Belgium admits 'errors' over bomber arrest

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Brussels attacks: Belgium admits 'errors' over bomber arrest - BBC News

"Mr Erdogan said Turkey alerted both the Belgian and Dutch authorities, but "despite our warnings that this person was a foreign terrorist fighter, the Belgian authorities could not identify a link to terrorism"

..........."Belgian Justice Minister Koen Geens said he had been made aware of the deportation but told public broadcaster VRT: "At that time, he was not known here for terrorism. He was a common law criminal out on parole.""

-------------------------------------

Here's what I don't get.

I don't get what the Belgian folks were supposed to do. If Turkey had evidence, did they offer it up? Why didn't they act?

Or is it a case of despite everyone's outrage at Trumps similar rants, the Belgians were supposed to do what... lock him up with no evidence? Deport him somewhere else and let them worry about him like Turkey did.. what?

IMO, there have been enough sacrificial lambs to this event. Throwing a couple of low level grunts on their swords serves no one.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

True. Civilized countries have to hold to the rule of law, or abandon the universe to the rabble.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Post by gmc »

There have been a few American pundits appearing on british TV arguing that european concern for human rights makes us vulnerable because we won't let our security services surveil anyone they want or just throw people in jail on suspicion, forner heads of MI6 get two minutes in rebuttal when they basically say cobblers to that.

Two points we have had to put up with a lot more terrorism than the americans have and if donald trump becomes president islamic terrorism will be the least of your problems.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Of pundits, we are well-stocked. Everybody here seems to be an expert on how you guys should be keeping these terrorists from coming over here and bothering us.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Terrorists will ALWAYS be able to set off bombs, unless everybody gets frisked leaving their homes.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

LarsMac;1494108 wrote: Of pundits, we are well-stocked. Everybody here seems to be an expert on how you guys should be keeping these terrorists from coming over here and bothering us.

Maybe we should pack them up and send them over to solve the problems, being as they know it all :) I remember the good old days when we simply reported events. Now we have to have it explained to us as to what we saw and why it happened.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

flopstock;1494111 wrote: Maybe we should pack them up and send them over to solve the problems, being as they know it all :) I remember the good old days when we simply reported events. Now we have to have it explained to us as to what we saw and why it happened.

Or, better yet, let's pack all the pundits off to ISIS. I am sure that they could figure out how to solve all their problems.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Warfare Military”