It's time for Momus to say Goodbye.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Momus

Post by Momus »

Well folks, it's been a blast.

It started with a very interesting debate i took part in, where some seasoned psychoanalysists argued with the advent and increasing reliability of the internet, that any man, woman or child could create a persona from behind the keyboard to fool and hoodwink even the most seasoned and hardened users. It could even lead to a race of people who actually have no idea of who they are talking to. We were asked to go away, experiment and return with our findings.

It's been fun but sadly, time restraints now dictate i must leave and go back to work.

Of course, once this post is read, red or reed, i shall be banned anyway. Yet it was great to annoy certain members and connect with some, i did have a smidging of regard for.

I have to say it was difficult to hide my true political leanings but case proved, i feel.

The upshot. No Betty Boop swooping in trolling every post whilst i was Momus.

Spot behaving rationally and civil.

Fuzzy or Magenta, whoever you are these days, still the same.

gmc... my old pal... still a miserable old git...but i still love you. If you think you'll ever get Scottish Independence, then dream on.

Fourpart.... You're quite sensible when you try. See how differently you behaved towards me when you didn't know i was far right ?

Gilly.... Dear Gilly.... sorry for winding you up young man :yh_rotfl... Love to Chris and doggie

Bruv... still the HP guzzling moaning old tosser i remember so well.

Lars... the mediator

And Bryn... My heartfelt apologies for calling you a c ** t.... you got me on one of my better days. Still always the gentleman. Don't change.

Well, it's goodbye. I wish you all well. Take care and thank you for your contributions.

I must leave now for I am Oscar
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I figured it out a while ago, but I wasn't sayin Nothin'
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Momus

Post by Momus »

LarsMac;1502193 wrote: I figured it out a while ago, but I wasn't sayin Nothin'

Haha... Wonder if any others will admit, they didn't. I have to say, the experiment was not easy. It does show how perception can change under fake persona's. It explains why so many are duped or victims of fraud on the internet.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Posters come and go.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I didn't......but I always try to be myself, and as honest as I can be.....moaning old tosser or not.

Sad really......that need to engage with people from behind a mask.......sad and worrying.

Oh dear.....me moaning again......but that's me........no subterfuge.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your game. Maybe you can try again after a short time, as somebody else ! :lips:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
gmc

Post by gmc »

I didn't guess, miss the old oscar at least you could have a good going argument.

It started with a very interesting debate i took part in, where some seasoned psychoanalysists argued with the advent and increasing reliability of the internet, that any man, woman or child could create a persona from behind the keyboard to fool and hoodwink even the most seasoned and hardened users. It could even lead to a race of people who actually have no idea of who they are talking to. We were asked to go away, experiment and return with our findings.

Well gosh have they only just worked that out? Must be bnp/ukip members or something - delusional but convinced they have all the answers or was that the religious?:thinking:
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

No, I didn't know because Oscar is always so nice to me & I like her despite political differences because she has always shown me her humanity & friendship. Momus was rude to me, Oscar Never Was.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Who is Oscar?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

My very first thought after seeing two posts was.... 'oh christ i thought that one armed numb nut was gone!'........ oh well. After your snide comment about my ex leaving me i was convinced. And therefore have no problem calling you a one armed numb nut.

Experiment? Is that what theyre calling mental illness these days.?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

flopstock;1502202 wrote: Who is Oscar?
well,...

- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac;1502205 wrote: well,...

Stop it!

Im still in hospital.......it hurts when i laugh.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Interesting reading on what a 'troll' is

Question: What Is an Internet 'Troll'? How Should I Deal With Trolls?

Answer: An internet 'troll' is an abusive or obnoxious person who purposely seeks to get a rise out of others, either online or in real life. A troll will use shock value to promote arguments in conversations, commonly in Facebook threads and in public online discussions. Named after the wicked troll creatures of children's tales, an internet troll is someone who stirs up drama and abuses their online anonymity by purposely sowing hatred, bigotry, racism, mysogyny, or just simple bickering between others.

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-an-int ... ll-2483704

Maybe this is my rise to the troll called Momus, tut tut, Betty slaps her own wrist and exits the non-event.:D
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Oh....so thats a troll?

Well it didnt work then because we're all in agreeance ;)

She called bryn a the 'c'word? Like really? Thats crazy talk!
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

So why does Oscar have to be banned again? People have gotten into flame wars, been banned, waited a while, then come back with no big drama...
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Saint_;1502216 wrote: So why does Oscar have to be banned again? People have gotten into flame wars, been banned, waited a while, then come back with no big drama...

Since Oscar has not been unbanned, Oscar cannot be banned again.

Any deeper discussion on that subject is best be left to the powers that be.
- DH Lawrence
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I had an idea momus was a former member but didn't associate him/her with Oscar
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Snowfire;1502218 wrote: I had an idea momus was a former member but didn't associate him/her with Oscar

A Grumpy Oscar, at that.
- DH Lawrence
Momus

Post by Momus »

gmc;1502199 wrote: I didn't guess, miss the old oscar at least you could have a good going argument.

Well gosh have they only just worked that out? Must be bnp/ukip members or something - delusional but convinced they have all the answers or was that the religious?:thinking:

Shut up Haggis chops :wah:

I can understand the resentment from some at feeling used. I hate that feeling also and in fact, it's because i do have affection for people here, many i am still in touch with, who know me well, that i couldn't continue with the pretence any longer.

So, let me stress one vital factor. I could have gone to any other forum, website with a variety of sections of society, but i chose here, because i know the members here are seasoned forum users and it would be so much more difficult to dupe them. That's a compliment by the way. Also, i was not laughing away to myself from behind my keyboard. There was nothing to enjoy in that manner.

It does show, the point of the debate i took part in. I always believed and even argued that one's true personality would always show through at some point. A tell tale typo, a catch phrase or manner of writing, and the duper would be quickly rumbled.

The debate i took part in was in relation to how adult men can groom teenagers, even younger on the internet by posing as a child, and why they don't get rumbled until it's too late. Also, sane, rational women getting fleeced of their life savings by an imposter on the internet.

It begs the question, do we really have a clue, who we are talking to on the internet?

It's further interesting that our perception of someone can instantly change, when we believe they are someone else.

So, my sincere apologies to those offended. Bruv, my comment about you was very tongue in cheek and you should have known that. Anne, it was not easy because i have always got along with you in the past.

Take care everyone and although premature, have a joyous Noel.
Momus

Post by Momus »

LarsMac;1502219 wrote: A Grumpy Oscar, at that.

They all thought i had to a man.... That tells us a lot about perception and prejudgement.
Momus

Post by Momus »

magentaflame;1502214 wrote: Oh....so thats a troll?

Well it didnt work then because we're all in agreeance ;)

She called bryn a the 'c'word? Like really? Thats crazy talk!

Still the same old Fuzzy eh?

You see Fuzzy, i am one of those people who if i look back in hindsight and believe i have treated someone badly, i do try to be honest, flag it up and apologise.

You should try it. It's invariably rewarding.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Hey Julie, how is life treating you these days ? Possibly, more importantly, dare I ask how Peter is ?
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Momus

Post by Momus »

G#Gill;1502224 wrote: Hey Julie, how is life treating you these days ? Possibly, more importantly, dare I ask how Peter is ?

Thank you for asking Gilly. I will e mail you later x
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Experiment - B.S.

Did you get banned from the other forum already?

Oh, the compliment that FG was chosen...:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl.

that was a touching addition...:yh_rotfl

You crave the attention - you need drama in you life at all times - like attending your own funeral for attention.

How many times have you been banned from FG? and you keep coming back.

Like something you can't scrape off the bottom of your shoe.

Patsy
Momus

Post by Momus »

Patsy Warnick;1502227 wrote: Experiment - B.S.

Did you get banned from the other forum already?

Oh, the compliment that FG was chosen...:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl.

that was a touching addition...:yh_rotfl

You crave the attention - you need drama in you life at all times - like attending your own funeral for attention.

How many times have you been banned from FG? and you keep coming back.

Like something you can't scrape off the bottom of your shoe.

Patsy

The charm school didn't work for you then Patsy?

My my my... your comment says nothing about me but sure as hell, says a lot about you.

In fact, you are the exact example of my topic. Does anyone really know who they are talking to on the internet and can anyone dupe others by creating a fake persona. Well well well Patsy, you have certainly demonstrated that yes, they can. What a very bitter response.

No Patsy, just for the record, i have not been booted off another forum. No, i do not visit other forums. I do not even visit political forums relating to my section of politics. I don't have to go to forums to talk about those things because my time is taken up, actually doing it for real. I have been working as an election agent for candidates and i have just returned from Batley and Spen constiuency, which will mean nothing to you.

I have been giving speeches and guesting on radio shows and in fact Patsy, two of those was for the good old USA for all y'll Trump fans.

I work anything up to 12 hours a day. I spend weeks away from home along with continuing to photograph race horses on the tracks and writing on my racing history web site.

I also have a very busy social life and believe me Patsy, should i ever find enough hours in the day to sit on forums, with the greatest of respect to other members here, let's be brutal, here, FG is not exactly a hub of activity is it? I am sure i could have found thousands of others out there but it had to be with people you knew. Thus, if i haven't been on a forum for years, i could not do that.

The ' experiment' was actually a very serious topic in this country. I was honoured to be invited to take part in a leaders conference in England and one subject was , how the hell we stop the child abuse grooming in this country. Yet, i suppose you have no interest in that topic.

Never mind Patsy. If i was so desperate to get back in this forum, i'd hardly expose myself so quickly would i ? Still, although we have seen the real Patsy now, i shall wish you a joyous Noel and bid you goodnight.

Forgot to mention... i can talk to 90 % of members here any time i like as friends on Facebook. I don't need to come here to talk to them Patsy. We even have our own little group on Facebook.... didn't know that did you.? Sorry but we didn't invite you.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

The problem is we don't know if that is Momus Oscar speaking.......or some new persona............I've lost trust in my own judgment.

Mind you........I have never trusted the right wing.......so I was correct all along
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Momus

Post by Momus »

Bruv;1502229 wrote: The problem is we don't know if that is Momus Oscar speaking.......or some new persona............I've lost trust in my own judgment.

Mind you........I have never trusted the right wing.......so I was correct all along

I find it interesting that all assumed Momus had to be a man. I hoped to be able to post highly articulate posts. If they did indeed come across as intelligent, then what that says, is that, when people see intellect, they assume it has to be man, after all, it can't possibly be a woman, because women are not as clever as men eh ?

Anyway, Goldilocks, before i leave, i hope you're well on the road to recovery now and feeling a lot better and enjoying good health,
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

And your here for why?

Oh - look at your lip service - all about you - your just amazing - where in the world do you find time for FG? :yh_rotfl

You seem to think we're privileged to have you here.:-2 - you know that HUB of activity :wah:

You said Good Bye on Halloween - how appropriate. your still lingering like a bad odor.

Patsy
Momus

Post by Momus »

Patsy Warnick;1502231 wrote: And your here for why?

Oh - look at your lip service - all about you - your just amazing - where in the world do you find time for FG? :yh_rotfl

You seem to think we're privileged to have you here.:-2 - you know that HUB of activity :wah:

You said Good Bye on Halloween - how appropriate. your still lingering like a bad odor.

Patsy

Patsy. I don't know what makes you so bitter in life, especially when it's woman. After all, you didn't say boo when you thought i was a man. Whatever it is, i hope you find inner happiness before it's too late. Life is too short already.

Do try to find happiness Patsy.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Your not here to give advice - go back to the radio gig.

You stated you had soooo many friends here - the ones you have deceived - what kind of Friend is that? who needs it?

Experiment B.S..:yh_rotfl

What's the purpose of being here? - you said all your Good Byes to all your dear friends.

can't find your broom you flew in on?

I'm not bitter Ms. No Name - I don't like you.

Patsy
spot

Post by spot »

We shall, if nobody objects, close this thread before it gets unpleasant.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “General Chit Chat”