The Friendly Cafe - Open for chinwaggin'

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Smaug

The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

Post by Smaug »

Let's keep up the varied posting so that religion doesn't take over the site. Sure, religion has it's place in many peoples lives, and on this site, but it shouldn't be allowed to dominate.
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

I thought the site is free for all. I'm not religious but I don't mind telling the freaks how misguided they are. One of them has already quiet down a lot. He's probably flat out busy praying for me.:yh_rotfl
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Uh too lazy to read everything, but hi ya'll!!
Smoke signals ftw!
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Omni_Skittles;1485538 wrote: Uh too lazy to read everything, but hi ya'll!!

Hi there, Omni-Skittles! I don't think we've met before, but welcome back anyway.
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Smaug;1485549 wrote: Hi there, Omni-Skittles! I don't think we've met before, but welcome back anyway.ha thanks! Nice to meet you! I come and go after I cause chaos.
Smoke signals ftw!
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Omni_Skittles;1485552 wrote: ha thanks! Nice to meet you! I come and go after I cause chaos.

I used to have a window sticker in my car that read; "Chaos, panic and dis-order, my work here is done!"
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Fuzzy;1485526 wrote: I thought the site is free for all. I'm not religious but I don't mind telling the freaks how misguided they are. One of them has already quiet down a lot. He's probably flat out busy praying for me.:yh_rotfl

SSSHHHHH, don't encourage them, Fuzzy! :wah:
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Welcome back Omni_Skittles you are a breathe of fresh air.

I think you were leaving......again.....as I arrived, hope it has nothing to do with me.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Bruv;1485561 wrote: Welcome back Omni_Skittles you are a breathe of fresh air.

I think you were leaving......again.....as I arrived, hope it has nothing to do with me.lol I don't leave on anyone's account. And who said I was leaving again?
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Smaug;1485554 wrote: I used to have a window sticker in my car that read; "Chaos, panic and dis-order, my work here is done!"
Uhm yas!!!! I'm all about disorder!
Smoke signals ftw!
spot

Post by spot »

Omni_Skittles;1485538 wrote: Uh too lazy to read everything, but hi ya'll!!

Hiya Skittles, it's good to see you again, I hope you're enjoying life.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

spot;1485577 wrote: Hiya Skittles, it's good to see you again, I hope you're enjoying life.i am!!! I hope you are too!
Smoke signals ftw!
spot

Post by spot »

Omni_Skittles;1485600 wrote: i am!!! I hope you are too!

I appear to be doing a lot of work recently. I always did enjoy working.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

spot;1485603 wrote: I appear to be doing a lot of work recently. I always did enjoy working. What do you even do??
Smoke signals ftw!
spot

Post by spot »

Omni_Skittles;1485612 wrote: What do you even do??

I've been a programmer, a systems analyst and a computer operator depending on what people needed.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

spot;1485616 wrote: I've been a programmer, a systems analyst and a computer operator depending on what people needed. that sounds too important lol
Smoke signals ftw!
spot

Post by spot »

Omni_Skittles;1485617 wrote: that sounds too important lol
Enjoying being good at something is worth all the effort.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

spot;1485637 wrote: Enjoying being good at something is worth all the effort.im pretty darn good at avoiding punches while changing their clothes lol I'm pretty proud of that.
Smoke signals ftw!
spot

Post by spot »

Omni_Skittles;1485656 wrote: im pretty darn good at avoiding punches while changing their clothes lol I'm pretty proud of that.

You work in a fashion shop now??
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

spot;1485657 wrote: You work in a fashion shop now??no lol I work in an assisted living specializing in Alzheimer's and dementia lol it's entertaining everyday
Smoke signals ftw!
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Omni_Skittles;1485659 wrote: no lol I work in an assisted living specializing in Alzheimer's and dementia lol it's entertaining everyday

Good to see you back Omni. What a wonderful job, you must be a very special person to cope with those conditions and you evidently must have far more patience and understanding than I ever could :-6
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Betty Boop;1485660 wrote: Good to see you back Omni. What a wonderful job, you must be a very special person to cope with those conditions and you evidently must have far more patience and understanding than I ever could :-6some days it's hard, but then I remember that they used to live incredible independent lives and owned companies and taught at some of the best schools and they deserve the best treatment and respect. And eventually you end up loving them even as they pull your hair and curse the heck out of you 😂😂
Smoke signals ftw!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Omni_Skittles;1485662 wrote: some days it's hard, but then I remember that they used to live incredible independent lives and owned companies and taught at some of the best schools and they deserve the best treatment and respect. And eventually you end up loving them even as they pull your hair and curse the heck out of you 😂😂

Like BB just said, "a very special person" . :-6 :)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

G#Gill;1485664 wrote: Like BB just said, "a very special person" . :-6 :)oh don't get me wrong some days I'm like "okay fine you change yourself and I'll just check on you later. Bye!!!!" Especially the ones who know better. Ive told a resident that if he grabbed my boob one more time I would never take care of him again and they'd get rid of him before me. He's stopped since lol
Smoke signals ftw!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, yeah.

Us Old Farts need boundaries, same as children.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

LarsMac;1485669 wrote: Well, yeah.

Us Old Farts need boundaries, same as children. children are easier to work with lol I don't know why but they are!
Smoke signals ftw!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Maybe it's just that children have yet to learn stuff about life, whereas the 'old farts' have been there and done it and know that because they are 'old farts' they may be able to 'get away with it' ?
spot

Post by spot »

I suspect young Skittles knows a lot more about life than I do.

It's rather pleasing to see her drop by again, she's the only poster I can think of who's been a member here for pretty close to half her life. She had an earlier account than her current one, if I remember right.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

spot;1485693 wrote: I suspect young Skittles knows a lot more about life than I do.

It's rather pleasing to see her drop by again, she's the only poster I can think of who's been a member here for pretty close to half her life. She had an earlier account than her current one, if I remember right.

That's because most of us are 'old farts' Mr. spot, and Skittles is very young ! Forum Garden has only been in existence for around 10 or 11 years (if I'm not mistaken), so we 'old farts' don't stand a chance of being able to say that ! LOL
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I want to be founder of The Omni_Skittles Fan Club. She is blowing a breathe of fresh air through this place for sure.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Omni-Skittles sounds like a very nice person to me. Good to see a fresh face!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

spot;1485693 wrote: I suspect young Skittles knows a lot more about life than I do.

It's rather pleasing to see her drop by again, she's the only poster I can think of who's been a member here for pretty close to half her life. She had an earlier account than her current one, if I remember right.and the drama I caused in my younger days ðŸ˜*😂😂ðŸ˜*
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

G#Gill;1485692 wrote: Maybe it's just that children have yet to learn stuff about life, whereas the 'old farts' have been there and done it and know that because they are 'old farts' they may be able to 'get away with it' ?i think to a certain extent they should!!! Especially since my residents pay 5 grand a month minimal
Smoke signals ftw!
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

You could buy a good car for 5 Grand! It probably wouldn't look after you as nicely, though...
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Gosh, I am so old I remember my first car cost only $75, a Phoenix with push button gears.........
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

G#Gill;1485692 wrote: Maybe it's just that children have yet to learn stuff about life, whereas the 'old farts' have been there and done it and know that because they are 'old farts' they may be able to 'get away with it' ?

Maybe it's because the young are young! & energetic & curious & look forward while the old look backward because they know what is soon to be right in front of them; their own ends. Also, the young are physically flexible while the old-----are not & have aches & pains & fears & doubts; have lost all or most of their loved ones. I could go on & on but I'll spare the readers & myself.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

AnneBoleyn;1485782 wrote: I could go on & on but I'll spare the readers & myself.

Thank you Anne, you are very considerate.:yh_kiss
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Fuzzy;1485791 wrote: Thank you Anne, you are very considerate.:yh_kiss

:yh_kiss Back at ya! Appreciate you noticing! :yh_bigsmi
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

That Aussie character is such a smoothy ain't he ?
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

AnneBoleyn;1485782 wrote: Maybe it's because the young are young! & energetic & curious & look forward while the old look backward because they know what is soon to be right in front of them; their own ends. Also, the young are physically flexible while the old-----are not & have aches & pains & fears & doubts; have lost all or most of their loved ones. I could go on & on but I'll spare the readers & myself.

The fearlessness of youth versus the 'quietude' of age!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Just a bit of silliness about sleep ! :wah: Or is it ?

Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

G#Gill;1485849 wrote: Just a bit of silliness about sleep ! :wah: Or is it ?

explains why I'm so smart
Smoke signals ftw!
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Staying up late might be a good excuse for me falling asleep after lunch sometimes!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I very frequently stay up late, so I too must be smart Skittles ! Also I don't have 'sexy' dreams because I have to sleep on my back, and I'm told that I snore sometimes, so that I wouldn't dream much at all ! :yh_rotfl :lips:
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Animals can really struggle with reflections in mirrors, probably because they're so vivid, unlike reflections in water (usually). Their reactions can be hilarious!:wah:
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

It would appear that the meteorological office has put out a warning that we could have the coldest winter for some years. If that is the case, should I get out the sun-tan oil? :yh_rotfl
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I was creased up at this one on FaceBook earlier today:

Smaug

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1486435 wrote: I was creased up at this one on FaceBook earlier today:

Dogs are funny! Maybe he's collided with glass door panels before, and now likes to be sure!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

FourPart that is delightful ! Thank you for posting it and letting the FF members enjoy that video ! :wah: :-6

Return to “General Chit Chat”