good news for my son.

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
magentaflame

good news for my son.

Post by magentaflame »

Its always a nice phone call when your child is excited. Excited with caution.

Its the movie industry and its a long haul getting any movie made or even looked at.

But my youngest who sits in a call centre because its better than a waiting job (and much better pay) and actors need real jobs.

Anyway he's been offered a decent part in a movie. And if that doesnt come through then a series on tv next year.

He sent me a short (basically a pitch) i couldnt finish watching it. Not because its shoddy but because it was really good.

Its a thriller called 'matriarch' .... and as i said to my son its horrible because thats a female nightmare and already happens around the world.

I ll try to put a link up but im going to need help because i keep getting auto corrected. It may work here though because theres no auto correction here.

Basically, i summed it up as being a mixture of wolf creek and silence of the lambs. I hope it gets up for his sake and for the sake of the producer.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

good news for my son.

Post by magentaflame »

The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

good news for my son.

Post by magentaflame »

Not sure if that worked .... matriarch movie is in the recommended list though.
Bruv

good news for my son.

Post by Bruv »

It didn't work.....but I searched Matriarch and this has an Aussie twang.

Is this the one ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
magentaflame

good news for my son.

Post by magentaflame »

Its an extremely dark picture.....if an asian woman is set alight that would be the one.

IM SORRY .....I SHOULD HAVE PUT A WARNING UP AS WELL.!!!!!

Bruv, . its Aussie outback twang...... its disturbing to hear it because according to my city family i have acquired it.

if you have found it could you put it up for me.

My son was offered the role of one of the girls brothers. He thinks his character dies eventually .

Maybe this one.....it works on my phone.

Austral vision productions
LarsMac

good news for my son.

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1500748 wrote: It didn't work.....but I searched Matriarch and this has an Aussie twang.

Is this the one ?

Looking at the two links, the index numbers are the same, but the link is not working on Fuzzy's posts.

it can be fixed by mod. Will work on it.

Looks like and interesting flick. Hope your son gets the part.

We'll keep our fingers crossed.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

good news for my son.

Post by spot »

My congratulations to your son, I imagine chance is a big factor in whether people can make any impact in that career.

I thought the Australians had already made a TV series about a matriarch, set in the fifties. Very difficult to watch, I thought. A Place to Call Home. I looked the title up, I didn't remember.

The fifties is revival-time nostalgia for Australian TV at the moment - there's one about a small-town police pathologist as well, led by the most extremely famous currently living Australian singer-songwriter ever:
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

good news for my son.

Post by Bruv »

magentaflame;1500751 wrote: Bruv, . its Aussie outback twang...... its disturbing to hear it because according to my city family i have acquired it.

Tell yer bloomin famly you all got it.....................whatever they say.
AnneBoleyn

good news for my son.

Post by AnneBoleyn »

How wonderful! Keeping my fingers crossed for your son! Hope to watch a performance one day!
Patsy Warnick

good news for my son.

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Congrats to your son

he must be so excited

Patsy
magentaflame

good news for my son.

Post by magentaflame »

spot;1500758 wrote: My congratulations to your son, I imagine chance is a big factor in whether people can make any impact in that career.

I thought the Australians had already made a TV series about a matriarch, set in the fifties. Very difficult to watch, I thought. A Place to Call Home. I looked the title up, I didn't remember.

The fifties is revival-time nostalgia for Australian TV at the moment - there's one about a small-town police pathologist as well, led by the most extremely famous currently living Australian singer-songwriter ever:

Yeah, who've thought old craigy boy could act eh?

Although Guy Pierce is pretty good too.

Nah, matriarch is very different to what that show.

The short starts off almost like a music video....its part of the pitch. An understanding of an entire movie in twelve minutes is a big ask. I didnt even know thats how movies got pitched.

Kees, had a youtube channel last year. I know its old because he has blue hair and braces.

Keediggity. With such unforgettable videos such as straight people are dumb, i got mem'd gud. The get to know me tag, my first video......
ZAP

good news for my son.

Post by ZAP »

That is EXCITING!! Best of luck to your son. :yh_clap
Bruv

good news for my son.

Post by Bruv »

The next Mel Gibson ?
gmc

good news for my son.

Post by gmc »

beat of luck to your son
magentaflame

good news for my son.

Post by magentaflame »

Bruv;1500785 wrote: The next Mel Gibson ?

Nah he shuns Australiana stereotypes......i mentioned home and away and neighbours to him once....well bug'ger me if i didnt get the death stare. Apparently thats not real acting.....and really i think we could all agree with him.

Return to “Members' News”