Big Box Little Box

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Betty Boop

Big Box Little Box

Post by Betty Boop »

seems a lot of fun, my son wants us to take part.

Anyone else been watching this show?
spot

Big Box Little Box

Post by spot »

I'm wondering what a TV program called big box small box might consist of.

There obviously has to be a manic presenter with a beard, that's unavoidable. Then there has to be competition between The Smith Family and The Jones Family, each sending a performer up front to achieve a brief target. There may be a large pink inflatable assistant to fill the role more traditionally occupied by an Oxbridge Math Graduate in a low-cut dress.

The audience has to shout loudly at appropriate moments, and they can choose to shout Big Box or Small Box as the mood takes them. Perhaps they can see into the boxes and the contestants can't, or perhaps they're just mindless. Probably the latter.

In which case...

The contestants have to avoid using specific parts of speech while being inquisited? And then if the survivor can answer a question they get to choose a box? And the box either has a fiver in it or a ticket to spend two weeks hiking in Sweden with Arsene Wenger and one survival tent?

How close am I so far.

I left out Gloria Hunniford?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
FourPart

Big Box Little Box

Post by FourPart »

Maybe it's a version of Doctor Who. Small Box on the outside, but Big Box on the inside.
Betty Boop

Big Box Little Box

Post by Betty Boop »

Miles away, guess again. Much more interesting than that.

Tonights show featured chickens, a paint sprayer, an automatic omelette maker and a shaky thing.
Bruv

Big Box Little Box

Post by Bruv »

spot;1481324 wrote: I'm wondering what a TV program called big box small box might consist of.

There obviously has to be a manic presenter with a beard, that's unavoidable. Then there has to be competition between The Smith Family and The Jones Family, each sending a performer up front to achieve a brief target. There may be a large pink inflatable assistant to fill the role more traditionally occupied by an Oxbridge Math Graduate in a low-cut dress.

The audience has to shout loudly at appropriate moments, and they can choose to shout Big Box or Small Box as the mood takes them. Perhaps they can see into the boxes and the contestants can't, or perhaps they're just mindless. Probably the latter.

In which case...

The contestants have to avoid using specific parts of speech while being inquisited? And then if the survivor can answer a question they get to choose a box? And the box either has a fiver in it or a ticket to spend two weeks hiking in Sweden with Arsene Wenger and one survival tent?

How close am I so far.

I left out Gloria Hunniford?

How come you know what my weeks viewing consists of ?

Is there such a word as inquisited or are you just being playful?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Big Box Little Box

Post by spot »

Bruv;1481338 wrote: Is there such a word as inquisited or are you just being playful?

You will surely remember Michael Miles. Of course it exists.

Okay, I'll check...

300 instances found by google,

OED: inquisite, verb. Obsolete. 1. transitive: To inquire into, investigate, examine.

"He inquisited with Justice and Decorum".

(1742 The Life of the Right Honourable Francis North, Baron of Guilford, p.181)
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Big Box Little Box

Post by Bruv »

Michael Miles was "Your quiz and inquisitor" so I suspect he inquisited
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Return to “General TV Shows”