It was nice to meet you Billy Jack

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

This film was one of those life moments for me as a teenager. I felt like I knew him. Sorry to hear he has passed.

"Billy Jack" star Tom Laughlin dies at 82 - CBS News

I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

flopstock;1476771 wrote: This film was one of those life moments for me as a teenager. I felt like I knew him. Sorry to hear he has passed.

"Billy Jack" star Tom Laughlin dies at 82 - CBS News

about a year and a half late, but that's OK. Here is what I posted on another forum shortly after his death:

"Laughlin was blessed with an appealing screen presence and should have, probably could have, been in much better films.

'Born Losers', the first film in which the Billy Jack character appeared, wanted us to believe that an entire town, including the police department, would tremble in fear at the antics of a motorcycle gang who were little more than pathetic bums.

The main Billy Jack film pandered to the 'hippy' culture of the Vietnam debacle era, and Laughlin deserves credit for personally getting the film in theaters, although it has not aged well.

The two follow-ups were really pathetic, and were, or at least should have been, an embarrassment to all who participated.

He will probably become an odd footnote in cinema history, may he rest in peace."
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

No I'm not late. I came across the article yesterday. That would be when I found out about it.

Perhaps you are one of those folks who run across old friends, inquire about the family and don't offer condolences or comment if one of them has passed and it's been more than a week.

I do.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

flopstock;1476783 wrote: No I'm not late. I came across the article yesterday. That would be when I found out about it.

Perhaps you are one of those folks who run across old friends, inquire about the family and don't offer condolences or comment if one of them has passed and it's been more than a week.

I do.More big news, flop! Hitler committed suicide in his bunker and FDR expired in the arms of his lover at Warm Springs.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Mark Aspam;1476784 wrote: More big news, flop! Hitler committed suicide in his bunker and FDR expired in the arms of his lover at Warm Springs.

I have no personal emotional attachment to the memory of either of these folks, so it doesn't affect me. Now, if you had mentioned President Kennedy, it would and I was only a child at the time of his death.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”