Armed insurrection in the us?

gmc

Post by gmc »

A question for the americans on this forum. If Trump loses and given he has been inciting his followers to violence how likely, do you think, are riots etc after the presidential election? Some of his followers do not seem terribly rational.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

gmc;1502030 wrote: A question for the americans on this forum. If Trump loses and given he has been inciting his followers to violence how likely, do you think, are riots etc after the presidential election? Some of his followers do not seem terribly rational.

Have you seen how the Police are tooled up over there ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
gmc

Post by gmc »

Bruv;1502036 wrote: Have you seen how the Police are tooled up over there ?

Slaughtering unarmed black people is a bit different from taking on white supremacists and religious nutters armed with assault rifles and machine guns. Some of trump's supporters do not seem to be terribly rational ansd if trump shows no resspect for the rule of law and the constitution why would his supporters?.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

gmc;1502039 wrote: Slaughtering unarmed black people is a bit different from taking on white supremacists and religious nutters armed with assault rifles and machine guns. Some of trump's supporters do not seem to be terribly rational ansd if trump shows no resspect for the rule of law and the constitution why would his supporters?.

Remember Google is your friend HERE.....and Obama is worried as well HERE
gmc

Post by gmc »

Bruv;1502045 wrote: Remember Google is your friend HERE.....and Obama is worried as well HERE

Crikey why do the police need tanks?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

gmc;1502046 wrote: Crikey why do the police need tanks?

In America it seems they do.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

There is a lot of talk from the Idiot Right about how they are going to go take the country back is The D is beat in the election. I hope that it proves to be all bluster. The problem is that many of these folks don't seem to really have the ability to look at the long-term probabilities of any action they might take.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I cant see it. All storm in a tea cup and pure entertainment.

If they thought Trump was a threat he'd have been done for incitement already.

So far though its been an extremely cynical election, and to my eyes, is this the only way to get a female president? I dont believe she's had to argue anything important yet. She just seems to be rebutting his bad behaviour, he hasnt even got pilicies of arguable substance........ .. this will be the easiest election for any democrat to win.

Or i could be wrong and the US is going to plunge into civil war.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

gmc;1502030 wrote: A question for the americans on this forum. If Trump loses and given he has been inciting his followers to violence how likely, do you think, are riots etc after the presidential election? Some of his followers do not seem terribly rational.

I haven't heard anything from him inciting violence. Mostly a lot of the same crybaby stuff he has been doing all along.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1502060 wrote: I haven't heard anything from him inciting violence. Mostly a lot of the same crybaby stuff he has been doing all along.

You must have missed this.......in the first minute.

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

[QUOTE=Bruv;1502069]You must have missed this.......in the first minute.

That was well exploited by the mess media.

Those of us who value our natural, civil and Constitutional Right have done quite well without violence.

It is slanderous to say otherwise.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1502060 wrote: I haven't heard anything from him inciting violence. Mostly a lot of the same crybaby stuff he has been doing all along.

That was well exploited by the mess media.

But you said you hadn't heard anything......your interpretation is obviously different to all the rest of us.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Bruv;1502069 wrote: You must have missed this.......in the first minute.

It's things like that also encouraging his supporters to beat up hecklers and also his stating he will not accept the result of the election - unless he wins that prompted my question. Maybe he's just joking but he does seem to have a lot of supporters who are basket cases.

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1502074 wrote: But you said you hadn't heard anything......your interpretation is obviously different to all the rest of us.

I gave an answer to your question

A question for the americans on this forum. If Trump loses and given he has been inciting his followers to violence how likely, do you think, are riots etc after the presidential election? Some of his followers do not seem terribly rational.

You come up with this Video where in no way he incites violence. It has nothing to do with his acceptance of the election.

What is that saying?

much ado about nothing

I must be clear, I am no fan of the Don, I could care if it is him or the woman who puts the final nail in the Constitution.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1502091 wrote: You come up with this Video where in no way he incites violence.

As I said.................your interpretation is different to most others, not sure who has it right.

Are you familiar with the fable "The Emperor's New Clothes?"
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

It's scary to think that Trump is even in the running. However, as things are it looks like he's pretty much conceding defeat as he's already making excuses for his losing by making claims that the election was rigged against him.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1502110 wrote: It's scary to think that Trump is even in the running. However, as things are it looks like he's pretty much conceding defeat as he's already making excuses for his losing by making claims that the election was rigged against him.

He has made it very clear that he will not concede.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1502125 wrote: He has made it very clear that he will not concede.

It doesn't matter, right? Anyway, I'm not counting chickens yet.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

LarsMac;1502125 wrote: He has made it very clear that he will not concede.
Not in as many words, but he's lining up his excuses.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

i'm looking forward to the excuse list.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

gmc;1502030 wrote: A question for the americans on this forum. If Trump loses and given he has been inciting his followers to violence how likely, do you think, are riots etc after the presidential election? Some of his followers do not seem terribly rational.You can't "given" something that isn't "given".

I have been watching the campaigns pretty attentively and I have heard no such threat, from Trump or anyone else. In fact, such incitement might be a punishable crime in itself.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Mark Aspam;1502271 wrote: You can't "given" something that isn't "given".

I have been watching the campaigns pretty attentively and I have heard no such threat.

Really?

There are numerous recorded events where he told people in the audience to commit violent acts on "non supporters" And a couple of times he promised to pay the legal costs of those who did.

That sounds like inciting violence to me.
- DH Lawrence
Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

LarsMac;1502272 wrote: Really?

There are numerous recorded events where he told people in the audience to commit violent acts on "non supporters" And a couple of times he promised to pay the legal costs of those who did.

That sounds like inciting violence to me.I don't know how "numerous" they are or were, your key words are "in the audience".

I think that the initial poster was presenting an imagined situation that he thought might occur if or after Trump were to lose the election, and I see no indication of that. If you know something different, from a RELIABLE source, please share it with the rest of us.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Mark Aspam;1502271 wrote: I have been watching the campaigns pretty attentively and I have heard no such threat, from Trump or anyone else. In fact, such incitement might be a punishable crime in itself.

Mark did you read through this thread ? There is one video of the man talking in a way that is unworthy of a candidate for the most powerful post in the world.

Anyway.........if you missed that here is another incident of the goon shooting his mouth off.

About a minute in.......

Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

Bruv;1502274 wrote: Mark did you read through this thread ? There is one video of the man talking in a way that is unworthy of a candidate for the most powerful post in the world.

Anyway.........if you missed that here is another incident of the goon shooting his mouth off.

About a minute in.......

I'm getting is "A Plug-In is Needed..." so I can't comment on the video. A plug-in is what I do with my shaver every morning, but I don't think that's what they mean.

HOWEVER, almost everything Trump says is unworthy of a candidate for ANY post. That's why he is unlikely to win the election, barring some last-minute surprise. But encouraging his moron supporters to riot, which would almost certainly result in their arrest, that I doubt that he is advocating.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Mark Aspam;1502276 wrote: All I'm getting is "A Plug-In is Needed..." so I can't comment on the video. A plug-in is what I do with my shaver every morning, but I don't think that's what they mean.

HOWEVER, almost everything Trump says is unworthy of a candidate for ANY post. That's why he is unlikely to win the election, barring some last-minute surprise. But encouraging his moron supporters to riot, which would almost certainly result in their arrest, that I doubt that he is advocating.

You may be assuming too much of him. He does not appear to actually give much thought to what comes out of his mouth.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Mark Aspam;1502276 wrote: All I'm getting is "A Plug-In is Needed..." so I can't comment on the video. A plug-in is what I do with my shaver every morning, but I don't think that's what they mean.

Here is a draft of the "Knock the crap out of them" speech.

In the UK we were convinced our future in the EU would never be in question......same again much of the Out campaign was Trump like extravagant hyperbole......the unbelievable happened......we voted out........................have you seen the latest news ?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Fox News made the claim that the FBI were investigating her & planning to indict her if / when she got elected. The next day they admitted that it was an outright lie. However, it is an old technique of planting doubt in people's minds. Rather like stating that someone was being investigated by the Police of accusations of Child Abuse, even though it were later announced that the accusations were found to be false, there would always follow the claims of "No smoke without fire", despite the fact that Police HAVE to investigate any such claims. The problem is that mud sticks, and even an unfounded allegation can ruin someone's life. Most people, I imagine, will agree that Trump is an odious madman, who is a danger to the security of the world if ever he were to be elected, but both sides seem to be guilty of mud slinging instead of keeping to the real issues. But that's politics for you.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

As to violence: There was an example of a man wearing a Trump pin on his short and was standing outside the early voting places displaying a openly carried handgun on his hip. When asked, he replied that he was "overseeing the election process."

Is that intimidating or what?

Republicans are haters.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mark Aspam;1502273 wrote: I don't know how "numerous" they are or were, your key words are "in the audience".

I think that the initial poster was presenting an imagined situation that he thought might occur if or after Trump were to lose the election, and I see no indication of that. If you know something different, from a RELIABLE source, please share it with the rest of us.

Actually no I wanted to find out what americans thought of whether it was likely or not. Trump does at times seem to be inciting people to resort to violence if he loses.

Donald Trump: 'I will totally accept' election results 'if I win'

Donald Trump: 'I will totally accept' election results 'if i win' - CNNPolitics.com

OK he's qualified what he said but as I said earlier some of his supporters seem a bit on the loony side.

Bear in mind I live in a country where people who want to own guns are generally viewed as unstable we donlt have large sections of the population that are heavily armed and spend their time watching conspiracies are us.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

gmc;1502351 wrote: Actually no I wanted to find out what americans thought of whether it was likely or not. Trump does at times seem to be inciting people to resort to violence if he loses.

Let me put it this way, gmc: A student of mine announced to the class that "We have the right to overthrow the government if we think it's a tyranny!" I had to shut him up with, "The "we" you are referring to is the MAJORITY of your fellow citizens."
gmc

Post by gmc »

Saint_;1502352 wrote: Let me put it this way, gmc: A student of mine announced to the class that "We have the right to overthrow the government if we think it's a tyranny!" I had to shut him up with, "The "we" you are referring to is the MAJORITY of your fellow citizens."

Did it work or did he just think you were oppressing him? Jokinmg aside why does he thinki it's a tyranny?
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,

Declaration of Independence
gmc

Post by gmc »

tude dog;1502378 wrote: IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,

Declaration of Independence

That's why you have two elected houses, one to balance the power of the other and an elected executive in the president whose power is constrained by the two elected houses. Why does he or you (if you do that is) think you have a tyrannical government when you the people elect it? On a side note if trump gets elected you have a president who will probably want to make his office superior to the senate and congress if he does then you might find put what tyranny is like. If he can't it will be because your political system works.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Prime your muskets folks.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

gmc;1502380 wrote: That's why you have two elected houses, one to balance the power of the other and an elected executive in the president whose power is constrained by the two elected houses. Why does he or you (if you do that is) think you have a tyrannical government when you the people elect it? On a side note if trump gets elected you have a president who will probably want to make his office superior to the senate and congress if he does then you might find put what tyranny is like. If he can't it will be because your political system works.

My response had nothing to do with Trump. It was to Saint's post concerning something his student said.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1502381 wrote: Prime your muskets folks.

Today we lock and load.

What exactly does that mean?

I don't know, but the message seems clear.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1502384 wrote: Today we lock and load.

What exactly does that mean?

I don't know, but the message seems clear.

I thought priming muskets was the norm in 1776, horses as transport, wide spread rickets, scurvy.................quill pens.

Enigmatic enough for ya ?
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1502390 wrote: I thought priming muskets was the norm in 1776, horses as transport, wide spread rickets, scurvy.................quill pens.

Enigmatic enough for ya ?

Whatever.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1502390 wrote: I thought priming muskets was the norm in 1776, horses as transport, wide spread rickets, scurvy.................quill pens.

To load a "musket", you locked the hammer back so that it would not spark while you were loading powder and shot.

When I was young, I became very adept and loading and firing (accurately) an old muzzle loading flintlock my uncle owned.

Even once took down a wild Hog with it. (two shots)

I did, once, fail to lock the hammer, and singed my eyebrows. A mistake very few people make twice.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1502396 wrote: To load a "musket", you locked the hammer back so that it would not spark while you were loading powder and shot.

When I was young, I became very adept and loading and firing (accurately) an old muzzle loading flintlock my uncle owned.

Even once took down a wild Hog with it. (two shots)

I did, once, fail to lock the hammer, and singed my eyebrows. A mistake very few people make twice.

Darn

I never shot a flintlock, but I know it makes sense.

I shoot cap and ball. Often regretted not buying a flintlock.

But then again, I am very fond of my eyebrows.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1502396 wrote: Even once took down a wild Hog with it. (two shots)

Do you get two shots with a musket ?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1502403 wrote: Do you get two shots with a musket ?

Only if you can reload quickly.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Bruv;1502403 wrote: Do you get two shots with a musket ?

If youve got two of them ?
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Anti-Trump protests, some violent, erupt for 3rd night nationwide

Get a job.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

The get a job plea goes both ways ?

Reports of racism rise
gmc

Post by gmc »

tude dog;1502382 wrote: My response had nothing to do with Trump. It was to Saint's post concerning something his student said.

See where you are coming from. Still wondering why his student thinks he is living in a tyranny. He might be about to find out what living under a christian right wing authoritarian regime feels like.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

gmc;1502626 wrote: See where you are coming from. Still wondering why his student thinks he is living in a tyranny. He might be about to find out what living under a christian right wing authoritarian regime feels like.

Thats terribly sad, thats what began to happen when Abbot was voted in here. But his own party got rid of him and watered things down before it got out of hand......
gmc

Post by gmc »

magentaflame;1502645 wrote: Thats terribly sad, thats what began to happen when Abbot was voted in here. But his own party got rid of him and watered things down before it got out of hand......

I don't think that's going to happen in the US. his own party couldn't stop him during the primaries

Return to “United States”