My neighbors landscaper is blowing theirs leaves on to my yard what should I do?

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
kagardener

My neighbors landscaper is blowing theirs leaves on to my yard what should I do?

Post by kagardener »

My neighbors landscaper is constantly blow leaves on to our yard. Can I take any legal action?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

kagardener;1485811 wrote: My neighbors landscaper is constantly blow leaves on to our yard. Can I take any legal action?

The first question is which jurisdiction does the property come under - different places have different laws.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Are you a single structure?

Are you with a HOA?

Have you spoken to your neighbor?

I'd try speaking to the neighbor or yard workers.

Patsy
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Kick his a$$. Just kidding. Go straight for the landscaper. Tell him you're willing to take him to small claims court for damages. You can sue him for the amount of time it takes to clean the leaves out of your yard based on his own hourly fee, which is probably higher than you would charge. You can also seek damages from dust, and debris in the air if you have a respiratory condition. Make sure to document your interaction with him. Film him on video if you want to, it may or may not be admissible in court, but it'll certainly intimidate him.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Have no idea what the laws are where you live. Call the cops. They'll tell you.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

kagardener;1485811 wrote: My neighbors landscaper is constantly blow leaves on to our yard. Can I take any legal action?

Oh dear.......just wait until Autumn...............and try to sue God.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

you know what would be fun? Right after he leaves, run over there and blow the leaves back again!

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Bruv;1485855 wrote: Oh dear.......just wait until Autumn...............and try to sue God.

:wah:
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I have never had a leaf problem.

The leaves come down, and the wind blows them away.

There was the one year up in the mountains, that the leaves began to fall, and an early freeze and snowstorm came through. That was messy. It was Spring before we could get the leaves. We ended up just roto-tilling the whole mess, and re-seeding the yard.

Now, in our new home, we have a young fellow that mows and maintains the yard. He gets to deal with the leaves. But he picks them all up and takes them to his compost pile.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
kagardener

Post by kagardener »

Bruv;1485855 wrote: Oh dear.......just wait until Autumn...............and try to sue God.

great suggestion, thanks! :D
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

kagardener;1485889 wrote: great suggestion, thanks! :D

ohhhh, looky, there's a linky :rolleyes:
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

The best, and only practical use I have ever seen a leaf blower put to was a time when I was at a garden fete, & there was a couple of teams playing an oversized game of Blow Football - brilliant.

Seriously, the manufacturers of leaf blowers must be laughing all the way to the bank. Just what is the point. There is a natural leaf blower out there - it's called the wind, and it doesn't give a damn whether it blows the leaves into your garden or your neighbours' garden. You can pay a fortune for a really fancy leaf blower, then a few minutes later all those leaves can be back to where they started.

Leaf blowers are just another one in the range of Big Boys Toys.

Personally, I like how fallen leaves look in the garden - they add a certain natural character.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Betty Boop;1485892 wrote: ohhhh, looky, there's a linky :rolleyes:

Shouldn't you do something with it ?...........Just saying.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Return to “Gardening Forum”