What do girls wear for rock concerts, parties etc.?

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
Tinaa

Post by Tinaa »

hi everyone :wah:

i've created this new thread for girls, who likes listening rock music, visiting all these rock parties, concerts, festivals etc. and wants to share their ideas, advices and opinions about alternative women's clothing and party outfits. I think it could be interesting. :D

So, what do you wear for rock parties, concerts etc.? Jeans and band T-Shirts? Dresses? Where do you buy some alternative women's clothes? Any online store to recommend? i've found e.g. one - [moderator deleted link]. Has anyone ever ordered these dresses? when yes, can you give me a feedback, pls.

Thanks a lot! Join my discussion! :D

[note: that was me, spot. I do hope he comes back and complains at his product placement evaporating.]
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

The thread is sexist.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I thought clothing itself would be appropriate.

But what do i know.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso!;1504374 wrote: The thread is sexist.

Why? We all wear clothes. Clothing is a Major Industry, employing millions of people. Clothes can be more than covering, clothes can be fun. I don't believe there can be an advanced alien civilization who are naked like E.T., etc. Clothing is the way we express ourselves, our individuality. This young lady was talking to girls 'cause she is a girl. Men like clothing too. Where's your beef?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1504395 wrote: Why? We all wear clothes. Clothing is a Major Industry, employing millions of people. Clothes can be more than covering, clothes can be fun. I don't believe there can be an advanced alien civilization who are naked like E.T., etc. Clothing is the way we express ourselves, our individuality. This young lady was talking to girls 'cause she is a girl. Men like clothing too. Where's your beef?

There is actually no information to support the idea that the OP author is male or female. More preconceptions at work.

Probably some guy in Bangalore or Rawalpindi who gets paid for any hits from the link he/she originally included in the OP.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

AnneBoleyn;1504395 wrote: Why? We all wear clothes. Clothing is a Major Industry, employing millions of people. Clothes can be more than covering, clothes can be fun. I don't believe there can be an advanced alien civilization who are naked like E.T., etc. Clothing is the way we express ourselves, our individuality. This young lady was talking to girls 'cause she is a girl. Men like clothing too. Where's your beef?

Have to disagree there. All clothing (fashion) is a commercial construct to keep women enslaved to a stereotypical "type". Hence uniforms.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

magentaflame;1504406 wrote: Have to disagree there. All clothing (fashion) is a commercial construct to keep women enslaved to a stereotypical "type". Hence uniforms.

Then I guess you will just have to create your own! Seriously, I'm not just talking 'high fashion'. Jeans & a tee shirt can show individuality, too. Ripped knees, which I don't care for, appliques sewn on by oneself, that's fashion, too. Personally, never felt enslaved by the clothing I chose, although I see your point if one is dressing to please someone else, whether a 'significant' other or worse, a boss. But you can lose the 'other' & one is not working ALL the time.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

magentaflame;1504406 wrote: Have to disagree there. All clothing (fashion) is a commercial construct to keep women enslaved to a stereotypical "type". Hence uniforms.

That's funny.

Only, the thing I know about women's fashion is what the Mrs wears. When I first met her she was wearing overalls which were most appropriate for factory work. Must admit she did what any typical young lady is expected to do which was to fit them out well.

My Mrs keeps up with fashion, but like the overalls fits it for her. She is anything but enslaved.

If anything men are enslaved to our own desires and lusts.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
spot

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1504404 wrote: Probably some guy in Bangalore or Rawalpindi who gets paid for any hits from the link he/she originally included in the OP.

Ukraine.

Women used to wear dungarees.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

What are "alternative women"? Are they womyn or womban, wimmin? Maybe Tinaa is an alternative woman?

(I'm making a joke, sort of. I think I know what he/she meant.)
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Make a statement. Don't wear anything.
gmc

Post by gmc »

I thought in the UK at fesrivals the girls wore wellies and a raincoat. Probably some new fetish is starting even as we speak.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

When I was a teenager and went to concerts, I wore mini skirts and cute blouses. Now, I would wear whatever would fit and look decent in public. LOL
Anetta

Post by Anetta »

You are right!

Return to “Fashion Clothing”