San Antonio racist tirade

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

A black teenager used Facebook Live to reveal just how ugly racism is at a Chester's in San Antonio, Texas.

The 15-year-old went with her family to the restaurant after attending church services, and according to her, when she got her beverage she heard a white family cursing at her for an unknown reason.

With her camera in hand, and another relative by her side, she walked up to the white family and said, "So, Facebook, this is what racist people looks like."

Without skipping a beat, the white family immediately started using racial slurs and obscenities at the teen and her family.

Funny old world.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Looks to me like the black group simply went looking for trouble. After having attended Church Services? So what happened to turning the other cheek? Sounds a bit hypocritical to me - especially with all that language.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

It was a mother and her family.....the 15 year old daughter overheard "a white family cursing at her for an unknown reason" so she started filming live to Facebook.

To the opening line...... "So, Facebook, this is what racist people looks like." Didn't in my opinion warrant the following.......

"You're a ****ing ******!"

"Take your ****** ass back to Africa, hoe."

"My ancestor brought your black ass over here."

"My ancestors owned your ass, ******! My ancestors owned your ass, bitch!"

The 'over reaction' might have been building up from other niggling events.....it happens.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I pretty much discount the veracity of anything I see posted on Facebook, anymore. We generally are presented with a single-source piece of information, and must accept whatever is given for background for the event.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1500851 wrote: I pretty much discount the veracity of anything I see posted on Facebook, anymore. We generally are presented with a single-source piece of information, and must accept whatever is given for background for the event.

But unless the white couple were acting for some reason, it was pretty damning stuff.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1500853 wrote: But unless the white couple were acting for some reason, it was pretty damning stuff.

Well, true. I doubt that you have to look very far to find genuine racists in Texas. But I somehow, I doubt that most of them just randomly start talking crap without some sort of trigger.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Bruv;1500848 wrote: other niggling events..

Hahaha. I saw what you did there....
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Nothing else to do after church but to go create trouble.

Sounds to me the black family/girl hadn't been blessed.:wah:

looks like this black girl is a racist to grab the phone for a unauthorized photo of white people.

foolish

Patsy
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Interesting...... will the media track these people down to see it wasnt an act?

"No reciept" ....... that is pure gold.

Im wondering though, why is it that you all immediately assume the black family was causing trouble?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Bruv;1500853 wrote: But unless the white couple were acting for some reason, it was pretty damning stuff.

Do you get Jerry Springer over your way?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

flopstock;1500897 wrote: Do you get Jerry Springer over your way?

We used to, not sure if he is still about. We exported Jeremy Kyle to you, you don't have to send him back.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I see the reservations that this might just be a scam, because no names are mentioned throughout.

If I had been the ranting mother I would tried to publicise the event.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame;1500894 wrote: ...

Im wondering though, why is it that you all immediately assume the black family was causing trouble?

Well, I am assuming nothing. I simply remain skeptical of pretty much any of these type of things, because I know that there are always more sides of the story than the one that gets published on the media.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Well ive been pissed off with people before and i can swear at times like a drunken sailor........but ive never thought to touch on someones race or ancestry. Thats a new one to me.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

I don't know if I believe that it was real. For one thing the black girl was smiling throughout the whole thing. I've been all across this country and if that had happened in any restaurant in ANY state (including Texas) the patrons, both parties, would have been ejected.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I've been thinking about that too Zap. It did look a little 'staged', particularly noticing the total lack of interest shown by other patrons in the restaurant. That part of the video just didn't ring true. At least some of the other people in the restaurant would have turned to look at the arguing people! Makes me very suspicious that it is all a 'put-up job'.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1501011 wrote: I've been thinking about that too Zap. It did look a little 'staged', particularly noticing the total lack of interest shown by other patrons in the restaurant. That part of the video just didn't ring true. At least some of the other people in the restaurant would have turned to look at the arguing people! Makes me very suspicious that it is all a 'put-up job'.

Yes, I noticed that too. If I'd been in that restaurant I would have said something, complained to everybody I could. And everyone I go to dinner, lunch, whatever with, family, friends, would have done the same.

Return to “General Chit Chat”