Kalki

ZAP

Kalki

Post by ZAP »

I've found a new subject to interest me, thanks to Spot in another thread: Kalki. I noted that Kalki is the destroyer of ignorance among other things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalki
spot

Kalki

Post by spot »

Gore Vidal also wrote a wonderful novel with that title, which I very much enjoyed reading. It's about a death cult that actually catches on, or the state of American society, or both, depending on what you see in it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
ZAP

Kalki

Post by ZAP »

Very interesting! You must have a fantastic memory. I will put that on my list of books to read and/or ignorance to be destroyed.
Mark Aspam

Kalki

Post by Mark Aspam »

Love their casual trousers too.
spot

Kalki

Post by spot »

They have the climate for it. Trousers like that round these parts would result in severe piles.

Well, I say that but thinking about it, adequate long johns as an underlayer should fix most problems. Next time I'm in town I'll pick up a pair of each and experiment.

eta: these, by the look of them - just the thing for getting to the local shops of a morning

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
FourPart

Kalki

Post by FourPart »

There's always this trendsetter for Summer Fashion...

Mens Crochet Thong for Beach Pool or Lounge Custom Made in Any Color | eBay
spot

Kalki

Post by spot »

FourPart;1477972 wrote: There's always this trendsetter for Summer Fashion...
That - and I speak with quiet certainty - would leave much exposed which would be better hid.
ZAP

Kalki

Post by ZAP »

FourPart;1477972 wrote: There's always this trendsetter for Summer Fashion...

Mens Crochet Thong for Beach Pool or Lounge Custom Made in Any Color | eBay

Impressive!
ZAP

Kalki

Post by ZAP »

spot;1477963 wrote: They have the climate for it. Trousers like that round these parts would result in severe piles.

Well, I say that but thinking about it, adequate long johns as an underlayer should fix most problems. Next time I'm in town I'll pick up a pair of each and experiment.

eta: these, by the look of them - just the thing for getting to the local shops of a morning

Love those pants!
G#Gill

Kalki

Post by G#Gill »

ZAP;1477974 wrote: Impressive!

ZAP !!!! Down girl ! Now you know perfectly well that that sort of thing can severely damage a woman's health................................... on many levels :yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
ZAP

Kalki

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1477976 wrote: ZAC !!!! Down girl ! Now you know perfectly well that that sort of thing can severely damage a woman's health................................... on many levels :yh_rotfl

" . . .on many levels." :-3 :-4
FourPart

Kalki

Post by FourPart »

Personally I reckon I could knit a better one than that.
spot

Kalki

Post by spot »

FourPart;1477978 wrote: Personally I reckon I could knit a better one than that.

If it's for me, acquire extra wool and model it around the largest prize leek in the local show.
ZAP

Kalki

Post by ZAP »

spot;1477981 wrote: If it's for me, acquire extra wool and model it around the largest prize leek in the local show.

Whoa!!! That evokes several responses. All I can say is . . . .:yh_worshp
FourPart

Kalki

Post by FourPart »

spot;1477981 wrote: If it's for me, acquire extra wool and model it around the largest prize leek in the local show.
Ah, so you want a Medium then?
ZAP

Kalki

Post by ZAP »

I'm not sure but you guys might be invoking the wrathful Kalki.
G#Gill

Kalki

Post by G#Gill »

That is a distinct possibility, Zap ! I can see that the thread is rapidly sinking to a fairly low level. Not sure whether spot is bragging or apologising though :lips:
spot

Kalki

Post by spot »

spot has been put in his place and is keeping quiet.
ZAP

Kalki

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1477995 wrote: That is a distinct possibility, Zap ! I can see that the thread is rapidly sinking to a fairly low level. Not sure whether spot is bragging or apologising though :lips:

Yes, Gill, and the thread started out with such lofty ideals. :-6 I'm still searching for some women mixed in there and all I've been able to find so far is a mention of a possible consort for Kalki; Padma or Lakshmi, who lives in Lion City and that maybe they're going to rule in Shambhala. Now Lakshmi has all sorts of wonderful qualities, like dharma and karma. I wonder if she knows how to knit?

No offense is intended by this frivolity.
G#Gill

Kalki

Post by G#Gill »

ZAP;1478003 wrote: Yes, Gill, and the thread started out with such lofty ideals. :-6 I'm still searching for some women mixed in there and all I've been able to find so far is a mention of a possible consort for Kalki; Padma or Lakshmi, who lives in Lion City and that maybe they're going to rule in Shambhala. Now Lakshmi has all sorts of wonderful qualities, like dharma and karma. I wonder if she knows how to knit?

No offense is intended by this frivolity.

As far as I am concerned, no offence has been taken ! :wah: If Lakshmi can knit, I would think she's got it made ! :sneaky: ;)
ZAP

Kalki

Post by ZAP »

I was browsing to see if there are any threads on ESP, past-life regression, etc., and I came upon the very humorous/humourous? topic. I had to laugh at some of the responses. I just bought a bunch of leeks at the market.
Betty Boop

Kalki

Post by Betty Boop »

ZAP;1494705 wrote: I was browsing to see if there are any threads on ESP, past-life regression, etc., and I came upon the very humorous/humourous? topic. I had to laugh at some of the responses. I just bought a bunch of leeks at the market.

They don't discuss such things round these parts. Shame, not that I've done any past life regression, have you? I've been told what I was in a past life by a medium and I sit in circle myself but actually get better stuff on my own. Don't think the circle is suiting me yet.
ZAP

Kalki

Post by ZAP »

Betty Boop;1494707 wrote: They don't discuss such things round these parts. Shame, not that I've done any past life regression, have you? I've been told what I was in a past life by a medium and I sit in circle myself but actually get better stuff on my own. Don't think the circle is suiting me yet.

I was on another site where I ran a forum discussing all sorts of paranormal things and I did 2 past-life regressions. The first one was very sad and the 2nd one was scary. In it I saw a man and a woman but didn't know which one was I. There was a terrible feeling of hatred and danger so I exited right away. About 10 years later I was in London in Westminster Abbey, I believe, and saw a portrait hanging there that was the man in my PLR. I was shocked! I asked the guard who that was and he told me it was Charles Brandon, the closest friend of Henry VIII. To my knowledge I had never even heard of him, let alone have seen a photo of him. When I got home I did some research on him and found him to be somewhat of a scoundrel, which fit into the ominous feeling I had experienced in my PLR.

I did my PLR's and my out of body attempts by myself. I did a group hypnosis thing once but wasn't very happy with it. There are tapes-CD's that do the PLR.
Betty Boop

Kalki

Post by Betty Boop »

ZAP;1494709 wrote: I was on another site where I ran a forum discussing all sorts of paranormal things and I did 2 past-life regressions. The first one was very sad and the 2nd one was scary. In it I saw a man and a woman but didn't know which one was I. There was a terrible feeling of hatred and danger so I exited right away. About 10 years later I was in London in Westminster Abbey, I believe, and saw a portrait hanging there that was the man in my PLR. I was shocked! I asked the guard who that was and he told me it was Charles Brandon, the closest friend of Henry VIII. To my knowledge I had never even heard of him, let alone have seen a photo of him. When I got home I did some research on him and found him to be somewhat of a scoundrel, which fit into the ominous feeling I had experienced in my PLR.

I did my PLR's and my out of body attempts by myself. I did a group hypnosis thing once but wasn't very happy with it. There are tapes-CD's that do the PLR.

We'll be labelled as nutters round these parts :wah: not sure I'd be happy doing PLR on my own to be honest. It's not something that's really calling out to me at the moment. I enjoy calling in spirit and know they are with me, hard to explain the feeling but you just 'know', I know in one session one of the other guys there leading the meditation was just droning on and on and I had to stop from shouting out shut up at him, that wasn't me wanting to shout. Eventually he did shut up and then spirit spoke through him which was the interesting bit and why I felt the need to shout, someone else had something better to say :wah:
ZAP

Kalki

Post by ZAP »

Betty Boop;1494711 wrote: We'll be labelled as nutters round these parts :wah: not sure I'd be happy doing PLR on my own to be honest. It's not something that's really calling out to me at the moment. I enjoy calling in spirit and know they are with me, hard to explain the feeling but you just 'know', I know in one session one of the other guys there leading the meditation was just droning on and on and I had to stop from shouting out shut up at him, that wasn't me wanting to shout. Eventually he did shut up and then spirit spoke through him which was the interesting bit and why I felt the need to shout, someone else had something better to say :wah:

I hear you! There are safeguards that you can take when you're doing this on your own. In the PLR I felt such evil and I got myself out of the situation immediately. In the OOB my dog who was guarding me outside my room broke the spell.

That's interesting that you had another entity/presence telling him to shut up. Did you ever do the Ouija board?
Mark Aspam

Kalki

Post by Mark Aspam »

ZAP;1494705 wrote: I was browsing to see if there are any threads on ESP, past-life regression, etc., and I came upon the very humorous/humourous? topic. I had to laugh at some of the responses. I just bought a bunch of leeks at the market.The only two vegetables that ships refuse to transport: leeks and iceberg lettuce.
Bryn Mawr

Kalki

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Mark Aspam;1494716 wrote: The only two vegetables that ships refuse to transport: leeks and iceberg lettuce.

Ouch - very punny :-)
ZAP

Kalki

Post by ZAP »

Mark Aspam;1494716 wrote: The only two vegetables that ships refuse to transport: leeks and iceberg lettuce.

Very funny! I was ready to ask why and then I got it.
Betty Boop

Kalki

Post by Betty Boop »

ZAP;1494712 wrote: I hear you! There are safeguards that you can take when you're doing this on your own. In the PLR I felt such evil and I got myself out of the situation immediately. In the OOB my dog who was guarding me outside my room broke the spell.

That's interesting that you had another entity/presence telling him to shut up. Did you ever do the Ouija board?

I've been in the room when Ouija is taking place, I'm not keen on the whole concept, think it's too easily led by the participants.

Circle tonight had a PLR meditation lol he wasn't going to do that one but he felt he needed too, seems someone else in the group has been doing a lot of that lately. I didn't get much at all for that one. I did well in the psychometry though, got my person spot on yay! I don't know the woman either, saw her two weeks ago in circle, she arrives, she says very little and leaves immediately after so no chance I'd overheard anything.
ZAP

Kalki

Post by ZAP »

Betty Boop;1494751 wrote: I've been in the room when Ouija is taking place, I'm not keen on the whole concept, think it's too easily led by the participants.

Circle tonight had a PLR meditation lol he wasn't going to do that one but he felt he needed too, seems someone else in the group has been doing a lot of that lately. I didn't get much at all for that one. I did well in the psychometry though, got my person spot on yay! I don't know the woman either, saw her two weeks ago in circle, she arrives, she says very little and leaves immediately after so no chance I'd overheard anything.

Yay on the psychometry! I've never tried it. I've read cards, dream interpretation, numerology, cast horoscopes, etc. Years ago I tried Ouija once and was completely blown away by it. So was my daughter who went with me to a friend's house. Both of us were skeptics when we went but came away believers. We did some table-tipping there with the same results. Really strange!

Return to “Philosophy”