Wow

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Betty Boop

Wow

Post by Betty Boop »

Heather Watson is giving Serena Williams a run for her money!!

Brilliant match, edge of seat, shouting at the screen stuff :guitarist
spot

Wow

Post by spot »

Wimbledon's started? I thought that usually happened in June.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Wow

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1481820 wrote: Wimbledon's started? I thought that usually happened in June.

We're at the end of the first week.

Well done Heather, what a great match to watch, just a shame Serena finally got through in the end.

First women's match I have bothered to watch in ages, the William's had managed to make women's tennis boring and predictable. Let's hope that's all changed for the better from now.
spot

Wow

Post by spot »

Betty Boop;1481821 wrote: We're at the end of the first week.

That's very odd. Usually there's news reports about it. Maybe Wimbledon's no longer fashionable enough to be reported.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snowfire

Wow

Post by Snowfire »

Well BBC1 and 2 are both almost exclusively Wimbledon.

It was a great match. I sat and watched it all. After her two early service breaks in the third set Watson should have won it but you have to hand it to Serena Wiliiams. She wasnt going to let that go.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Smaug

Wow

Post by Smaug »

I only saw the last set, unfortunately. It was a fire-cracker! Serina looked dog-tired at the end, I thought. Heather Watson is a work in progress, but is now a "handful" for even the best in the game, and has bags of "grow-room". Augers well for British ladies tennis!:-6
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Betty Boop

Wow

Post by Betty Boop »

He doesn't own a telly to know that the BBC is showing it on two channels each afternoon.

I didn't see all the match, came upon it when they were one set all and Watson was out in front. I was about to head out for bits from the shop but that trip got delayed until tomorrow once I realised what a good match it was :wah:

I did the same yesterday, caught the tale end of the match that my favourite player ever, Nadal, went out on! Very frustrating.

There have been news articles, think the one I saw had something to do with wrong colour underwear.
Smaug

Wow

Post by Smaug »

Betty Boop;1481831 wrote: He doesn't own a telly to know that the BBC is showing it on two channels each afternoon.

I didn't see all the match, came upon it when they were one set all and Watson was out in front. I was about to head out for bits from the shop but that trip got delayed until tomorrow once I realised what a good match it was :wah:

I did the same yesterday, caught the tale end of the match that my favourite player ever, Nadal, went out on! Very frustrating.

There have been news articles, think the one I saw had something to do with wrong colour underwear.

Nadal may be out, but Muzza's still there. I think Dustin Brown played pretty well, if a little wild at times. Entertaining, though.
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Snowfire

Wow

Post by Snowfire »

Betty Boop;1481831 wrote:

Aah, that might have been me. Me straps were showing
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
FourPart

Wow

Post by FourPart »

End of the "First Week"? I thought it was only supposed to be 1 week - hence "Wimbledon Week".
spot

Wow

Post by spot »

Betty Boop;1481831 wrote: There have been news articles, think the one I saw had something to do with wrong colour underwear.

I do not frequent the fashion sections of the Internet.
Betty Boop

Wow

Post by Betty Boop »

Smaug;1481832 wrote: Nadal may be out, but Muzza's still there. I think Dustin Brown played pretty well, if a little wild at times. Entertaining, though.

If you mean Murray, sorry, he's so boring I'd rather watch paint dry! Drives me nuts watching him play, such a wimpy let-down.

I prefer beefcakes like Snow....errrr Nadal :wah:
Betty Boop

Wow

Post by Betty Boop »

Snowfire;1481834 wrote: Aah, that might have been me. Me straps were showing

Tut tut. Don't let it happen again, there will be consequences.
Smaug

Wow

Post by Smaug »

Betty Boop;1481853 wrote: If you mean Murray, sorry, he's so boring I'd rather watch paint dry! Drives me nuts watching him play, such a wimpy let-down.

I prefer beefcakes like Snow....errrr Nadal :wah:

Naughty!!:wah:
Betty Boop

Wow

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1481846 wrote: I do not frequent the fashion sections of the Internet.

Maybe you should...
Bruv

Wow

Post by Bruv »

I am hooked on Wimbledon again, and this year have the time to watch it.

Watched both Dustin the rasta and Jessica Ennis lookalike Heather Watson.

Well worth the licence fee for those two matches alone.

Brilliant stuff.

Is there another sport that has no time limit ?

The strength of stamina, concentration always amazes me.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FourPart

Wow

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1481874 wrote: I am hooked on Wimbledon again, and this year have the time to watch it.

Watched both Dustin the rasta and Jessica Ennis lookalike Heather Watson.

Well worth the licence fee for those two matches alone.

Brilliant stuff.

Is there another sport that has no time limit ?

The strength of stamina, concentration always amazes me.
There are probably more sports that don't have time limits than those that do. All of those that involve hitting a ball with something else for instance, as well as all of those that involve propelling it over a net.

There's no limit on any racing events, although, of course, by their nature they're meant to be done in as short a time as possible. All sorts of equestrian events.
spot

Wow

Post by spot »

FourPart;1481905 wrote: All of those that involve hitting a ball with something else for instance

Cricket. One-day, three-day, five-day.
Bruv

Wow

Post by Bruv »

FourPart;1481905 wrote: There are probably more sports that don't have time limits than those that do. All of those that involve hitting a ball with something else for instance, as well as all of those that involve propelling it over a net.

There's no limit on any racing events, although, of course, by their nature they're meant to be done in as short a time as possible. All sorts of equestrian events.

No time limit for the 100 metres of course but take more than several seconds and they don't ask you back.

OK let me rephrase that, is there any other sport without time or distance limit ?
spot

Wow

Post by spot »

Bruv;1481910 wrote: OK let me rephrase that, is there any other sport without time or distance limit ?

Bloody Monopoly. Been there, done that.
Bruv

Wow

Post by Bruv »

spot;1481911 wrote: Bloody Monopoly. Been there, done that.

You can play that while asleep.
FourPart

Wow

Post by FourPart »

Snooker - ALWAYS overruns the schedules the programmers allow, causing the programs you actually WANTED to watch to be cancelled. Why don't they just allow more time in the schedule in the first place, or cut it short, just as they would with any other programme?

When you include distance into the parameters as well then you stop everything. All Olympic throwing events involve distance. All jumping events involve distance. High Diving involves distance, as does Climbing. There always Golf. There's no set distance for the holes. They vary from course to course, and no time limit either.
Bruv

Wow

Post by Bruv »

Mens longest match at Wimbledon lasted 11 hours and 5 min over 3 days.

As opposed to the Shortest Matches of under half an hour.
Bruv

Wow

Post by Bruv »

FourPart;1481980 wrote: Snooker - ALWAYS overruns the schedules

And dramatically under runs at times where they fill in with some strange tat.
FourPart

Wow

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1481994 wrote: And dramatically under runs at times where they fill in with some strange tat.

Which also overruns.

Return to “Sports”