Oscar and Peter

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
theia

Oscar and Peter

Post by theia »

Have they been banned permanently?
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Snooz

Oscar and Peter

Post by Snooz »

Did I miss something?
LarsMac

Oscar and Peter

Post by LarsMac »

theia;1472740 wrote: Have they been banned permanently?

It would seem so, from what I can see.

But, I could be wrong.

Snooz;1472744 wrote: Did I miss something?

You've missed a lot.

And been missed a lot, I dare say.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Snooz

Oscar and Peter

Post by Snooz »

You sweet talker, you. :yh_love
Saint_

Oscar and Peter

Post by Saint_ »

Rats. Oscar was one of the most prolific posters. Give them a while, then let them come back.
Bruv

Oscar and Peter

Post by Bruv »

OK...........I have tried to appear disinterested....but does anybody know what sentence was imposed ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Saint_

Oscar and Peter

Post by Saint_ »

What thread did they commit suicide in? Oh never mind, I found it. Hmm....I'd forgotten that "put them on ignore" thing. I need to do that to a couple of people right now.
AnneBoleyn

Oscar and Peter

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Saint_;1472758 wrote: What thread did they commit suicide in? Oh never mind, I found it. Hmm....I'd forgotten that "put them on ignore" thing. I need to do that to a couple of people right now.

I think "put them on ignore" is childish. Just don't read it, or are you compelled to?
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Oscar and Peter

Post by Bryn Mawr »

theia;1472740 wrote: Have they been banned permanently?

Yes, I finally lost patience with the endless cycle of disruption with, as I said in the thread, no sign that anything would change.

She'd had any number warning and chose to think that she could duck below the parapet for a short while and then carry on as before as though nothing had happened - this was once too often.
Saint_

Oscar and Peter

Post by Saint_ »

AnneBoleyn;1472761 wrote: Just don't read it, or are you compelled to?

Exactly. "Just don't read it," has never and will never work for me. I always read everything. And so quickly that I usually don't realize it's a flame attack on me until after I've read it and by then it's too late since you can't unread something. Then my feelings get hurt and I'll usually say something I'll regret later as I don't take attacks nicely and have a tendency to fight back. Of course, I'd only ignore people who have repeatedly insulted, degraded, and flamed me.

So I think I'll try the "ignore" thing for a while. I feel better already. :D
AnneBoleyn

Oscar and Peter

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bryn Mawr;1472765 wrote: Yes, I finally lost patience with the endless cycle of disruption with, as I said in the thread, no sign that anything would change.

She'd had any number warning and chose to think that she could duck below the parapet for a short while and then carry on as before as though nothing had happened - this was once too often.

I honestly don't get it Bryn. I don't understand what the great offense is, & she is interesting in so many ways. Couldn't you just edit out what really seems to bother you instead of a complete banning? Just asking.
AnneBoleyn

Oscar and Peter

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Saint_;1472766 wrote: Exactly. "Just don't read it," has never and will never work for me. I always read everything. And so quickly that I usually don't realize it's a flame attack on me until after I've read it and by then it's too late since you can't unread something. Then my feelings get hurt and I'll usually say something I'll regret later as I don't take attacks nicely and have a tendency to fight back. Of course, I'd only ignore people who have repeatedly insulted, degraded, and flamed me.

I'd like to ignore myself sometimes.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Oscar and Peter

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AnneBoleyn;1472767 wrote: I honestly don't get it Bryn. I don't understand what the great offense is, & she is interesting in so many ways. Couldn't you just edit out what really seems to bother you instead of a complete banning? Just asking.

Been there, tried that - it doesn't work with Oscar. I've given her so much slack over the years I have no faith that it will every change whilst she has the run of the Garden.
Snooz

Oscar and Peter

Post by Snooz »

Saint_;1472766 wrote: Exactly. "Just don't read it," has never and will never work for me. I always read everything. And so quickly that I usually don't realize it's a flame attack on me until after I've read it and by then it's too late since you can't unread something. Then my feelings get hurt and I'll usually say something I'll regret later as I don't take attacks nicely and have a tendency to fight back. Of course, I'd only ignore people who have repeatedly insulted, degraded, and flamed me.

Was it "flaming" to ask the logistics of teaching 13,000 people in a community of 15,000 or whatever the amount was?

Disingenuous to imply you've got people on here that abuse you with harsh words. Management would never allow that.
theia

Oscar and Peter

Post by theia »

I'm saddened by your decision, Bryn. Oscar could be controversial but she kept the forum alive. I'm really going to miss her and Peter's contributions...is this a final decision on your part or could you have a change of heart?
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Oscar and Peter

Post by Bryn Mawr »

theia;1472773 wrote: I'm saddened by your decision, Bryn. Oscar could be controversial but she kept the forum alive. I'm really going to miss her and Peter's contributions...is this a final decision on your part or could you have a change of heart?

I stepped back to consider my decision and make sure that it was not taken in the heat of the moment or in anger. As I say, I have seen no evidence that she is willing or capable of changing her ways and without that I cannot accept her back into the Garden.
AnneBoleyn

Oscar and Peter

Post by AnneBoleyn »

theia always says my thoughts in beautiful language. Thanks, dear lady.
Snowfire

Oscar and Peter

Post by Snowfire »

My splenic venting has now become redundant, unless of course we can find someone else to stimulate the purge

Who's it gonna be ?
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
sugarpuff

Oscar and Peter

Post by sugarpuff »

Snowfire;1472778 wrote: My splenic venting has now become redundant, unless of course we can find someone else to stimulate the purge

Who's it gonna be ?

My dear friend fuzzy.... he can liven up any forum ...

The only problem is his accent ... It is even hard to read ...

Fuzzy

Oscar and Peter

Post by Fuzzy »

I don't have an accent, Bubblepuff, you have.:yh_rotfl
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
AnneBoleyn

Oscar and Peter

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Americans have ways of making Canadians say 'about' instead of 'aboot', & not to end every sentence with 'eh?' Top Secret.
sugarpuff

Oscar and Peter

Post by sugarpuff »

AnneBoleyn;1472820 wrote: Americans have ways of making Canadians say 'about' instead of 'aboot', & not to end every sentence with 'eh?' Top Secret.

Well that how we Spell C A n A d A

that is why Canadian's put an AAAAAAAAAA at the end of their sentences :yh_rotfl

do you understand that now AAAAAAAAAAAA
AnneBoleyn

Oscar and Peter

Post by AnneBoleyn »

sugarpuff;1472893 wrote: Well that how we Spell C A n A d A

that is why Canadian's put an AAAAAAAAAA at the end of their sentences :yh_rotfl

At last! A good explanation! A Thousand Thanks!
spot

Oscar and Peter

Post by spot »

sugarpuff;1472893 wrote: Well that how we Spell C A n A d A

do you understand that now AAAAAAAAAAAA

In Bristol where I mostly lived, we called it Canidal. The accent there is like a disease, everyone has it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Oscar and Peter

Post by spot »

Snowfire;1472778 wrote: My splenic venting has now become redundant, unless of course we can find someone else to stimulate the purge

Who's it gonna be ?

Hey, Boop... customer in aisle 4.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
sugarpuff

Oscar and Peter

Post by sugarpuff »

spot;1472898 wrote: Hey, Boop... customer in aisle 4.

I am not in aisle 4 ....... I am in aisle 5 :yh_rotfl
Fuzzy

Oscar and Peter

Post by Fuzzy »

While you in 5, Puffy, could you check the price on dog food, please?
LarsMac

Oscar and Peter

Post by LarsMac »

Wait a minute!

Dog food is aisle 7
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Fuzzy

Oscar and Peter

Post by Fuzzy »

LarsMac;1472914 wrote: Wait a minute!

Dog food is aisle 7

****, that's where I am.
sugarpuff

Oscar and Peter

Post by sugarpuff »

Fuzzy;1472915 wrote: ****, that's where I am.

then it is time to get new glasses ..
Fuzzy

Oscar and Peter

Post by Fuzzy »

sugarpuff;1472916 wrote: then it is time to get new glasses ..

I don't need them. I drink out of the bottle.
sugarpuff

Oscar and Peter

Post by sugarpuff »

Fuzzy;1472918 wrote: I don't need them. I drink out of the bottle.

I bet you eat out of a bowl as well ....

which one is it ..
FourPart

Oscar and Peter

Post by FourPart »

sugarpuff;1472916 wrote: then it is time to get new glasses ..
That's the Specsavers section, down in Aisle 9. Careful, Fuzzy. The Meat Pie Filling is in the next Aisle along.

I call Canada Canadia.

As far as bogus suffixes in language are concerned, the one that grates the most, for me, is the increasing trend in 'English' English to adding 'Innit' to every sentence, and then the response of 'Whatever''. Whoever began this garbage?
spot

Oscar and Peter

Post by spot »

FourPart;1472929 wrote: As far as bogus suffixes in language are concerned, the one that grates the most, for me, is the increasing trend in 'English' English to adding 'Innit' to every sentence, and then the response of 'Whatever''. Whoever began this garbage?

That Immy, if I remember. When she next turns up, check if I'm right.
Fuzzy

Oscar and Peter

Post by Fuzzy »

FourPart;1472929 wrote: That's the Specsavers section, down in Aisle 9. Careful, Fuzzy. The Meat Pie Filling is in the next Aisle along.

I call Canada Canadia.

As far as bogus suffixes in language are concerned, the one that grates the most, for me, is the increasing trend in 'English' English to adding 'Innit' to every sentence, and then the response of 'Whatever''. Whoever began this garbage?

The official name, actually, is Canuckistan.

And talking about pommy language, I think it's an art. I mean, which letter could I leave out of my next sentence to receive a rousing applause? Trouble is, they can't think of something new, it's always the same old letters. So absolutely boring, innit? Dya know wot a mean?
High Threshold

Oscar and Peter

Post by High Threshold »

I agree with you. The “ignore” function isn't as much as a silent punishment for the antagonist as it is a measure of insurance that you won't be subjected to “the last drop” and give it back in kind. It helps you to maintain your own integrity at a time when you feel your limits are nearing. I have been compelled to place only one person on that list - and I feel liberated.
AnneBoleyn

Oscar and Peter

Post by AnneBoleyn »

High Threshold;1472947 wrote: I agree with you. The “ignore” function isn't as much as a silent punishment for the antagonist as it is a measure of insurance that you won't be subjected to “the last drop” and give it back in kind. It helps you to maintain your own integrity at a time when you feel your limits are nearing. I have been compelled to place only one person on that list - and I feel liberated.

It's me. HT is still pissed off over Jane Fonda. He also dropped me from his friend's list. We used to share many a confidence, & his stubborn attitude has hurt my feelings & I cringe when I see his name. As I have said many times, most people Never Forgive. The fact that he has mentioned this twice already, the Ignore I mean, & his "liberation" just shows me I was wrong about him & he is a very nasty man. And why twice? A need to rub it in? To belittle & hurt a person hurt enough by life already? Thank goodness this is only a message board.
tude dog

Oscar and Peter

Post by tude dog »

High Threshold;1472947 wrote: I agree with you. The “ignore” function isn't as much as a silent punishment for the antagonist as it is a measure of insurance that you won't be subjected to “the last drop” and give it back in kind. It helps you to maintain your own integrity at a time when you feel your limits are nearing. I have been compelled to place only one person on that list - and I feel liberated.

I have considered the 'ignore' option, but that won't work for me.

There were times, not only on this site, when I give up and just tell somebody they can have the "last word." That never works well. So I just don't answer anymore.

You see, I just can't walk away without looking back
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Saint_

Oscar and Peter

Post by Saint_ »

tude dog;1472987 wrote:

I just can't walk away...at all. I'm not sure this ignore thing is going to work. I keep obsessing over what's being hidden.
High Threshold

Oscar and Peter

Post by High Threshold »

tude dog;1472987 wrote: I have considered the 'ignore' option, but that won't work for me.

There were times, not only on this site, when I give up and just tell somebody they can have the "last word." That never works well. So I just don't answer anymore.

I agree with you. The problem arises when someone you trust (others are irrelevant) has broken your trust and/or insulted you without due cause. Once is OK but more than that is not. I'm not American and I don't play baseball. I give 2 strikes …. then they're out. I don't need responsibility if there is no appreciation. If misery loves company then they'll have to find someone else to share it with.
High Threshold

Oscar and Peter

Post by High Threshold »

Saint_;1472988 wrote: I just can't walk away...at all. I'm not sure this ignore thing is going to work. I keep obsessing over what's being hidden.

Struth! You are in deep ****! :wah:
FourPart

Oscar and Peter

Post by FourPart »

I thought the Ignore function was just to protect from Private Messages.
High Threshold

Oscar and Peter

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1472999 wrote: I thought the Ignore function was just to protect from Private Messages.

Ha-ha! No. I affords FULL protection.
Bruv

Oscar and Peter

Post by Bruv »

The Ignore button is the same as closing your eyes, putting your fingers in your ears and singing la la la.........it's what kids do.

I could happily live my life without certain people in it, not all of them are online, I manage to navigate through my life without too much of a problem.
FourPart

Oscar and Peter

Post by FourPart »

When someone talks about you behind your back, not listening doesn't mean they stop talking about you.
Betty Boop

Oscar and Peter

Post by Betty Boop »

FourPart;1473018 wrote: When someone talks about you behind your back, not listening doesn't mean they stop talking about you.

No, but it is you that chooses to be bothered about it... or not.
Bruv

Oscar and Peter

Post by Bruv »

I always say "If someone is saying true things about me, I have no defence, and if it untrue, I don't care"

But if you you visit a forum and cut out others out.......just switch your PC off and don't bother.
AnneBoleyn

Oscar and Peter

Post by AnneBoleyn »

High Threshold;1472997 wrote: I agree with you. The problem arises when someone you trust (others are irrelevant) has broken your trust and/or insulted you without due cause. Once is OK but more than that is not. I'm not American and I don't play baseball. I give 2 strikes …. then they're out. I don't need responsibility if there is no appreciation. If misery loves company then they'll have to find someone else to share it with.

Since I am obviously a better person on the Human Being scale (you may call me HighER Threshold) I will be Ignoring your Ignore. I am also a more forgiving, understanding, compassionate friend. I have apologized, but only 2 times so I'm out. That's not my truth in my world. I'll share your misery (not that I ever gave you any to grieve over except a misunderstanding) because that's what a friend shows, Strength. It takes a strong person to be mature, not childish; you break, I bend. You obviously put great trust in me, I failed you and came crashing down from the pedestal you placed me on. I'm only a human being, afterall.

You see, sometimes something interesting you say wants my comments, my input, my opinions. Since I'm ignored, you won't see it, but others will & I'm hoping if it is provocative enough, others will have the necessary gumption to give me the courtesy of a comment or answer.

Don't be afraid, I promise never to offend your delicate feelings again, mamselle. I'll walk on eggshells, I'm graceful enough to do that.
Bruv

Oscar and Peter

Post by Bruv »

Annie Annie Annie....perhaps it's not worth it.........if you are on ignore he can't see.........do you want me to "quote" you ?
sugarpuff

Oscar and Peter

Post by sugarpuff »

Bruv;1473033 wrote: I always say "If someone is saying true things about me, I have no defence, and if it untrue, I don't care"

But if you you visit a forum and cut out others out.......just switch your PC off and don't bother.

I say almost the same thing as you ...Anyone who's know me .. know how I am .. and the ones that don't know me ...

and judges me from what others say .. aren't worth known and I really don't care ...

Genuine people know how to make up their own opinions on people .. and don't judge people from what others say ...

I know for a fact .. that someone on here was talking about me ...

Little did she know,,, members who hardly knew me ...wrote me and told me what she had said ...

I didn't comment or write anything to give her any satisfaction ...

I have great respect for the ones who informed me of her comments ..

Return to “General Chit Chat”