How important is fashion clothing to you?

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
spot

Post by spot »

I've been about two years ahead of the wave for as long as I can remember. What I take from my wardrobe today, the world and his dog will be queuing at the catwalk outlets to buy in 2017. Oh yes.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

spot;1476561 wrote: I've been about two years ahead of the wave for as long as I can remember. What I take from my wardrobe today, the world and his dog will be queuing at the catwalk outlets to buy in 2017. Oh yes.
Isn't that more like being about 5 years behind? By the time you catch up it's about due for its revamp.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

As far as I am concerned, I ain't in the slightest bit interested in 'fashion'. It's just a marketing gimmick to make the gullible "keeping up with the Jones's " air-heads spend huge amounts of cash on pieces of rags thrown together and made out to be 'the latest thing'. Some of the dresses that are supposedly 'the latest wow' are barely decent. When a person can actually see through a dress to the naked skin of the person wearing it, and leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination, what the heck is the point of wearing anything at all ? The material used is so flimsy that it can hardly be said to keep a person warm !

I wear clothes that I am comfortable in, and are suitable to the weather at that moment. I do like bright colours though.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
spot

Post by spot »

G#Gill;1476624 wrote: When a person can actually see through a dress to the naked skin of the person wearing it, and leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination, what the heck is the point of wearing anything at all ?In the case of my Lycra shorts, they allow my saddle to slide as opposed to - how shall I put this delicately - stick while I'm waving back and forth in power mode. My speedos, on the other hand, only take on total cling-translucency when wet, something I can to a large extent control.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

Rats - I just tried to upload a photo but it's disappeared.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1476704 wrote: Rats - I just tried to upload a photo but it's disappeared.

If it was of you in your Lycra shorts, Thank the Maker.

:lips:
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1476720 wrote: If it was of you in your Lycra shorts, Thank the Maker.

:lips:

I was experimenting with my SaddleCamâ„¢ - I thought people would be interested.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I note we are protected here at FG from profane and irreverent language. Is there also software with a lycra filter to protect those of us with a delicate constitution ?

Maybe I should interrupt my browsing until after my supper.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
northanya

Post by northanya »

i always like to wear fashion clothing always, i am very choosy in clothing
Nimita

Post by Nimita »

To me it is really very important. Though at my workplace we are allowed to wear casuals, i still prefer to look my best everyday. If i am going to luxury shopping malls and spending so much money on clothes and accessories then why to keep them in the closet.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

I've grown more fond of nice clothing as I have gotten older. Wen I was young, I hated ties, but now I have quite a collection along with some very nice suits. Last year I got a real "New York" style long winter coat and I love it. It seemed only natural to get a nice hat to go along with it. In my work environment, I can be as casual as I like, but it seems to make my job easier and get me more respect when I dress nicely.

'Clothes make the man." How true it is.

Attached files
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Dashing!
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Judging someone by their clothes is shallow. A person wearing a £1,000 suit is no different a person than if he were just in his Birthday Suit.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Absolutely right. It's not fair. And people do it constantly. I'm just as guilty of it as anyone else...(hint hint) It's just human nature.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Nimita;1481357 wrote: To me it is really very important. Though at my workplace we are allowed to wear casuals, i still prefer to look my best everyday. If i am going to luxury shopping malls and spending so much money on clothes and accessories then why to keep them in the closet.

If your spending on clothes and accessories is that high a proportion of your income as your description implies then you need to consider a lifestyle change.
janearnold

Post by janearnold »

I am fond of shopping and I always search for new trendy clothes on on-line shopping websites in my leisure time. In summers I generally use to wear jeans and T-shirts. But out of all fashion accessories Cap is my favourite accessory. I have a huge collection of caps for each weather. I usually buy caps from online stores recently I bought a Bucket hat from a shopping site. It is very nice. I am happy with their services as well as the product.
Anetta

Post by Anetta »

buttercup;1276799 wrote: As i get older i find fashion clothing serves me no purpose at all other than going out which i do very little of, this in turn means i get very little wear out of it before its out of fashion, so i no longer buy it.

Some things fortunately will never go out of fashion, jeans and the little black dress spring to mind.

How important is fashion clothing to you, will you hit the sales this year for fashion or practicality?

jeans, sneakers and a t-shirt love for life)

Return to “Fashion Clothing”