Cycling Accomplishments

For discussions of anything relating to cycling
minks

Cycling Accomplishments

Post by minks »

I am not an avid cycler but am always proud of my accomplishments when I actually cycle more than once around my block.

Friday I cycled 30 kilometers, it was well broken up with a couple food and drink stops along the way. I cycled with some avid long distance cyclists who have the light bikes with skinny tires. They just coast along. But there was me on my old 10 year old Marin mountain bike pedalling that beast the whole way. It was a great work out.

The real accomplishment is the fact I got on my bike at all.

Last August while riding some off road trails I crashed my bike and fractured my hip and a few ribs and was laid up for a good long time.

Next step, hit the trails.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Snowfire

Cycling Accomplishments

Post by Snowfire »

I'm impressed. I sold my bike a few months ago. It wasn't getting the use it should. My build is better suited to walking than teetering on two wheels.

And that saddle......
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bryn Mawr

Cycling Accomplishments

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Minks revisited;1498208 wrote: I am not an avid cycler but am always proud of my accomplishments when I actually cycle more than once around my block.

Friday I cycled 30 kilometers, it was well broken up with a couple food and drink stops along the way. I cycled with some avid long distance cyclists who have the light bikes with skinny tires. They just coast along. But there was me on my old 10 year old Marin mountain bike pedalling that beast the whole way. It was a great work out.

The real accomplishment is the fact I got on my bike at all.

Last August while riding some off road trails I crashed my bike and fractured my hip and a few ribs and was laid up for a good long time.

Next step, hit the trails.

Ouch and very ouch - I hope it's all healed up OK?

I've been out for a few twenty mile rides recently and just had the gearing changed from 48/38/28 front chainring to a 52/39. It gives me an extra gear up top whilst loosing a couple or three that I never used at all.
minks

Cycling Accomplishments

Post by minks »

I do enjoy both, walking and cycling. Last year was our first experiences with the mountain biking and it was quit the thrill I must say ;)

I am fully recovered physically... mentally I feel I will be a bit uncertain, but I have lost my cycle partner for the year...

In February dear husband fell at work and tore and fractured his knee, has had 2 surgeries and he is out of commission until October. By then it's snow shoe weather lol.

Bryn well done on the bicycle trips too. So good for the heart and soul.

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr

Cycling Accomplishments

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Minks revisited;1498239 wrote: I do enjoy both, walking and cycling. Last year was our first experiences with the mountain biking and it was quit the thrill I must say ;)

I am fully recovered physically... mentally I feel I will be a bit uncertain, but I have lost my cycle partner for the year...

In February dear husband fell at work and tore and fractured his knee, has had 2 surgeries and he is out of commission until October. By then it's snow shoe weather lol.

Bryn well done on the bicycle trips too. So good for the heart and soul.

It's nice to hear that your husband is willing to follow you in all that you do :-)

I hope that he also makes a full recovery.
minks

Cycling Accomplishments

Post by minks »

LOL Bryn, he and I sound like broken down fossils. Last year I killed our summer this year he has.

We have not even been able to ride the motor bike.

I have to say after my spill on my bicycle I am not longer interested in cycling alone, before it was never a fear, now I feel I have lost my bravery. We really wanted to get out to the mountains and cycle some of the beautiful pathways out Kananaskis, Canmore and Banff way. Well with luck I hope next year both of us are healthy and we can pursue this again.

― Mae West

Return to “Cycling and Cyclists”