Paralympics

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bruv

Paralympics

Post by Bruv »

Anybody watching ?

Anyone amazed at some of the competitors overcoming their problems, and some others wonder what their disability really is ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Snowfire

Paralympics

Post by Snowfire »

Ive watched a lot of it. I was hooked after watching Richard Whitehead back in 2012 winning the 200 metres

At 50 metres, he's miles behind. At 100 metres he's almost last. Then he just powers past everyone to break the world record.

That race bought me to tears.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
G#Gill

Paralympics

Post by G#Gill »

Have you watched any of the wheelchair tennis ? Totally gobsmacking !!!! We got Gold and Silver medals in the final, an all GB final ! Brilliant stuff!
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Bruv

Paralympics

Post by Bruv »

This sums it up for me, Alex Brooker if you didn't know was born with hand,arm and leg deformities.

minks

Paralympics

Post by minks »

My cousin is on the Canadian Women's Sitting Volleyball team. Amazing to watch these ladies. WOW just wow on all the para-athletes.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
magentaflame

Paralympics

Post by magentaflame »

Just saw the marathon....two British boys, brothers? One helping the other across the line......now thats special.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Bruv

Paralympics

Post by Bruv »

magentaflame;1501341 wrote: Just saw the marathon....two British boys, brothers? One helping the other across the line......now thats special.

It was the Triathlon in Mexico.......not the Paralympics.....but yes very special.

Triathlon World Series in Mexico.
magentaflame

Paralympics

Post by magentaflame »

Ahhh, well that would explaintheir apparent lack of disability...... i thought at first the poor fellow had some kind of cerebal problem, but i suppose in the end he did.

(Note to self- dont blink between sports stories.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!

Return to “General Chit Chat”