Refugees swarm the English Channel Tunnel to try to immigrate to England.

Open or closed borders?
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Apparently there is a huge camp of immigrants trying to get across the English Channel from France. To the point where the British government has considered sending troops. One man was actually arrested after walking the entire 35 mile length of the tunnel dodging trains in the dark. Over 600 people made 2000 attempts to rush the entrance in a single night according to the news I saw.

Craaazy.:-3
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Saint_;1484336 wrote: Apparently there is a huge camp of immigrants trying to get across the English Channel from France. To the point where the British government has considered sending troops. One man was actually arrested after walking the entire 35 mile length of the tunnel dodging trains in the dark. Over 600 people made 2000 attempts to rush the entrance in a single night according to the news I saw.

A legacy of entering into illegal wars around the world. We reap what we sow.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Saint_;1484336 wrote: Apparently there is a huge camp of immigrants trying to get across the English Channel from France. To the point where the British government has considered sending troops. One man was actually arrested after walking the entire 35 mile length of the tunnel dodging trains in the dark. Over 600 people made 2000 attempts to rush the entrance in a single night according to the news I saw.

Did you see the overcrowded boats in the Mediterranean, and the nearest land fall points in Greece, Italy, Spain having to deal with the influx ?

It is an international issue that should be dealt with as such, not each country taking as many or as few as they see fit.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Snowfire;1484337 wrote: A legacy of entering into illegal wars around the world. We reap what we sow.

Yes, you are paying for your History, for your Empire. What's past is past, time to call a halt.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1484340 wrote: Did you see the overcrowded boats in the Mediterranean, and the nearest land fall points in Greece, Italy, Spain having to deal with the influx ?

It is an international issue that should be dealt with as such, not each country taking as many or as few as they see fit.

These folks have no intention, it seems, to make their own lives better, their own countries better. Isis, Boko Harum are winning because they are the only ones willing to take a stance & fight for their (horrendous) beliefs. Time for New Hampshire's motto: "Live Free or Die." That sounds harsh, I know, but the West can only be overrun if the immigrants wish to blend in, not start their own enclaves, which should never be allowed.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

AnneBoleyn;1484368 wrote: Yes, you are paying for your History, for your Empire. What's past is past, time to call a halt.

And your's too. Its as much a part of your legacy as it is our's. We just happen to be much closer and more accessible for them
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Snowfire;1484372 wrote: And your's too. Its as much a part of your legacy as it is our's. We just happen to be much closer and more accessible for them

Not denying that! Yours is older & more widespread, but we have nothing to be proud of, esp. Central America & United Fruit!
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

So it is not a UK or German problem alone, migrants in transit through Greece entering Macedonia are running into trouble HERE
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AnneBoleyn;1484368 wrote: Yes, you are paying for your History, for your Empire. What's past is past, time to call a halt.

I'd say it's much more recent history that that - a combination of illegal interference in the affairs of sovereign states generating a glut of displaced persons and a way too open benefits system creating a honeypot to attract them.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Bryn Mawr;1484705 wrote: I'd say it's much more recent history that that - a combination of illegal interference in the affairs of sovereign states generating a glut of displaced persons and a way too open benefits system creating a honeypot to attract them.

Bulls-eye! Lack of ethics, common sense and forward-thinking has left us with a nasty, on-going legacy. We'll be a long time sorting this out, methinks!
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Bryn Mawr;1484705 wrote: I'd say it's much more recent history that that - a combination of illegal interference in the affairs of sovereign states generating a glut of displaced persons and a way too open benefits system creating a honeypot to attract them.

I wonder what percentage are running away, and what percentage are running toward something ?

Or is it a bit of both ?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bruv;1484719 wrote: I wonder what percentage are running away, and what percentage are running toward something ?

Or is it a bit of both ?

A bit of both but I'd say things must be pretty bad at home to put yourself through what they experience no matter what the perceived reward.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

I also wonder what the percentage of radicalised young men is, amongst the genuine asylum seekers? I guess we'll find out!
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.

Return to “Immigration”