Discuss the latest political news.
melaniebonce

The Out Campaign Are Getting Desperate

Post by melaniebonce »

verry hahpynes ,welcome the forums garden
spot

Post by spot »

It is, I think, time to take stock and choose our next Prime Minister.

Michael Gove.

No doubt about it. It's what the country deserves, after all.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

The thread needs bumping for purely technical reasons, the post count got out of step.

eta: there, that's now fixed.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr;1493545 wrote: Quoting "anonymous sources" to make unsubstantiated claims is bad form :-

EU referendum: Palace complains over Queen 'Brexit' story - BBC News

Gove's weasel-worded false-denial is quoted in Nick Clegg: Michael Gove behind Queen backs Brexit story - BBC News which is the first time I've seen the actual text: "I don't know how the Sun got all its information and I don't think it's really worth my adding anything to what's already been said."

It's the "all" which guarantees he was one of the Sun's sources. He may not know how the Sun got all its information but he knows how they got some of it, because he told them.

Why politicians like Govey don't just lie outright I've no idea. Does the man really think he makes things more acceptable by squirming around the truth like that?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

The same Gove you backed for PM ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Post by spot »

Bruv;1499753 wrote: The same Gove you backed for PM ?

After the mess he caused? Damn right I did - "It's what the country deserves, after all."
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1499754 wrote: After the mess he caused? Damn right I did - "It's what the country deserves, after all."

I shall have to learn to laugh at your posts more often.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

It's the Political Escape Hatch. When the truth gets out & they are later challenged over it, by using clever little phrases like that they can wheedle their way out of things. Such as "I never denied I may have let something slip, but I certainly didn't give them ALL their information". By adding that subtle Escape Hatch Clause he can get around accusations of lying.

Return to “Current Political Events”