Speechless

gmc

Speechless

Post by gmc »

Horrific video shows greyhound screaming as it is BOILED ALIVE in rural China | Daily Mail Online

What can you say.
Momus

Speechless

Post by Momus »

There is worse, including being skinned alive and thrown into a crusher, still often awake and alive. The Yulin festival yearly see's unspeakable cruelty. Protesters have been pleading for years for the West to intervene.

Yulin Dog Meat Festival 2016: 10,000 dogs to be killed and eaten at China's annual food event | The Independent
magentaflame

Speechless

Post by magentaflame »

I understand peoples of different cultures eat different things, but some things need to be looked into.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
AnneBoleyn

Speechless

Post by AnneBoleyn »

No, no, no, I can't watch it. I remember signing petitions about Yulin last year. Why can't they humanely kill the dog first? I don't know what can be done about influencing such a super power like China, except signing, signing, signing petitions, writing articles & publicizing and speaking to Chinese tourists or emigres. I don't know how the west can intervene. A boycott of some sort, possibly?
magentaflame

Speechless

Post by magentaflame »

Money and saving face. Thats how you do it. Boycotting hits the hip pocket. Exposure embarrasses.

The chinese are on a downward turn, they cant afford to lose face
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
gmc

Speechless

Post by gmc »

magentaflame;1500976 wrote: I understand peoples of different cultures eat different things, but some things need to be looked into.

It's not the eating of dogs so much - I find snails and frogs legs a bit odd, horsemeat offends many it's rather the torture beforehand you can actually hear people laughing no matter what the culture there is something wrfong with people who like to torment animals before killing them. On a side note poeple who hunt for "fun" no matter how they justify it to themselves I find hard to understand.
magentaflame

Speechless

Post by magentaflame »

I cant see videos or pics from this forum. But i have seen videos of the nature you are talking about.

Nothing will happen in a positive sense unless the Chinese gpvernment is embarrassed by it. (And they are not easily embarrassed) greyhound racing will be outlawed in Australia very soon. Only two states allow it now.

I agreed it has to be looked into.
gmc

Speechless

Post by gmc »

magentaflame;1501014 wrote: I cant see videos or pics from this forum. But i have seen videos of the nature you are talking about.

Nothing will happen in a positive sense unless the Chinese gpvernment is embarrassed by it. (And they are not easily embarrassed) greyhound racing will be outlawed in Australia very soon. Only two states allow it now.

I agreed it has to be looked into.

Why are they outlawing it? Care of the dogs after they finish racing or are not up to scratch is an issue here in that the diogs get dumped or destroyed but there are greyhound rescue centres they make good pets apparently and don't need much exercise.

Return to “Current Events”