Biggest news since BEFORE Harry Potter!!!

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I won't be able to sleep waiting for this... I read this book as a child and then saw the movie. Tremendous impact on my outlook of folks and events from that point forward!

BBC News - Harper Lee to publish Mockingbird 'sequel'
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I'll read it. Funny how it was written before Mockingbird but is a sequel.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I'm really excited about this one. I recall rumors that TKAM was actually written by someone else. It's great that they found her original after all this time :)
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Found this one..

Harper Lee's 'Mockingbird': Did she write it, or didn't she? | AL.com

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

OMG the things you learn that you never even thought about!

Lee had seen what fame did to her friend Truman (renamed Dill in her novel), and that is part of the reason she tried all her life to stay anonymous. “I’m really Boo,......”
Let’s not assume Harper Lee is being exploited. Atticus Finch wouldn’t | Hadley Freeman | Comment is free | The Guardian

Return to “The Library”