Leggings

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
stiffer

Leggings

Post by stiffer »

Some of the women's leggings don't leave much to the imagination do they? some look lovely in them, but others well!! what do you think?
along-for-the-ride

Leggings

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Leggings look fine to me with a tunic top and boots.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Lady J

Leggings

Post by Lady J »

stiffer;1471695 wrote: Some of the women's leggings don't leave much to the imagination do they? some look lovely in them, but others well!! what do you think?

Well...if you are looking at the women from Walmart in leggings you could go blind!:wah:
along-for-the-ride

Leggings

Post by along-for-the-ride »

along-for-the-ride;1471706 wrote: Leggings look fine to me with a tunic top and boots.

Leggings can also work with flats, heels, and sandals too.

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Saint_

Leggings

Post by Saint_ »

The trend here is to wear the leggings...by thmselves. Gross.

FourPart

Leggings

Post by FourPart »

When people talk of Leggings it always puts me in mind of the Dad's Army "Godiva" episode & the wearing of "Fleshings".
Oscar Namechange

Leggings

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Saint_;1471897 wrote: The trend here is to wear the leggings...by thmselves. Gross.

If I looked like that, Id wear them... only I fear I resemble more of a condom full of walnuts
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
FourPart

Leggings

Post by FourPart »

Oscar Namechange;1471960 wrote: If I looked like that, Id wear them... only I fear I resemble more of a condom full of walnuts
TMI - Especially when I'm about to head for bed.
LarsMac

Leggings

Post by LarsMac »

Didn't get a pic, but tonight at the local diner, a rather large woman, came in to dinner wearing such leggings, in a houndstooth patter. The effect was psychadelic.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Leggings

Post by Saint_ »

I'd bash a bit further...but I wore spandex bike shorts in the '80s so I haven't got a leg to stand on.
Oscar Namechange

Leggings

I am going to be sounding like a complete b.itch now but there's a woman In my next road who wears them all the time. I would guess, she's around a size 30 and I mean really obese. I have never got why she wears these leggings. It's not like she wears a long top over them. My husband came home one day and said she was walking up the road In a pair so tight. They were white and he said It was like watching a giant bag of flour wobbling up the road.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Saint_

Leggings

Post by Saint_ »

Yep. I have noticed that the probability that a woman will wear something that shows too much of her shape seems to increase directly in proportion to the amount of shape she has. Go figure.:yh_questn
Oscar Namechange

Leggings

Saint_;1472091 wrote: Yep. I have noticed that the probability that a woman will wear something that shows too much of her shape seems to increase directly in proportion to the amount of shape she has. Go figure.:yh_questn

At a guess. I would Imagine that ladies as large as my neighbour can't find clothes that big that are comfortable for them. Yet, It's such a fright to see.
FourPart

Leggings

Post by FourPart »

Oscar Namechange;1472082 wrote: I am going to be sounding like a complete b.itch now but there's a woman In my next road who wears them all the time. I would guess, she's around a size 30 and I mean really obese. I have never got why she wears these leggings. It's not like she wears a long top over them. My husband came home one day and said she was walking up the road In a pair so tight. They were white and he said It was like watching a giant bag of flour wobbling up the road.
Are you sure they're not meant to be slacks that she's just a little too large for?
Oscar Namechange

Leggings

FourPart;1472144 wrote: Are you sure they're not meant to be slacks that she's just a little too large for?

Slacks ????

You sound like my Father

No, I really think they are leggings. You can see her pants through them.
Snowfire

Leggings

Post by Snowfire »

Oscar Namechange;1472170 wrote: Slacks ????

You sound like my Father

No, I really think they are leggings. You can see her pants through them.

Crimplene slacks ?
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Leggings

Snowfire;1472174 wrote: Crimplene slacks ?

Oh don't... they were horrible... You got electric shocks off them...Thankfully went out with petticoats.
FourPart

Leggings

Post by FourPart »

Oscar Namechange;1472180 wrote: Oh don't... they were horrible... You got electric shocks off them...Thankfully went out with petticoats.

Petticoats are out?
Snowfire

Leggings

Post by Snowfire »

FourPart;1472301 wrote: Petticoats are out?

Well, for us boys, yes
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
flopstock

Leggings

Post by flopstock »

No one over 22 or a size 5 should be wearing them... and no kardashian either.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Oscar Namechange

Leggings

flopstock;1472412 wrote: No one over 22 or a size 5 should be wearing them... and no kardashian either.

I was In Asda once and on my life, there was an obese woman bending over the Pizza freezer In leggings that had seen one too many washes. Now... how can I put this delicately ?

Ummmm It was that time of the month and her fairy hammock was clearly visable.
FourPart

Leggings

Post by FourPart »

Snowfire;1472409 wrote: Well, for us boys, yes

Dang - And I thought I was such a trendsetter.
Beagle

Leggings

Post by Beagle »

Here is a perfect example of why leggings - especially tan - do not work as pants....:)

And people like this probably actually looked in the mirror and said to themselves, "Yep, I look good.....ready to go."

Attached files

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I'd rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
Beagle

Leggings

Post by Beagle »

I'm not sure why my attaching images doesn't work, but ......

in my previous post, here's the picture I was referring to:

ATTENTION: 13 Reasons Why Tan Leggings as Pants Are a Terrible Idea (Page 2) - CollegeHumor Post

Girl in tan leggings with the white, furry boots!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I'd rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.

Return to “The Coffee Shop”