Bone Conduction Earphones

Home Theater, Car Audio, Audiophile Systems, Tube Systems, and more.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Anyone try any yet? I have and they are terrific.

How It Works - Audio Bone Headphones
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ahso!;1502936 wrote: Anyone try any yet? I have and they are terrific.

How It Works - Audio Bone Headphones

I saw an advert for them recently (thinking about it, it was the one and only time I've watched The Apprentice and the challenge featured the headphones) and I did a bit of research on the grounds that I cannot wear in ear headphones.

The reviews I saw were universally dismissive - poor sound and too expensive being the consensus.

If you've found a brand that work well I'd be very interested.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

My daughter has a set, and likes them. I've never tried them.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Bryn Mawr;1502937 wrote: I saw an advert for them recently (thinking about it, it was the one and only time I've watched The Apprentice and the challenge featured the headphones) and I did a bit of research on the grounds that I cannot wear in ear headphones.

The reviews I saw were universally dismissive - poor sound and too expensive being the consensus.

If you've found a brand that work well I'd be very interested.I purchased two Aftershockz brand - one is their Titanium wireless bluetooth /microphone set and the other is wired with a microphone

The sound is terrific especially if you use earplugs to block outside noise, it sounds as good as any headphone I've ever used.

The Bluetooth and microphone are the weakest aspect, but that goes for anything Bluetooth these days, which is why i purchased the wired set also.

I paid $129.99 for the wireless set - it's very flexible. And I paid $52.00 for the wired set, which is not as flexible. The wired are less without the microphone feature.

I do recommend them for people like me who need some aid in hearing. The phone calls are much easier for me to deal with and I can actually make out television/movie dialogue, which is a biggie for me.

Interestingly enough, I believe my hearing has gotten better since using these earphones and I attribute that to them.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ahso!;1502943 wrote: I purchased two Aftershockz brand - one is their Titanium wireless bluetooth /microphone set and the other is wired with a microphone

The sound is terrific especially if you use earplugs to block outside noise, it sounds as good as any headphone I've ever used.

The Bluetooth and microphone are the weakest aspect, but that goes for anything Bluetooth these days, which is why i purchased the wired set also.

I paid $129.99 for the wireless set - it's very flexible. And I paid $52.00 for the wired set, which is not as flexible. The wired are less without the microphone feature.

I do recommend them for people like me who need some aid in hearing. The phone calls are much easier for me to deal with and I can actually make out television/movie dialogue, which is a biggie for me.

Interestingly enough, I believe my hearing has gotten better since using these earphones and I attribute that to them.

Many thanks for this, a personal recommendation is always the best way forwards so I'll check them out.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Glad I could help. See, I'm useful! ;)

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Home and Car Audio”