Repercussions......

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bruv

Repercussions......

Post by Bruv »

Whatever the reasons, and they are complicated, there is fear afoot throughout Europe.

In the UK there is a rise in what is euphemistically called 'Hate crime' following brexit.

Throughout Europe mainly France and Germany blood is being spilled almost daily in yet more atrocities. There is a rise in sex assaults and rapes across the continent............most of these problems are laid at the feet of Islam.

Today a French church has been targeted with at least one death.

So.......what's the answer ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

Repercussions......

Post by LarsMac »

What is the question?

All that sounds like the rantings of a right-wing extremism anti-gummint alarmist outfit, like Breitbart.

Or, perhaps, Chicken Little.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
minks

Repercussions......

Post by minks »

sensationalism and glorification of crime

media whipping the general population into a frenzy

my answer would be muzzle the media.

If we look through the history of man, crime has always been around

I am by no means playing down the loss of human lives, the pain of sex crimes etc.

My bug is if we keep blasting the world with these details and how it took place we are feeding criminal minds to keep doing it as well we are instilling fear and as Lars said the "sky is falling" attitude.

We need harsher penalties for criminals, I would be interested in crime rates in countries around the world versus the various punishments countries hand out.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
AnneBoleyn

Repercussions......

Post by AnneBoleyn »

"my answer would be muzzle the media."

That's dictatorship. That's fascism. That's the Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, etc. etc. etc.

NO!
minks

Repercussions......

Post by minks »

we have so many copy cat crimes out there, look at the little idiot in munich, he was celebrating the 5th anniversary of what's his name in Norway who killed many. The media is feeding criminal minds.

The media has to stop glorifying and detailing these criminal acts.

I don't mean kill the media full stop. I mean stop the over dramatization of crime stories.

― Mae West
tude dog

Repercussions......

Post by tude dog »

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Bruv

Repercussions......

Post by Bruv »

Dawg is as........enigmatic as ever.....thanks.....I think.

Lars......Nice ? Rouen ? Munich ? Cologne ? Paris ? There are people dieing, the killers are reported as crying allahu akbar.

Whether these people are Islamists or deranged people doesn't really matter, the public is now wary of Arabic looking men and females wearing jihabs.

I am very left leaning and fearful of the repercussions of the swing to the right that these events are causing in elections across the world, even America god help us all.

minks......Depending who you listen to the media is muzzled already, that is what the right wing say anyway. Reporting perpetrators as German or French nationals and forgetting their parentage.

Anne.......Right you are, that is the way of dictatorships.
minks

Repercussions......

Post by minks »

Bruv,

what advantage is it to you or I to know the details of killers?

Who they are, where they come from, whom they emulated?

A killer is a killer.

I feel that by telling the general populace details of killers, and the killings, and the MO etc we are further creating racism. Is this not becoming clearer and clearer in the USA. A black kills a white all whites revolt against the blacks, a white kills a black, all blacks revolt against whites. These generalizations that all race, creed, gender etc are evil are also a part of the problem. So if we cut of the media details then as far as you and I would know, a sick twisted killer did this or that. It is up to the authorities then to do their jobs prejudice free.

― Mae West
LarsMac

Repercussions......

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1499156 wrote: Dawg is as........enigmatic as ever.....thanks.....I think.

Lars......Nice ? Rouen ? Munich ? Cologne ? Paris ? There are people dieing, the killers are reported as crying allahu akbar.

Whether these people are Islamists or deranged people doesn't really matter, the public is now wary of Arabic looking men and females wearing jihabs.

I am very left leaning and fearful of the repercussions of the swing to the right that these events are causing in elections across the world, even America god help us all.

minks......Depending who you listen to the media is muzzled already, that is what the right wing say anyway. Reporting perpetrators as German or French nationals and forgetting their parentage.

Anne.......Right you are, that is the way of dictatorships.

Bruv,

People are always dying. People are always killing. Crazy people will do crazy ****, just because they are crazy. They will claim a cause, just because that frightens people even more.

The last thing we need to do is give them the satisfaction that they will now be famous for what they've done. I say that we should virtually roll them into a shallow, unmarked grave of complete anonymity. Their names shall be banned from the media, and they will be forgotten.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Repercussions......

Post by Bruv »

minks;1499160 wrote: Bruv,

what advantage is it to you or I to know the details of killers?

Who they are, where they come from, whom they emulated?

A killer is a killer.

I feel that by telling the general populace details of killers, and the killings, and the MO etc we are further creating racism. Is this not becoming clearer and clearer in the USA. A black kills a white all whites revolt against the blacks, a white kills a black, all blacks revolt against whites. These generalizations that all race, creed, gender etc are evil are also a part of the problem. So if we cut of the media details then as far as you and I would know, a sick twisted killer did this or that. It is up to the authorities then to do their jobs prejudice free.

You are saying we should all close our eyes and la La La?
Bruv

Repercussions......

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1499161 wrote: Bruv,

People are always dying. People are always killing. Crazy people will do crazy ****, just because they are crazy. They will claim a cause, just because that frightens people even more.

The last thing we need to do is give them the satisfaction that they will now be famous for what they've done. I say that we should virtually roll them into a shallow, unmarked grave of complete anonymity. Their names shall be banned from the media, and they will be forgotten.

So how do you combat the repercussions of the presumed causes ?

Are they all deranged young men ? Are they deranged by their religious ideology ?

Why the reported increase in countries that have received high levels of immigrants in both crazy attacks and sex crimes ?

There is something driving the rise in such attacks, if it is Islam or not,Islam is getting the blame and the people guilty of looking Islamic will be under attack too.
tude dog

Repercussions......

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1499161 wrote: Bruv,

For us all who writes the rulebook on how news is to be reported?
minks

Repercussions......

Post by minks »

Bruv no I am not saying close our eyes to the horrible crimes, I am saying why let the media dictate our prejudices, why let the media throw "instructions" out there to others so they can copy cat horrible crimes.

Report the deaths and leave it at that. Leave the details to the authorities, they need them not us.

Tell me why do you need to know that a 21 year old misguided tangerine colored kid shot 4 middle aged knitting club members? Suddenly all knitting club members put a target on all tangerine colored kids ...

Police can't do their jobs because of the constant prejudice stirring out there. They are trained they should be left to do their jobs.

― Mae West
minks

Repercussions......

Post by minks »

Oh sorry another point Bruv,

sex crimes are not just an Islamic thing,

It's Asian,

It's white

It's everywhere. You can't generalize it to one race sadly.

I agree with you this world is in a truly sad sad state, humans are slipping back into some very evil and primal ways, the drive to kill and the drive to fornicate. Innocents are being endangered around every corner.

What do we do, arm everyone? Strengthen our justice system, increase our police numbers? I don't know.

― Mae West
LarsMac

Repercussions......

Post by LarsMac »

tude dog;1499165 wrote: For us all who writes the rulebook on how news is to be reported?

Rulebook?

There's a thought.
- DH Lawrence
minks

Repercussions......

Post by minks »

Rule book, oh good luck, we could never get everyone on the same page.

― Mae West
LarsMac

Repercussions......

Post by LarsMac »

minks;1499167 wrote: Oh sorry another point Bruv,

sex crimes are not just an Islamic thing,

It's Asian,

It's white

It's everywhere. You can't generalize it to one race sadly.

I agree with you this world is in a truly sad sad state, humans are slipping back into some very evil and primal ways, the drive to kill and the drive to fornicate. Innocents are being endangered around every corner.

What do we do, arm everyone? Strengthen our justice system, increase our police numbers? I don't know.

Just give Putin and Trump a free rein for a while.

They'll have the population to a manageable 1 Billion before long.
- DH Lawrence
minks

Repercussions......

Post by minks »

Mein Kamph revisited

― Mae West
Bruv

Repercussions......

Post by Bruv »

Don't think the media dictate my prejudices.

Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away, awareness is being forearmed.

There has undoubtedly been an increase of terrorism from people aligning with Islam, whether it is because of cultural considerations, such as sympathy with the wrongs to fellow Muslims over many years, who knows ? Some may be weirdo Internet teen jihadists, others may be more organised groups. Recognising they might have a cause, a reason for their anger, just might go some way to combating the problem.
LarsMac

Repercussions......

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1499182 wrote: Don't think the media dictate my prejudices.

Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away, awareness is being forearmed.

There has undoubtedly been an increase of terrorism from people aligning with Islam, whether it is because of cultural considerations, such as sympathy with the wrongs to fellow Muslims over many years, who knows ? Some may be weirdo Internet teen jihadists, others may be more organised groups. Recognising they might have a cause, a reason for their anger, just might go some way to combating the problem.

There has been an increase in terrorism in people aligning with Christianity, too. And with concerns for their "National Identity"

Oh! and don't forget "Closet Gay tendencies"

I agree that recognizing the feelings of being marginalized would go a long way in addressing the problems. Humans seem to have too little patience and Empathy, and too much anger, these days.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Repercussions......

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1499185 wrote: There has been an increase in terrorism in people aligning with Christianity, too. And with concerns for their "National Identity"

Gee, who knew?

LarsMac;1499185 wrote: Oh! and don't forget "Closet Gay tendencies"

Had to Google that one and I a shocked as anything Gay seems to get good press, but that is just my observation.

LarsMac;1499185 wrote: I agree that recognizing the feelings of being marginalized would go a long way in addressing the problems. Humans seem to have too little patience and Empathy, and too much anger, these days.

Or any days.
minks

Repercussions......

Post by minks »

"Humans seem to have too little patience and Empathy, and too much anger, these days. "

Lars I think you hit the nail on the head.

― Mae West
flopstock

Repercussions......

Post by flopstock »

tude dog;1499165 wrote: For us all who writes the rulebook on how news is to be reported?

Seriously? The consumer does. For all everyone complains, we start googling the moment something happens.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

FourPart

Repercussions......

Post by FourPart »

During WW2, vigilantes would string Polish Pilots who had bailed out, believing them to be Germans because they didn't speak English. They were condemned out of hand because they were of a culture that was not understood & spoke a language that was not recognisable.

Today there is a fringe group of extremists who use the banner of Islam in order to adopt power over Nation States, with little or no regard for the actual writings of Islam. They are even murdering other Muslims, yet this small fact seems to get overlooked, and the fact that they are Islamic seems to be sufficient to condemn all Muslims.

The problem is that according to Islam, all Muslims are Brothers, be they Sunni or Shia, and so they are in conflict with their own Faith. Most will openly condemn them, claiming that they are acting against the laws of Sharia, and therefore are not true Muslims. However, there are also those that are loathe to take a standpoint either way & are hedging their bets. This is not even something that is unique to Islam, as you find it in all walks of life.

Throughout History, Religion has always been the excuse for horrendous atrocities. It always has been. It still is, and I see no indication that it will ever change. It's just a Power Game. It has nothing to do with the belief in a God. It's just a case of "You will do as I say. You will pay homage to me, because God speaks through me. Therefore, I am God on Earth. I am all Powerful". Religion at its best.
Ted

Repercussions......

Post by Ted »

The US has one of the greatest incarceration rate per 100 000 and they also like long sentences. The statistics show that this is simply not working. In old Britain the greatest amount of pick pocketing took place at the public execution of pick pockets. So much for that theory. It simply does not work..
Ted

Repercussions......

Post by Ted »

One should no blame all religions for the misuse of religion for committing crimes. Religions have also had positive effects on humanity. Religion is often simply the scapegoat used by extremists. There are extremists in all religion including atheism.
minks

Repercussions......

Post by minks »

and there are extremists beyond religion too.

― Mae West
Ted

Repercussions......

Post by Ted »

absolutely
Ted

Repercussions......

Post by Ted »

Far too many folks blame God (if you so believe) for many things:: terrorism, murder, communism, fascism, Stalin, Pol Pot, This is nothing more than using the concept of the Divine as a scapegoat. It is time to place the blame where it does belong, on human nature not Satan and not God. We always seem to want to blame someone else for our ignorance.
minks

Repercussions......

Post by minks »

yes if they are not blaming "god" they are blaming the mother.... bad childhood etc.

People are messed up. Seems the concept of accountability is a lost art.

― Mae West
Ted

Repercussions......

Post by Ted »

I just love and have to laugh at "The devil made me do it." What a cop out. The "devil" was and is a myth created by the Mesopotamians and borrowed by the Hebrew. It was a myth to try to explain evil.
minks

Repercussions......

Post by minks »

a myth and a cover up, taking blame off the actual perpetrator.

I have to wonder, have we always had such problems with accountability, or is it becoming a bigger problem as time goes on? I raised my kids to be accountable for their actions because when they get out there into a job and they make a mistake, no boss is going to accept a flakey response like "it wasn't me, or the devil made me do it" you have to own your actions be they right or wrong. It's a bigger mess if you lie, and try to cast blame elsewhere.

― Mae West
Ted

Repercussions......

Post by Ted »

The Canadian court system does not encourage people to accept their own responsibility. If someone does something stupid on your property you are the one to get sued.
FourPart

Repercussions......

Post by FourPart »

I don't blame God for anything. How could I blame something I don't believe to exist. I blame those who believe a God exists & declare that everybody else must do so as well, with repercussions if they don't. This is true all the way across the Religious board.
Ted

Repercussions......

Post by Ted »

I was describing generically and not referring to any individual. Now If that is what you think that is fine with me. I don't concern myself with what others think about my belief system. Whatever will be will be.
magentaflame

Repercussions......

Post by magentaflame »

FourPart;1499507 wrote: I don't blame God for anything. How could I blame something I don't believe to exist. I blame those who believe a God exists & declare that everybody else must do so as well, with repercussions if they don't. This is true all the way across the Religious board.

Youre right ....... think about it for a minute

All religions are based on peoples fears.

An athiest doesnt give two hoots about what a religion says unless that religion is self prophersizing....eg. the end of the world..apparently will begin in the middle east, but if its not coming true theyll make it true.

A person who sees themselves as a religious person fears that they wont be saved if they reject the self prophersizing

It would be a joke if it wasnt so deeply orchastrated over many centuries of empires colonizing the planet. For any ruler religion is the first weapon of compliance.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Ted

Repercussions......

Post by Ted »

The atheists have their own religious faith.
Momus

Repercussions......

Post by Momus »

Bruv;1499143 wrote: Whatever the reasons, and they are complicated, there is fear afoot throughout Europe.

In the UK there is a rise in what is euphemistically called 'Hate crime' following brexit.

Throughout Europe mainly France and Germany blood is being spilled almost daily in yet more atrocities. There is a rise in sex assaults and rapes across the continent............most of these problems are laid at the feet of Islam.

Today a French church has been targeted with at least one death.

So.......what's the answer ?

Most of the so called reports of racist incidents in the UK following Brexit are not substantiated. In 2013, identical claims were made following the murder of Lee Rigby. Figures were taken from a group, Tell Mama, an organization set up to monitor racist incidents and encourage Muslims to report acts of racism. Following the death of Rigby, an investigation into Tell Mama, reported that 57 % of those incidents reported were in fact online comments deemed offensive. In other words, people's opinions. Another 16 % were comments that were made oversea's. This led to the organization losing it's government funding after police became concerned of the distortion of facts.

Once again, Tell Mama are reporting the so called incidents following Brexit. Once again, it involves online comments.

Fiyaz Mughal, the founder of Tell Mama now reports his alleged incidents through his new organization Faith Matters following the withdrawal of funding for Tell Mama. Mughal being someone with a history of stirring up anti Islamic relations in the UK. That's by the by. The notion that citizens awoke the morning after Bexit to take to the streets to insult ethnics when they could have insulted them any day of the year prior, is propaganda at it's worst.

One example of such called racist incidents was a protest in Newcastle post Brexit where a banner was displayed stating Stop immigration and start repatriation. It may well be deemed offensive, but Faith Matters failed to report that the group has been flying this same banner in protests prior to Brexit. Northumbria police which includes Newcastle went on to confirm that no incidents post Brexit had been reported to them. The evidence will come at a later date, when an assessment of exactly how many prosecutions followed the claims of alleged incidents. I suspect, few when the history of Fiyaz Mughal reporting has always been questionable.

Pre, during and post Brexit brought out the worst in the public and there was none worse than the vitriol directed at the elderly. If every single banner and online comment was equally recorded as a hate crime, it would keep police busy for years. It also included reports of verbal abuse at the elderly at polling stations where it was reported that elderly came under a barrage of abuse by the younger generation, brainwashed that the older generation leave vote had denied them their future. One banner confiscated by police at a remain rally, sported the words, old white people should die. Only, you won't be seeing Fiyaz Mughal reporting that one.
FourPart

Repercussions......

Post by FourPart »

There is no doubt that there has been a dramatic rise in reported incidents. However, that is exactly what it is - REPORTED incidents. I imagine that so far the incidents have always been there, it's only now that they are starting to be reported. It's a bit like Operation Yewtree. Only then did the whole seedy truth start to emerge. Just because it hadn't previously been reported didn't mean that it never happened. Likewise, it is also known for there to have been an increase in false claims for one reason or another, be they for hopes of compensation, monetary gain (from lawsuits or media), or plain vindictiveness. This does not mean that all claims are unsubstantiated, but in all situations, there are going to be a certain proportion that are.
Momus

Repercussions......

Post by Momus »

FourPart;1499728 wrote: There is no doubt that there has been a dramatic rise in reported incidents. However, that is exactly what it is - REPORTED incidents. I imagine that so far the incidents have always been there, it's only now that they are starting to be reported. It's a bit like Operation Yewtree. Only then did the whole seedy truth start to emerge. Just because it hadn't previously been reported didn't mean that it never happened. Likewise, it is also known for there to have been an increase in false claims for one reason or another, be they for hopes of compensation, monetary gain (from lawsuits or media), or plain vindictiveness. This does not mean that all claims are unsubstantiated, but in all situations, there are going to be a certain proportion that are.

Where is your evidence that only now they are being reported? That's your assumption and there is no basis for that statement whatsoever. The UK is a cultural melting pot of many races and cultures, so are you including the known inter racial conflict in the UK in your assumption, or are you only looking at white on ethnic abuse? While you assume racial incidents are only now being reported since Brexit, there has been hard evidence, recorded evidence of a rise in Muslim on Jewish, Muslim on Kurd, Muslim fighting with Roma, Muslim and West African conflict and Shea and Sunni conflict in the UK. Or do you believe racism only affects ethnic minorities and not white British? You say you imagine the incidents have been there but only now are being reported. Many real victims in Yewtree did not come forward for decades for fear of not being believed over a national, famous figure. To equate that to your average person being abused by another race in the street, or being offended by an online comment following an IS atrocity, is worlds apart.

As for the seedy truth of Yewtree emerging, it's true, some guilty were finally punished for their crimes, but along with them, an awful lot of innocents such as Freddie Star had their lives ruined by the the mindset that if one was guilty, then they must all be guilty. Which in turn is exactly what you are assuming about the alleged rise in racist incidents. There will always be the desperate inventing crimes who jump on the bandwagon for the attention.
FourPart

Repercussions......

Post by FourPart »

Momus;1499742 wrote: As for the seedy truth of Yewtree emerging, it's true, some guilty were finally punished for their crimes, but along with them, an awful lot of innocents such as Freddie Star had their lives ruined by the the mindset that if one was guilty, then they must all be guilty. Which in turn is exactly what you are assuming about the alleged rise in racist incidents. There will always be the desperate inventing crimes who jump on the bandwagon for the attention.

That is exactly my point. Just because they were not reported does not mean that they weren't happening. The same is true of racial attacks. And as for your assumption that I only consider Racism by the colour of someone's skin, you couldn't be more wrong. The growing racist attacks on Muslims, while not justifiable is, at least, understandable, what with the current atrocities of ISIS. People see Islamic Terrorism & automatically assume each & every Muslim is a potential terrorist - especially with the growing number of U.K. born Jihadists going out to join them. That is what terrorism does. That's how it works - through ignorance, mistrust & fear.
Momus

Repercussions......

Post by Momus »

FourPart;1499746 wrote: That is exactly my point. Just because they were not reported does not mean that they weren't happening. The same is true of racial attacks. And as for your assumption that I only consider Racism by the colour of someone's skin, you couldn't be more wrong. The growing racist attacks on Muslims, while not justifiable is, at least, understandable, what with the current atrocities of ISIS. People see Islamic Terrorism & automatically assume each & every Muslim is a potential terrorist - especially with the growing number of U.K. born Jihadists going out to join them. That is what terrorism does. That's how it works - through ignorance, mistrust & fear.

Does it not occur to you that it's highly suspicious when alleged racist incidents spike following any life changing moment that involves immigration such as Lee Rigby and Brexit? As for classifying these incidents as attacks, that is misrepresentation and intransigent, purposive media speak designed to generalize every report, should they exist, despite police stating in 2013 the bulk were online comments, some oversea's and it's highly likely they are again. The deliberate misuse of terms from what police describe as incidents, to attacks, shows a desire to manipulate for one's own personal agenda. Attacks conjure images of physical violence or some form of abuse against a person and should that be true, police would already be releasing details of many who are about to be charged or appear in court. Many examples of which you describe as attacks have already come to light, such as graffiti on a brick wall stating, Poles go home, or a sign in a back of a van, stating the same. Travel round any city and you would find the exact same slogans long before Brexit. The desire to demonize the British race as wholly racist as a nation is nothing more than salacious exaggeration whipped up by left wing media to sell tabloids and instill a sense of guilt within those who dared vote leave, under the false assumption that their vote was because they object to foreigners while most voted leave due to the cost of belonging to the EU and the restrictions.

By stating the attacks on Muslims is justifiable, ( again, mainly online comments ) is also misguided and what you are suggesting, is that the British are too stupid to understand that British Muslims are poles apart from Syrian Islamic State terrorists. The British objected to Merkel's open door policy into the EU because The Lebanon and Jordan were taking the bulk of displaced Syrian refugee's and it was well documented that those arriving were from North Africa and Asia along with warnings from the military that IS operatives would be coming in with them. Atrocities such as Paris and Nice were a foregone conclusion in a continent with freedom of movement with open borders. That has absolutely nothing to do with British Muslims already here and to suggest the public is too stupid to understand that, is to fuel the divide further.
FourPart

Repercussions......

Post by FourPart »

Momus;1499766 wrote: Does it not occur to you that it's highly suspicious when alleged racist incidents spike following any life changing moment that involves immigration such as Lee Rigby and Brexit? As for classifying these incidents as attacks, that is misrepresentation and intransigent, purposive media speak designed to generalize every report, should they exist, despite police stating in 2013 the bulk were online comments, some oversea's and it's highly likely they are again. The deliberate misuse of terms from what police describe as incidents, to attacks, shows a desire to manipulate for one's own personal agenda. Attacks conjure images of physical violence or some form of abuse against a person and should that be true, police would already be releasing details of many who are about to be charged or appear in court. Many examples of which you describe as attacks have already come to light, such as graffiti on a brick wall stating, Poles go home, or a sign in a back of a van, stating the same. Travel round any city and you would find the exact same slogans long before Brexit. The desire to demonize the British race as wholly racist as a nation is nothing more than salacious exaggeration whipped up by left wing media to sell tabloids and instill a sense of guilt within those who dared vote leave, under the false assumption that their vote was because they object to foreigners while most voted leave due to the cost of belonging to the EU and the restrictions.

By stating the attacks on Muslims is justifiable, ( again, mainly online comments ) is also misguided and what you are suggesting, is that the British are too stupid to understand that British Muslims are poles apart from Syrian Islamic State terrorists. The British objected to Merkel's open door policy into the EU because The Lebanon and Jordan were taking the bulk of displaced Syrian refugee's and it was well documented that those arriving were from North Africa and Asia along with warnings from the military that IS operatives would be coming in with them. Atrocities such as Paris and Nice were a foregone conclusion in a continent with freedom of movement with open borders. That has absolutely nothing to do with British Muslims already here and to suggest the public is too stupid to understand that, is to fuel the divide further.
If you read my post you will see that I said they were NOT justifiable, but understandable. They are 2 totally different concepts. Justifiable is an excuse. Understandable means that you can see why something comes about, no matter how odious you may find it.

As for reporting of incidents, that is still another matter. After all, can any of us trust what we're fed by the media which is, after all, our primary source of such information? There is no shortage of examples of biased reporting across the board - on all sides. Some will blame it on Brexit, but there is the other view - the result of Brexit is more likely to have come about from the growing Racial tensions. The recent influx of Muslim 'refugees' also fuelled the fire, coupled with the International Terrorist attacks, and the frequent discoveries of 'refugees' with connections to ISIS. The Racist attacks are inevitable. Brexit is incidental. Brexit is the effect, not the cause.
Bruv

Repercussions......

Post by Bruv »

How do we explain the knife/axe attacks in London Germany, the lorry in Nice, the rise in sex assaults through out Europe ?

Why has my local mosque recently put gates across their car park entrance and mesh screens across it's windows ?
Momus

Repercussions......

Post by Momus »

Bruv;1499777 wrote: How do we explain the knife/axe attacks in London Germany, the lorry in Nice, the rise in sex assaults through out Europe ?

Why has my local mosque recently put gates across their car park entrance and mesh screens across it's windows ?

The atrocities in Germany and Nice are lone wolf attacks. It's assumed that when it comes to radicalization, the radicalized have spent months in mosques, digested the entire Quran, sworn their allegiance to the Holy Jihad and been schooled by terror chiefs, similar to indoctrination into religious cults in the US. Radicalization can take place swiftly, online. Usually, by displaced, vulnerable individuals who are open to suggestion. Once on a radical site, their vulnerability makes them easy prey for lone wolf attackers. Often, they will have no other connection to a terrorist organization other than recent online interaction.

Your local mosque is taking precautions due to criminal media whipping up fear of reprisals when the chances are very unlikely. In Europe, Mosques are being torched especially in Germany but the far right is far more prevalent and fear is greater due to atrocities there. Until such a large scale loss of life at the hands of the Islamic State occurs here, there is very little to be concerned about. That of course can change should a major atrocity take place in the future, but right now, it is the media whipping up the fear to sell their wretched rags.
Bruv

Repercussions......

Post by Bruv »

The police reported rise in sex assaults is no figment of anyones wild imagination. There has been a playing down of the facts surrounding the German New year celebrations assaults. This report is supposedly to allay the fears of the population by stating "Majority of suspects are of Algerian, Tunisian or Moroccan descent and none had recently arrived in Germany" as if that will help. The recent UK trials of Asian dominated 'sex rings' hasn't helped.

My local mosque had it's windows broken several times before the mesh and gates were fitted, I pass the place 5 days a week.

There are problems that must be addressed, the majority of the population are not racist but have reservations about drastic changes to their neighbourhoods.
AnneBoleyn

Repercussions......

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Momus;1499783 wrote: It's assumed that when it comes to radicalization, the radicalized have spent months in mosques, digested the entire Quran, sworn their allegiance to the Holy Jihad and been schooled by terror chiefs, similar to indoctrination into religious cults in the US.

Unless you can give an example, I say there is absolutely no similarity to indoctrination into religious cults in the US. Prove it please.
Momus

Repercussions......

Post by Momus »

Bruv;1499785 wrote: The police reported rise in sex assaults is no figment of anyones wild imagination. There has been a playing down of the facts surrounding the German New year celebrations assaults. This report is supposedly to allay the fears of the population by stating "Majority of suspects are of Algerian, Tunisian or Moroccan descent and none had recently arrived in Germany" as if that will help. The recent UK trials of Asian dominated 'sex rings' hasn't helped.

My local mosque had it's windows broken several times before the mesh and gates were fitted, I pass the place 5 days a week.

There are problems that must be addressed, the majority of the population are not racist but have reservations about drastic changes to their neighbourhoods.

The Cologne sex attacks were played down, i believe for a variety of reasons. One, there were rumblings of a UK referendum on leaving the EU. To publish the full extent of the attacks, could have swayed the leave voters. Another reason, i am sure, was simple humiliation. Merkel was warned and the very fact that new years eve's rampage took place, endorsed all those warnings. Another reason, the far right in Germany was already on the rise as it was in other EU member states. The true extent of the attacks could have led to far right attacks on migrants, which it has anyway in Germany. Migrant crime rose by 40 % following Merkel opening the doors but it took a leaked police report to show the true extent. Migrant crime has also risen in the UK. While many use the rise in migrant crime to show migration has failed, it's actually predictable. Not because all migrants are criminals or rapists but simply by the numbers coming in, ie, 1.1 million into Europe. Exactly the same as a proportion of British are going to be criminals, likewise, a proportion of 1.1 million migrants are going to be criminals. Every new intake of immigrants is going to push the percentage up, time and time again.

I think that much of the incidents seen, such as your mosque, which thankfully are few and far between, come from resentment and frustration when the public are duped by governments and politicians by playing down bad news and fail to recognize large scale problems such as the sex rings. Since Rotherham, there's been barely any mention of it in the media, but it is still going on in other cities. That makes it appear to the public that politicians are more concerned with refugee's than their own children being raped.

When it comes to changes in neighbourhoods, it's not so obvious to the younger generation as they are born into a multi cultural society and accept it as the norm. The older generation see rapid changes to the demographics of their neighbourhood and feel alienated.
Bruv

Repercussions......

Post by Bruv »

Momus;1499790 wrote: The Cologne sex attacks were played down, I believe for a variety of reasons. One, there were rumblings of a UK referendum on leaving the EU. To publish the full extent of the attacks, could have swayed the leave voters.

You speak so authoritatively, but then come out with that sort of comment..................my eyes just glazed over.....sorry.
Momus

Repercussions......

Post by Momus »

Bruv;1499802 wrote: You speak so authoritatively, but then come out with that sort of comment..................my eyes just glazed over.....sorry.

Then pray tell, why do you think the new years eve migrant rampage was played down ?

Return to “General Chit Chat”