PCOS and heredity

Issues relating specifically to women's health.
Katya

PCOS and heredity

Post by Katya »

Hi, everybody! I am a mother of the awesome 3-year-old girl. At present, my husband and I are trying to conceive the second child. When my daughter was one year old, her breast started to grow. The doctors diagnosed her with early sexual development. When I got pregnant and the ultrasound checkup revealed that I will have a daughter, my gynecologist warned me that it's a great possibility that my daughter will inherit PCOS. The gynecologist who treats my daughter also proved this idea. My hubby and I nearly dream about our second child. If you are able to conceive a boy, everything will be ok. But what will we do if it's a girl? I have already consulted some doctor (geneticists), they advise me IVF with PGD or even egg donation. Has anyone here faced the problems of bad heredity? If, yes, could you please share your experience with me?
Emily Emily

PCOS and heredity

Post by Emily Emily »

Hi, Katya. It’s the first time I hear about such problem. I was diagnosed with my PCOS when I was 13 years old. I didn’t have regular menstruation. In addition, my legs and even my breast were covered with hair. I was very slim, even skinny. Though the treatment didn’t work well, I managed to get pregnant and give birth to my two lovely sons. My first pregnancy was rather complicated. I spent quite a lot of time in the hospitals, and my son was born a little bit earlier. However, my second pregnancy lasted without any complications, and I delivered my second son exactly on time.

As the result, my first son did have a number of problems with his health, but my second one is totally healthy.

I think you should consult as many doctors as you can before making any decision. Maybe, it’s quite possible that you will give a birth to a totally healthy child.
Bruv

PCOS and heredity

Post by Bruv »

Amazing.....................two newbies meeting up on their first day on the forum.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Katya

PCOS and heredity

Post by Katya »

I have already consulted a geneticist and gave my blood for a blood test. As far as I know, medical science doesn't know the main reason why women suffer from PCOS. It may be nearly everything: infection, heredity, mum's complicated pregnancy and etc. Bad heredity may also be the reason of this illness. Frankly speaking, I have some cases of women’s diseases in my family. Both of my cousins had cystoma surgeries and their ovaries were extracted. My aunt suffers from infertility. She has adopted two children. My mum had three miscarriages before I was born. In addition, I am a late child. She gave birth to me in her late 30ths. When I was carrying my daughter, I didn't have any problems with my pregnancy, but again my daughter was born with this health deffect.
Patsy Warnick

PCOS and heredity

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Kayta & Emily Emily

I have never heard of PCOS & the best to you both.

welcome to FG

Patsy
Emily Emily

PCOS and heredity

Post by Emily Emily »

Maybe, the reason of your troubles is your bad heredity, but you shouldn't rush with your decisions. Firstly, wait to your blood test results. Secondly, you may give birth to a boy. As far as I know, boys don't suffer from PCOS. Thirdly, I would strongly recommend you to get know more about your health consition before doing anything. I have already written in my first message that my first son was born very weak. Even now when he is 14, he doesn't look healthy. However, my second son is full of energy. He so lively, that sometimes it seems to me that he has a battery with immense amount of energy somewhere in his body.
AnneBoleyn

PCOS and heredity

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1499003 wrote: Amazing.....................two newbies meeting up on their first day on the forum.

& in the same time zone too.
FourPart

PCOS and heredity

Post by FourPart »

I wonder why I get the feeling that the subject of Dr Azuba & his miraculous clinic will be popping up?

Return to “Women's Health”