Deflate-gate

Discuss all types of sports.
flopstock

Deflate-gate

Post by flopstock »

I guess they can't very well disqualify them because seriously, what happens to all the money won/lost on that game?

And to be frank with you , I've suspected the fix was in all season to get these two teams to the Superbowl... how else to explain the miserable and unexpected performance of my chicago bears?:sneaky:

'SNL' settles Deflate-Gate once and for all | MSNBC
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

LarsMac

Deflate-gate

Post by LarsMac »

Unexpected? :sneaky:

Though after viewing the sudden deflation of my Broncos, I have to wonder that you might be correct.

We had such high expectations in September, did we not?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tazzy

Deflate-gate

Post by tazzy »

i think they should disqualify them are make them play the game over to see if they really did win. my team stunk this year go giants
Bruv

Deflate-gate

Post by Bruv »

This made the UK news today, but how is it an advantage for one team over the other ?

One team's coach or somebody else associated with them supposedly deflated the game ball, both teams use the same ball don't they ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
flopstock

Deflate-gate

Post by flopstock »

Bruv;1472968 wrote: This made the UK news today, but how is it an advantage for one team over the other ?

One team's coach or somebody else associated with them supposedly deflated the game ball, both teams use the same ball don't they ?

Nope, they each have their own set.

The other teams were just fine when they checked them later.

From what I hear, being underinflated makes them easier to throw and catch.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bruv

Deflate-gate

Post by Bruv »

flopstock;1472971 wrote: Nope, they each have their own set.

The other teams were just fine when they checked them later.

From what I hear, being underinflated makes them easier to throw and catch.

Woweee It didn't have ALL that content when I clicked reply. You have been editing haven't you ?

This is what you call American Football ?

Where teams dress up with crash helmets and padding all over themselves and then throw an oval ball about chased by big fellows dressed the same, with advert breaks every few minutes, and they only play with their own balls ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
flopstock

Deflate-gate

Post by flopstock »

Bruv;1472973 wrote: Woweee It didn't have ALL that content when I clicked reply. You have been editing haven't you ?

This is what you call American Football ?

Where teams dress up with crash helmets and padding all over themselves and then throw an oval ball about chased by big fellows dressed the same, with advert breaks every few minutes, and they only play with their own balls ?
I hit reply and then thought I'd add the bit I learned on the sports shows this week so you'd see why they think it matters.. :)

YZGI

Deflate-gate

Post by YZGI »

I'm about sick of hearing about this. I did hear this morning that in the last 8 years the Patriots fumbled every 180 something possessions and the NFL average is around one fumble every 90 some possessions. An under inflated ball may very well be less likely to be fumbled. They have probably been doing this for years. If the NFL has theses rules they should have a representative that checks these things before, during and after games to be sure of compliance.
FourPart

Deflate-gate

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1472973 wrote: This is what you call American Football ?

Yeah - Let them have a go at proper Rugger, with no more protective clothing than a Jockstrap.
flopstock

Deflate-gate

Post by flopstock »

YZGI;1472978 wrote: I'm about sick of hearing about this. I did hear this morning that in the last 8 years the Patriots fumbled every 180 something possessions and the NFL average is around one fumble every 90 some possessions. An under inflated ball may very well be less likely to be fumbled. They have probably been doing this for years. If the NFL has theses rules they should have a representative that checks these things before, during and after games to be sure of compliance.

I read somewhere that there had been a complaint from the team that lost to them the previous week and so they did check them before and at halftime. They just didn't do anything about what they found apparently.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”