The Kindle Fire

flopstock

The Kindle Fire

Post by flopstock »

Ordered one Tuesday and had it Friday.

Having a little trouble searching for apps that I know exist, but it's kept me out of trouble today.

The battery life is not what my kindles was, but that is to be expected. Other than that I haven't found much to complain about, but I'll keep looking.:sneaky:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snooz

The Kindle Fire

Post by Snooz »

Have you read any of the reviews? People are complaining bitterly that it isn't as good as an Ipad, etc... I'd suspect they're from the competitors, they're so over-the-top.

Have you figured out how to password protect it? Someone mentioned he locked his but didn't say how and I sure can't figure it out. I guess I could always look at the owner's manual. :-2
flopstock

The Kindle Fire

Post by flopstock »

settings, more, security, lock screen password
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snooz

The Kindle Fire

Post by Snooz »

Thanks. I had already found the brightness adjustment, I completely missed the security settings.
LarsMac

The Kindle Fire

Post by LarsMac »

SnoozeAgain;1376351 wrote: Have you read any of the reviews? People are complaining bitterly that it isn't as good as an Ipad, etc... I'd suspect they're from the competitors, they're so over-the-top.

:-2

Probably.

It's 40% the price of an iPad.

If it does everything they say it does, I'm in.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

The Kindle Fire

Post by flopstock »

LarsMac;1376362 wrote: Probably.

It's 40% the price of an iPad.

If it does everything they say it does, I'm in.

WEll just let me know if you want me to try something our for you. I'm having a blast playing with it.

LarsMac

The Kindle Fire

Post by LarsMac »

I just ordered one.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

The Kindle Fire

Post by LarsMac »

Revisiting this.

Having had the thing now for a while, I LIKE it.

It is fairly intuitive.

It does so much more than I expected.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

The Kindle Fire

Post by flopstock »

I'm loving it. Seldom go near this computer when I'm home anymore.:guitarist

spot

The Kindle Fire

Post by spot »

For anyone with an older Kindle, there's an obligatory update which will be less convenient to apply if it's not done in the next couple of days.

Amazon Kindle Owners Face Mandatory Update : snopes.com

Amazon.com Help: Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers

Mine's a Kindle Keyboard, not a Fire, but I turned on the WiFi last night and updated after I saw the Snopes page. It's the first I knew about the requirement.

"Urgent: This update needs to be completed by March 22, 2016."
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

The Kindle Fire

Post by LarsMac »

It seems the newer stuff automagically updates.

Though my sister-in-law has one of the older Kindle's. I will make sure she has got her update.

Thanks for posting this stuff. I had not even thought about updates to my Fire.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

The Kindle Fire

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1493848 wrote: For anyone with an older Kindle, there's an obligatory update which will be less convenient to apply if it's not done in the next couple of days.

Amazon Kindle Owners Face Mandatory Update : snopes.com

Amazon.com Help: Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers

Mine's a Kindle Keyboard, not a Fire, but I turned on the WiFi last night and updated after I saw the Snopes page. It's the first I knew about the requirement.

"Urgent: This update needs to be completed by March 22, 2016."

Thanks for the warning - I have two to do.
Bryn Mawr

The Kindle Fire

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bryn Mawr;1493860 wrote: Thanks for the warning - I have two to do.

Apparently mine are from 2013 and therefore not affected.
spot

The Kindle Fire

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr;1493862 wrote: Apparently mine are from 2013 and therefore not affected.

Practically fresh off the shelf.

It's a sign of how quickly they've established themselves that ten years ago there were no Kindles at all.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Electronic Gadgets Galore”