Las Vegas Road Incident

Ahso!

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Ahso! »

Who had more road rage? Is "Road Rage" even what happened here?

Las Vegas Mom Tammy Meyers Went Looking for Suspect Before Road Rage Killing - NBC News

A Las Vegas woman who was killed in an apparent road rage shooting last week drove around with her armed son looking for the suspect who would later shoot her in front of her home, police said Tuesday.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Bruv »

Nothing to do with road or rage, sheer madness.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
flopstock

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by flopstock »

I don't understand dropping the daughter off(presumably to keep her safe) and picking up the son and putting him in harms way.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

LarsMac

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by LarsMac »

Road madness?

I am still trying to make sense of that story.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by FourPart »

America = Guns. Why's it even on the news? There's nothing new there.
flopstock

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by flopstock »

Actually I don't understand a lot more about this one.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Ahso!

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Ahso! »

On its face there appears to have been a lot of poor decisions made by everyone, but the aggressor appears to be the lady who was shot.

When I'm feeling like driving slow or an aggressive driver gets behind me I usually pull to the side and allow them to pass. It's really not useful at all to exacerbate the situation by honking at them, and it certainly makes no sense to start waving guns at anyone.

Since these Stand Your Ground Laws have passed it seems like we're witnessing more of this type of behavior, i.e. Zimmerman; the guy who shot the teens because their music was too loud and now this. We could be seeing the return of the wild west, literally. And this is a good thing?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1474284 wrote: America = Guns. Why's it even on the news? There's nothing new there.

Well, I am so glad that you have it all figured out.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1474292 wrote:

Since these Stand Your Ground Laws have passed it seems like we're witnessing more of this type of behavior, i.e. Zimmerman; the guy who shot the teens because their music was too loud and now this. We could be seeing the return of the wild west, literally. And this is a good thing?

Hey buddy I was with you until this concerning "Stand Your Ground Laws".

Both examples you offer have nothing to the so called "Stand Your Ground Laws".
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
tude dog

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by tude dog »

Leave your gun at home and bring along your

TRUNK MONKEY !

Ahso!

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Ahso! »

I believe the dude in the ball cap is Brandon Myers. He's a big guy.

Brandon says he was only protecting his family that night and from his perspective that could be an accurate statement. But Mom, what in the world was she thinking? My guess it was something like you don't know who you're messing with . What could have been any reasonable plan mom and son could have had when they went out on their hunt that night? Seriously.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
YZGI

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by YZGI »

Ahso!;1474350 wrote: I believe the dude in the ball cap is Brandon Myers. He's a big guy.

Brandon says he was only protecting his family that night and from his perspective that could be an accurate statement. But Mom, what in the world was she thinking? My guess it was something like you don't know who you're messing with . What could have been any reasonable plan mom and son could have had when they went out on their hunt that night? Seriously.
I agree, maybe there is more to this story that hasn't come to light yet. How did the shooter know where mom and son lived? Not adding up.
flopstock

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by flopstock »

YZGI;1474366 wrote: I agree, maybe there is more to this story that hasn't come to light yet. How did the shooter know where mom and son lived? Not adding up.
The gist of what I'm reading is that mom and son went out and found the shooter and then returned home.

The shooter probably followed them. The question is 'what went on when they found the shooter?' Was the shooter threatened in some manner? Did the son flash his gun at them? That he returned fire sure does indicate that gun was close at hand. It sure sounds to me like they went out to put the fear of god into someone and it backfired.

Ahso!

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1474337 wrote: Leave your gun at home and bring along your

TRUNK MONKEY !

guns nor TM were necessary that night (which is the case the vast majority of the time) until mom went home to fetch Brandon and his Gun and reignited this fight, probably because guns, along with an emerging nationwide attitude among many that it's right to set these "animals" (as you like to say) straight by standing ground.

What we do know is that the person who followed the Meyers home refrained from physical violence until then. The horn blowing and whatever else occurred in that first run-in tells me that the aggressive driver (if that's really the truth) didn't loose his cool to that point.

There's more to this but I doubt it has history because if it did Brandon or his sister would know who the other person is; apparently they don't.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Ahso! »

Now the report says that the shootout took place a block away from the Meyers' home.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
flopstock

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by flopstock »

This kid doesn't stand a chance.

Las Vegas police arrest road rage suspect after standoff - CNN.com

Ahso!

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Ahso! »

At least we might get to find out what his side of the story is.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by LarsMac »

Moral of the story, If you go out looking for trouble, it will likely find you.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1474428 wrote: Moral of the story, If you go out looking for trouble, it will likely find you.

Or never meet trouble halfway ?
flopstock

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by flopstock »

Curiouser and curiouser

Erich Nowsch Arrested in Las Vegas Road Rage Death of Tammy Meyers - NBC News

YZGI

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by YZGI »

So,they knew him. Why did they have to go look for him?
Ahso!

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Ahso! »

YZGI;1474468 wrote: So,they knew him. Why did they have to go look for him?As I understand what the father has said, he claims they didn't go looking for the kid; he says the mother got the son in order to go park the car down the block (in front of someone else's house?). I guess he was either driving another car or was going to walk home with his mother. The father says the media maligned the mother by the story that was first circulated, but the media claims that's what the police told them.

I think there might be more to come. If the family is telling the truth then the poor daughter will live with the fact that her beeping the horn resulted in the death of her mother for the rest of her life. Not a fun future for her. I hope for her sake that isn't the end result.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
FourPart

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by FourPart »

tude dog;1474337 wrote: Leave your gun at home and bring along your

TRUNK MONKEY !

The Enire TRIlogy - With FOUR clips (one in the barrel?).
Ahso!

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Ahso! »

Brandon seems to contradict dad. Tammy apparently insisted that Brandon accompany her to hunt down the "bad guy". It might be that Tammy had become confused because it's beginning to sound like the kid who ended up shooting her was not the same person she had the earlier run-in with.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 1-05-48-09

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
flopstock

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by flopstock »

And at no time did mom or son call the police while searching?

As usual, I've kinda made up my mind on this too soon. I'll just watch as this kid gets crucified after being hunted that night.

High Threshold

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by High Threshold »

She left the initial scene and drove home. Problem solved. But no ….. she had to get her pistolero hijo to stalk the guy and turn it into a personal confrontation at gun-point. Horn against horn. Word against word. Fist against fist. Knife against knife. It were she who chose the weapon. Now her son is boasting “stand your ground” bravery and courage. Yeah well, he stood his ground and now mum's dead.
High Threshold

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by High Threshold »

flopstock;1474410 wrote: This kid doesn't stand a chance.

Nor should he.
flopstock

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by flopstock »

High Threshold;1474551 wrote: Nor should he.
If this kid was sitting in a park minding his own business and these two started stalking him, oh yeah he should.

If he called a friend to come get him away from them and they not only followed, but made a point of pointing the gun at him, oh yeah he should have a chance to tell his side.

If he pulled into his own street and then sees the same car and that male holding the gun that had been pointed at him a few blocks ago - oh yeah I'd give him a chance to tell his story.

The fact that this kid does not resemble - in the slightest - the man the daughter described as confronting them - makes me believe that this kid may have feared for his life because he had no idea why someone was coming after him with a gun. I don't believe he 'followed' them home. I think he turned onto his own block and there they were again these folks who didn't go away when he attempted to scare the perceived armed stalkers away with the shots earlier.

The stories he is reported to have shared with his friends later that same night sound more credible to me than other stories that have been offered.

Now, if the friend who came and picked him up turns out to fit the daughters description of the man who confronted them earlier - all bets are off.

It's just sad all around.

High Threshold

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by High Threshold »

flopstock;1474552 wrote: If this kid was sitting in a park minding his own business and these two started stalking him, oh yeah he should.

If he called a friend to come get him away from them and they not only followed, but made a point of pointing the gun at him, oh yeah he should have a chance to tell his side. If he pulled into his own street and then sees the same car and that male holding the gun that had been pointed at him a few blocks ago - oh yeah I'd give him a chance to tell his story.

Yeah, I know …. if the kid had a gun that was concealed (even without a permit) but his father was a war vet or perhaps his mother was pregnant or he just came back from Afghanistan or lost his job and his father was 1/4 afro-american or he was on his way to make a payment on his car or he had a collection of Joan Wayne films or his great-great grandmother was second cousin to Jesse James or he had an American flag above a basket ball hoop in front of his garage or France had just refused to join the American invasion of Irak then ….... yeah, he would have every right to shoot to kill because it was in defence of his country. But hey, that goes without saying. You never know who's a communist these days and you have to be armed and prepared. It's in the Constitution!
Ahso!

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Ahso! »

I does appear as though everyone involved felt empowered from either having a gun or being with someone with a gun. This is one of the many problems with so many people having access and the right to own guns. Eventually perhaps the selective pressure will force regulation.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
flopstock

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by flopstock »

High Threshold;1474557 wrote: Yeah, I know …. if the kid had a gun that was concealed (even without a permit) but his father was a war vet or perhaps his mother was pregnant or he just came back from Afghanistan or lost his job and his father was 1/4 afro-american or he was on his way to make a payment on his car or he had a collection of Joan Wayne films or his great-great grandmother was second cousin to Jesse James or he had an American flag above a basket ball hoop in front of his garage or France had just refused to join the American invasion of Irak then ….... yeah, he would have every right to shoot to kill because it was in defence of his country. But hey, that goes without saying. You never know who's a communist these days and you have to be armed and prepared. It's in the Constitution!

Well there went a minute and a half of my life I'll never get back.

Won't be making that mistake again.

High Threshold

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by High Threshold »

flopstock;1474586 wrote: Well there went a minute and a half of my life I'll never get back.

Won't be making that mistake again.

That minute and a half was your punishment for the minute and a half I spend reading yours.
Bruv

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Bruv »

If you have 2.58 minutes to spare.....here is an anthem for you both........

High Threshold

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by High Threshold »

Bruv;1474592 wrote: If you have 2.58 minutes to spare.....here is an anthem for you both........

:wah::yh_rotfl:wah:

I hate you.
AnneBoleyn

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by AnneBoleyn »

"Quote Originally Posted by flopstock

Well there went a minute and a half of my life I'll never get back.

Won't be making that mistake again."

"That minute and a half was your punishment for the minute and a half I spend reading yours."

------------------------------------------------------

If you are lucky, flopstock, you're on the way to his 'Ignore' list where he places uppity women who disagree with him. :yh_rotfl

Good way to keep a forum flowing. :wah:
Saint_

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Saint_ »

FourPart;1474284 wrote: America = Guns. Why's it even on the news? There's nothing new there.

lol. I agree. I thought they should have a daily gun report on the news much like the weather;

"Our high today will be 54 degrees, with plenty of sun and 20% humidity. Twenty people were shot yesterday, a record low for this time of year, and there is a 35% probability you will be shot today, increasing to 50% on the weekend."
flopstock

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by flopstock »

Ya know, I kinda though 11pm at night was kinda late for a driving lesson.

Drug deals involved in road-rage death? - CNN Video

High Threshold

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by High Threshold »

Saint_;1474598 wrote: lol. I agree. I thought they should have a daily gun report on the news much like the weather;

"Our high today will be 54 degrees, with plenty of sun and 20% humidity. Twenty people were shot yesterday, a record low for this time of year, and there is a 35% probability you will be shot today, increasing to 50% on the weekend."

KOAT TV – 7: “This weekend predicts an estimated 15 to 20 serial killers travelling easterly through the four-corner states because of low pressures originating in the Sierra Nevada. Experts are calling for 3 to 4 deaths in Utah, an equal amount in Colorado, and up to 5 or 6 in AZ and NM with a maximum front hovering east of the Rockies due to cold westerly winds pushing towards Tijeras Canyon. Police are cautioning motorists particularly on I-40, I-10, I-25, and most roads between Farmington and Durango to be extra vigilant and to only stop for emergencies.”

NOTE: "A very conservative estimate is that there are between 35 and 50 active serial killers in the United States at any given time.”

Serial Killers -- How Many Are There? by Diane Dimond on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent
tude dog

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by tude dog »

High Threshold;1474767 wrote: KOAT TV – 7: “This weekend predicts an estimated 15 to 20 serial killers travelling easterly through the four-corner states because of low pressures originating in the Sierra Nevada. Experts are calling for 3 to 4 deaths in Utah, an equal amount in Colorado, and up to 5 or 6 in AZ and NM with a maximum front hovering east of the Rockies due to cold westerly winds pushing towards Tijeras Canyon. Police are cautioning motorists particularly on I-40, I-10, I-25, and most roads between Farmington and Durango to be extra vigilant and to only stop for emergencies.”

NOTE: "A very conservative estimate is that there are between 35 and 50 active serial killers in the United States at any given time.”

Serial Killers -- How Many Are There? by Diane Dimond on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

From your link.

It was a small but horrifying item in the Los Angeles Times. "Police are asking for the public's help in identifying what they call a 'serious, dangerous serial killer operating in Orange County. Police believe one person is responsible for stabbing three middle-aged homeless men. He is (considered) extremely dangerous to the public."

Another reason to carry a gun.
Saint_

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Saint_ »

High Threshold;1474767 wrote: KOAT TV – 7: “This weekend predicts an estimated 15 to 20 serial killers travelling easterly through the four-corner states because of low pressures originating in the Sierra Nevada. Experts are calling for 3 to 4 deaths in Utah, an equal amount in Colorado, and up to 5 or 6 in AZ and NM with a maximum front hovering east of the Rockies due to cold westerly winds pushing towards Tijeras Canyon. Police are cautioning motorists particularly on I-40, I-10, I-25, and most roads between Farmington and Durango to be extra vigilant and to only stop for emergencies.”

LOL. Was that a real report, or did you make that up HT? (And it's a sad state of affairs that I can't tell the difference anymore...)
LarsMac

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by LarsMac »

Saint_;1474853 wrote: LOL. Was that a real report, or did you make that up HT? (And it's a sad state of affairs that I can't tell the difference anymore...)

The batteries in your BS meter need changing?
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Saint_ »

LarsMac;1474856 wrote: The batteries in your BS meter need changing?

Yeah, my wife was watching FOX news and I unfortunately saw a few seconds. My BS meter's needle pegged the top and stuck there, then the meter glass broke.
High Threshold

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by High Threshold »

tude dog;1474851 wrote: From your link.

I'm sorry, did you say “Another reason to ban guns all-together”? There you see, I knew we'd agree on something one fine day! :)
High Threshold

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by High Threshold »

Saint_;1474853 wrote: LOL. Was that a real report, or did you make that up HT?
I just took your lead and embellished it a little bit.

Saint_;1474853 wrote: (And it's a sad state of affairs that I can't tell the difference anymore...)
That's OK. I have been highly criticised for the grey line more than once. But how do you make a cynical “funny” with a dead-pan face on-line - and still get the point across? I guess I'll have to go back to posting disclaimers again.

DISCLAIMER: The above message contains no anger, animosity, or singling out of anyone or anything with malicious intent. The opinions expressed here are mine alone. Neither reader nor administration are necessarily in agreement with anything I may have expressed herein. Any resemblance to truth or documented fact is purely coincidental.
Ahso!

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Ahso! »

All about buying marijuana? That is a tragedy. Legalize the stuff already, ffs.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Bruv »

Ahso!;1474872 wrote: All about buying marijuana? That is a tragedy. Legalize the stuff already, ffs.

Why not, they have legalised shooting people......................for many apparently trivial reasons.
High Threshold

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by High Threshold »

Bruv;1474879 wrote: Why not, they have legalised shooting people......................for many apparently trivial reasons.

:wah::yh_rotfl:wah:

Why is it that you can get away with saying such things - but if I do it I get the whole FG American community down my throat!?

Bruv

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by Bruv »

It's the way I tell em.............

Link to the legendary Frank Carson, who's punchline was the Link.......unfortunately not in the Link.
High Threshold

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by High Threshold »

Bruv;1474887 wrote: It's the way I tell em.............

Link to the legendary Frank Carson, who's punchline was the Link.......unfortunately not in the Link.

I see. So you're in with a punch or two ….. or three … and before they can react you do a bunk. Good advice, thanks.

Nice link, BTW! :wah:
FourPart

Las Vegas Road Incident

Post by FourPart »

tude dog;1474851 wrote:

Another reasn why it's illegal to carry knives in the U.K.

Return to “Current Events”