Kauto Star dead.

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
G#Gill

Kauto Star dead.

Post by G#Gill »

After a nasty fall in the paddock, that wonderful chaser Kauto Star has had to be 'put to sleep' . He was 15 years old. Apparently he injured his neck (the main injury) and fractured his pelvic bone. I know of a certain person (ex-member), who worshipped that beautiful horse, will be devastated to hear this awful news.

Kauto Star dies after paddock fall | Perspicacious

Kauto Star: a life in pictures | Sport | The Guardian

Kauto Star (FR) | Horse Profile | Sky Sports Horse Racing
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Momus

Kauto Star dead.

Post by Momus »

[QUOTE=G#Gill;1481672]After a nasty fall in the paddock, that wonderful chaser Kauto Star has had to be 'put to sleep' . He was 15 years old. Apparently he injured his neck (the main injury) and fractured his pelvic bone. I know of a certain person (ex-member), who worshipped that beautiful horse, will be devastated to hear this awful news.

I want to thank you Gilly, for posting this thread before i disappear again. Most members here are still seeing me post on him on Facebook. My sorrow just never abates.

I will miss him for the rest of my life and i will despise Clive Smith to my grave.

No, he wasn't my horse, but he was the people's horse and we deserved better. When one looks at Ginger McCain's devotion to Red Rum, where he spent every day with him until he died of natural causes at the age of 30, the treatment to Kauts leaves a very bitter after shock. Also the disgusting treatment of trainer Paul Nicholl's and his Schooler Clifford Baker, who begged Smith to leave him at Ditcheat where he'd been for 11 years and whom without, would not have been the phenomenon that he became.

Kauts was a national hero, he was adored by thousands. People like me, who traveled all over the country to wait for hours in sub zero conditions, to see him enter the parade ring, and the feelings before the race that we were about to see something so spectacular, we'd be talking about it for years. Either that or he'd fall tit over arsse. He was slighty unpredictable.

Racing mourns Kauto Star and always will. He will never fade from our memories and even writing this, makes my eyes well up. I loved him as did thousands.

Thank you for remembering him.

A beautiful tribute

His ashes are buried under his statue at Kempton Park.
ZAP

Kauto Star dead.

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1481672 wrote: After a nasty fall in the paddock, that wonderful chaser Kauto Star has had to be 'put to sleep' . He was 15 years old. Apparently he injured his neck (the main injury) and fractured his pelvic bone. I know of a certain person (ex-member), who worshipped that beautiful horse, will be devastated to hear this awful news.

Kauto Star dies after paddock fall | Perspicacious

Kauto Star: a life in pictures | Sport | The Guardian

Kauto Star (FR) | Horse Profile | Sky Sports Horse Racing

I couldn't read the first article (Perspicacious) It said the account was suspended.

Such sad news about Kauto Star!

Return to “Sports”