They Broke YouTube

FourPart

They Broke YouTube

Post by FourPart »

As some of you aware I do a bit of composing & arranging & publish my pieces on SheetMusicPlus.com. Whenever I do this I add a YouTube video, with a link to where the sheet music can be purchased as a Digital Publication. However, as I have now distanced myself from the sub account of the choir & set up an entirely new account I need to change the links in each of the uploads. Tedious, yes, but fairly straightforward. You would think so, but in their meddling with a new format YouTube seem to have broken it. While all of my pieces are active, searchable & playable, according to my own Video Manage, only 2 of them exist as my Uploads & as such are not editable.

Does anyone have any idea how to get around this?
Bryn Mawr

They Broke YouTube

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FourPart;1474140 wrote: As some of you aware I do a bit of composing & arranging & publish my pieces on SheetMusicPlus.com. Whenever I do this I add a YouTube video, with a link to where the sheet music can be purchased as a Digital Publication. However, as I have now distanced myself from the sub account of the choir & set up an entirely new account I need to change the links in each of the uploads. Tedious, yes, but fairly straightforward. You would think so, but in their meddling with a new format YouTube seem to have broken it. While all of my pieces are active, searchable & playable, according to my own Video Manage, only 2 of them exist as my Uploads & as such are not editable.

Does anyone have any idea how to get around this?

If you go into the other pieces on You Tube who is shown as the author - is it still you?

Can you contact You Tube and get them to correct the links?
FourPart

They Broke YouTube

Post by FourPart »

Bryn Mawr;1474154 wrote: If you go into the other pieces on You Tube who is shown as the author - is it still you?

Can you contact You Tube and get them to correct the links?
These are the links. When I contacted YouTube they just told me I was not looking at the right Channel. I checked & there is only 1 channel and that one now has 3 videos in it.

Cassida (Remaining)

Nursery Lines (Remaining)

Forever Mine (Reuploaded)

Forever Mine

Lazy River

Sylvie Flatfoot

Minstrel Boy

The Lost Chord

Gaudete

Twinklebel

Absolutely Nothing

Upon Your Kiss

The Hermit

Salvation
Bruv

They Broke YouTube

Post by Bruv »

Hey !!!!

Is this a device to increase sales ??

(Like your style)
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FourPart

They Broke YouTube

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1474204 wrote: Hey !!!!

Is this a device to increase sales ??

(Like your style)

The problem is that all those uploads now have the wrong links on them to make the sales.
Bruv

They Broke YouTube

Post by Bruv »

FourPart;1474218 wrote: The problem is that all those uploads now have the wrong links on them to make the sales.

Oh dear.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Bryn Mawr

They Broke YouTube

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FourPart;1474202 wrote: These are the links. When I contacted YouTube they just told me I was not looking at the right Channel. I checked & there is only 1 channel and that one now has 3 videos in it.

OK, given that they are all credited to the same author, how do they explain that? Can you ask them to list the channels for each of the videos?
FourPart

They Broke YouTube

Post by FourPart »

Technical Support is not one of their better points.

Return to “Computers Internet”