Glen Campbell

flopstock

Glen Campbell

Post by flopstock »

I miss so much news that does not directly affect me. I saw a post about his fight on another site and thought I would share it here in case you guys missed it like I had..:guitarist

I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

AnneBoleyn

Glen Campbell

Post by AnneBoleyn »

On the topic of Glen Campbell, I feel his song "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" his last song written before his disease took over should have won the oscar for best song.

"The bittersweet love song sends the poignant message that the silver lining of Alzheimer's is that he won't feel his loved ones' pain as they watch him succumb to the disease."

Read more: Tim McGraw Honors Glen Campbell With Moving Oscars Performance | Rolling Stone

Thanks, flop, for posting the video. I had no idea he ever recorded it on his own. Sad & .......... sadder.

eta---can't believe his change of appearance, well I suppose I just don't want to.
YZGI

Glen Campbell

Post by YZGI »

Wow, both those are tough. Two years ago my father in law died from alzheimer's, I can't even describe the last few months.
Bruv

Glen Campbell

Post by Bruv »

Both father and mother suffered.

I would say to my wife when we visited my mother, she was never there, grieving starts long before death takes them.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

Glen Campbell

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv, I'm so sorry to hear this.
flopstock

Glen Campbell

Post by flopstock »

Bruv;1474738 wrote: Both father and mother suffered.

I would say to my wife when we visited my mother, she was never there, grieving starts long before death takes them.
My friend used to cry every time she visited her mother. the first time she didn't know her just broke her heart.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bruv

Glen Campbell

Post by Bruv »

I am far too macho and English for such silliness.....of course.

The trouble was, sometimes when we visited she would greet you like a long lost friend, then we would realise that she thought we were somebody else, and it wasn't us she was greeting.

Other times she was 'there' when we arrived, but 'left' shortly afterward, visiting my mum became a chore or a duty.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

Glen Campbell

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Hmmm. Thought the definition of English is silliness. I'll ask John Cleese over at the Ministry of Silly Walks.
High Threshold

Glen Campbell

Post by High Threshold »

flopstock;1474713 wrote: I miss so much news that does not directly affect me. I saw a post about his fight on another site and thought I would share it here in case you guys missed it like I had..

It was an era. The one that provided me with new horizons. And there was Glen Campbell, John Denver, and Charlie Pride. It wasn't such a good time really, but I miss them all. :yh_sad
jemsbond

Glen Campbell

Post by jemsbond »

On the topic of Glen Campbell, I feel his song "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" his last song written before his disease took over should have won the oscar for best song.

"The bittersweet love song sends the poignant message that the silver lining of Alzheimer's is that he won't feel his loved ones' pain as they watch him succumb to the disease."
flopstock

Glen Campbell

Post by flopstock »

jemsbond;1476991 wrote: On the topic of Glen Campbell, I feel his song "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" his last song written before his disease took over should have won the oscar for best song.

I never saw the movie, but the song was just great!

and welcome to the garden!

Return to “General Music”