Returning Oldie

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
minks

Returning Oldie

Post by minks »

Hello,

Yes it is me the original Minks from a way back, returning from my long hiatus.

I wish I could say I was off doing crazy exciting things like hiking the amazon, running with the bulls, base jumping, surfing with great whites you know that kind of fun... but not so. I have just been off living the happily ever after life. :)

I hope to catch up with the old friends, and make some new friends.

Cheers

Minks revisited, reinvented, revised, reincarnated.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
LarsMac

Returning Oldie

Post by LarsMac »

Welcome back
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Returning Oldie

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Minks revisited;1497062 wrote: Hello,

I wish I could say I was off doing crazy exciting things like hiking the amazon, running with the bulls, base jumping, surfing with great whites you know that kind of fun... but not so. I have just been off living the happily ever after life. :)

Cheers

Hay, it's my very favourite Minks - well, the one and only Minks to be exact.

Welcome back :-6
Snowfire

Returning Oldie

Post by Snowfire »

It's Minks. She of the pink cowboy hat. Welcome back:-6

Attached files
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
minks

Returning Oldie

Post by minks »

hugs to ya old friend.

Thanks for the welcome :)

― Mae West
minks

Returning Oldie

Post by minks »

AHHHHH Me hat, my tell tale hat, the only way anyone could find me in Heathrow Airport. Ahhh the memories. I get a lot of mileage telling people of that trek.

Thanks for revisiting the pink hat.

Who has that anyways?

― Mae West
Bruv

Returning Oldie

Post by Bruv »

Welcome back.Don't think I have had the pleasure, I have only been here since 2007.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Patsy Warnick

Returning Oldie

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I remember the name - welcome back

I hope life didn't send you too much of a curve ball & all is good now.

good to see you

Patsy
Betty Boop

Returning Oldie

Post by Betty Boop »

Wow, it's Minks!! Great to see you back, I immediately pictured that pink cowboy hat when I saw your name :wah:

We missed our ten year anniversary re-meet!!
minks

Returning Oldie

Post by minks »

Thanks Bruv. I am an oldie from way back FG days :)

Patsy thanks so much, life has had it's ups and downs, but we prevailed and it's pretty good now.

Betty!!! Huggs to you old friend, oh do share about the anniversary, who was there where was it, how was it. Oh I am saddened I missed out. I bet it was a blast.

Awe it's good to be back, again. It feel comfortable. :)

― Mae West
Betty Boop

Returning Oldie

Post by Betty Boop »

Minks revisited;1497086 wrote: Thanks Bruv. I am an oldie from way back FG days :)

Patsy thanks so much, life has had it's ups and downs, but we prevailed and it's pretty good now.

Betty!!! Huggs to you old friend, oh do share about the anniversary, who was there where was it, how was it. Oh I am saddened I missed out. I bet it was a blast.

Awe it's good to be back, again. It feel comfortable. :)

no lol 'we' all missed it :wah: we should have been more on the ball and organised something earlier this year, it was 2006 the original??

Hugs to you too!! I'm still in need of a cowboy should you know of one going spare :wah:
minks

Returning Oldie

Post by minks »

awe darn Betty, still no luck on the cowboy front huh :(

Hey maybe we can have some kind of obscure year reunion like our 18th or something. :)

― Mae West
YZGI

Returning Oldie

Post by YZGI »

Hey Minks!! You finally made parole, or did ya break out of that Canadian Prison..HA ha,,
Snowfire

Returning Oldie

Post by Snowfire »

Minks revisited;1497072 wrote: AHHHHH Me hat, my tell tale hat, the only way anyone could find me in Heathrow Airport. Ahhh the memories. I get a lot of mileage telling people of that trek.

Thanks for revisiting the pink hat.

Who has that anyways?

So one of us from 2006 has it ?

My money's on spot. I seem to remember it suited him more than it did the rest of us

Winston Churchill
minks

Returning Oldie

Post by minks »

LOL Y'S I still reside in Canada, they just have me on that special "watch" list lol

good to see you

― Mae West
minks

Returning Oldie

Post by minks »

Snow, I have to wonder if one googled "pink cowboy hat in London", if we would actually see a pic of Spot sporting such finery lol.

Seem's like a good reason to call for a reunion, just to get the pink hat back lol.

― Mae West
Snowfire

Returning Oldie

Post by Snowfire »

Minks revisited;1497105 wrote: Snow, I have to wonder if one googled "pink cowboy hat in London", if we would actually see a pic of Spot sporting such finery lol.

Seem's like a good reason to call for a reunion, just to get the pink hat back lol.

I have heard he's not had it off his head in ten years. He has stopped interjecting his posts with "yeehaa" now though

Winston Churchill
minks

Returning Oldie

Post by minks »

I certainly hope he's not going around on an imaginary hobby horse slapping his thigh yelling giddy yup

― Mae West
Saint_

Returning Oldie

Post by Saint_ »

Minks revisited;1497062 wrote: Hello,

Cheers

YAY MINKSY!!! It's great to see you again! You were gone but not forgotten. Glad to hear that things are going well for you!
YZGI

Returning Oldie

Post by YZGI »

Minks revisited;1497110 wrote: I certainly hope he's not going around on an imaginary hobby horse slapping his thigh yelling giddy yup

I think his giddyupping days are over, he may still yee haw now and again.
spot

Returning Oldie

Post by spot »

The last I saw of the pink hat it had just rolled out of frame here. That's Minksy partying hard after visiting The Tower.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
minks

Returning Oldie

Post by minks »

LOL OH SPOT. so good to see/speak with you again.

Well darn that elusive pink hat. I wonder if Chris took it home... hmmmmmm

Gosh after that trek across to pond to meet you all, that is exactly how I felt once I got home. One of my most favorite adventures ever in my life.

― Mae West
G#Gill

Returning Oldie

Post by G#Gill »

Hi Minks ! Welcome back ! I do know you from way back (I joined in 2007), although we didn't make too much contact over the years. Our circles didn't seem to cross paths very often. I remember seeing photos of the London 'meet' where spot seemed to be pulled out of the place organising, meeting up and making sure everybody came together OK. I was sad to have not been a part of all that - I think the 'meet' happened the year before I joined. It did look like good fun for you all. If I remember rightly, most of the people at that 'meet' have left FG, which is sad. There is, of course, spot and Snowfire, and Betty Boop are still here, but off the top of my head I can't remember all the names from that far back ! It would be nice to have another 'meet' sometime, and maybe I could get to it if it wasn't too far to travel. It's good to be able to put a face to a name ! :yh_hugs :yh_clap :yh_party

I seem to remember several of us making audio recordings of our voices and posting them online on a specific thread (I wonder if that thread can be found in the archives ). We only got about 20 seconds, but that was very interesting hearing all the different voices and accents ! I remember there were some very dishy sounding fellas, and I believe you made a recording with 'Tinks' ? I may have got the name a bit wrong though.

Anyway, welcome back Minks, it's good that 'original' members return !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Returning Oldie

Post by G#Gill »

I've tried to access 'Archives' myself but have to put a password in to login. My password is not accepted, so perhaps Bryn or spot could have a look for me to see if that old audio thread is still around. Or perhaps there is an independent password for access like there is for the 'Compost Pile' thread.
Snowfire

Returning Oldie

Post by Snowfire »

spot;1497124 wrote: The last I saw of the pink hat it had just rolled out of frame here. That's Minksy partying hard after visiting The Tower.

She's passed out because your sitting on her chest

Winston Churchill
Bryn Mawr

Returning Oldie

Post by Bryn Mawr »

G#Gill;1497138 wrote: I've tried to access 'Archives' myself but have to put a password in to login. My password is not accepted, so perhaps Bryn or spot could have a look for me to see if that old audio thread is still around. Or perhaps there is an independent password for access like there is for the 'Compost Pile' thread.

It shouldn't be archived.

I've found the second one from 2008 :-

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... dings.html

I cannot, yet, see the original from 2006
Bryn Mawr

Returning Oldie

Post by Bryn Mawr »

minks

Returning Oldie

Post by minks »

LOL SNOW! you are a bad man but then again..... hehehehehe

― Mae West
minks

Returning Oldie

Post by minks »

Awe Gill that's a lovely welcome back.

Yes people come and go out of our lives don't they.

The infamous London gathering was indeed amazing. And yes I am not surprised that people have left the forum, it's just the progression of life isn't it.

A big shout out to those who met in London, Forgive me if I have forgot someone, it happens way to often these days.

Rapunzal and family, young Chris, Bez, Weeder, Thea, Raven and her husband Voodoo, Openmind, Snow, Betty, Spot, and the mystery person who long long ago I think if memory serves me right didn't really care to be acknowledged that he caught up with us in London, after a few member's had gone home...you sir know who I am speaking of.

― Mae West
flopstock

Returning Oldie

Post by flopstock »

Hey minks :)
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

G#Gill

Returning Oldie

Post by G#Gill »

Bryn why is it that on the 2006 thread I have blank posts (except for any typed sentences) where presumably there should be a link for the recorded voice ? I cannot hear anything except on Uncle Kram's posts ! I felt so disappointed. The later thread seemed OK though.

Thanks for finding these threads, they are really very interesting. We'll have to bring things up to date and have voice recordings of present members ! What do you think ?
spot

Returning Oldie

Post by spot »

Snowfire;1497139 wrote: She's passed out because your sitting on her chest

That was the tequila, not me.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Returning Oldie

Post by Betty Boop »

Minks revisited;1497146 wrote: Awe Gill that's a lovely welcome back.

Yes people come and go out of our lives don't they.

The infamous London gathering was indeed amazing. And yes I am not surprised that people have left the forum, it's just the progression of life isn't it.

A big shout out to those who met in London, Forgive me if I have forgot someone, it happens way to often these days.

Rapunzal and family, young Chris, Bez, Weeder, Thea, Raven and her husband Voodoo, Openmind, Snow, Betty, Spot, and the mystery person who long long ago I think if memory serves me right didn't really care to be acknowledged that he caught up with us in London, after a few member's had gone home...you sir know who I am speaking of.

Did Weeder bring your pink hat back to Cornwall with her? I'm trying to remember :thinking: Think she's popped in from time to time here over the years but certainly not recently.

Theia's still about although not here much nowadays we still catch up in person when we can.

Hope you are staying for a while Minks it's so good to see you back :guitarist
Snowfire

Returning Oldie

Post by Snowfire »

Betty Boop;1497213 wrote: Did Weeder bring your pink hat back to Cornwall with her? I'm trying to remember :thinking: Think she's popped in from time to time here over the years but certainly not recently.

Theia's still about although not here much nowadays we still catch up in person when we can.

Hope you are staying for a while Minks it's so good to see you back :guitarist

It's been taken hostage and will only be released at future FG meet up.

So lets arrange something ...or the hat gets it.

Winston Churchill
Betty Boop

Returning Oldie

Post by Betty Boop »

Snowfire;1497218 wrote: It's been taken hostage and will only be released at future FG meet up.

So lets arrange something ...or the hat gets it.

Blimey we'd better organise something quick, the poor thing is no doubt by now suffering with Stockholm Syndrome!!

Someone start by picking a year
minks

Returning Oldie

Post by minks »

Floppy OMG it's been ages and ages, so good to see you here too :) Awe I am glad there are so many of us oldsters till here or returned.

― Mae West
minks

Returning Oldie

Post by minks »

I am well Betty, life has been good for me lots of changes. I will just hit the highlights.

I finally married again to a great man love of my life. We married 2 years ago. Was kind of like a shot gun wedding lol no we were not pregnant, my momma had another bout of Breast Cancer (ugh round 2) so we pushed our wedding in before she had to get her treatments and was too worn out. Good news Mom is doing excellent.

Um daughter number 1 is expecting baby number 5 any day now.

Jr Minks still lives with us, she has her guy moved in too, they are pretty good roominess, they marry this coming September.

Daughter number 1 marries next July.

And I have a new job, and its pretty good.

We are in a helluva recession in our province and everyone is holding on to jobs for dear life.

My husband Darren is off on disability, he has had 2 major knee surgeries and is doing well with his recovery, hopes to go back to work in October.

And that's the down and dirty bits of my last few years.

As for a FG gathering, how about 2020 it has a cool ring to it.????

― Mae West

Return to “Introductions”