hartlpool united looking to sign ched the rapist evans ...the AA grumpy column

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
FG-administator

Post by FG-administator »

Bruv;1471176 wrote: Jessica Ennis current Olympic heptathlon champion had told the club she wanted her name removed from a stand in her honour if they re-signed the player.

More than 60,000 people have signed a petition calling on Sheffield United not to re-employ disgraced footballer Ched Evans.

Sheffield United Football Club has decided to retract the opportunity for its former player, Ched Evans, to use the Club's facilities for training purposes, as was previously intended.

Members of the Board have consulted dispassionately with the Club's supporters, Vice Presidents, Community Foundation members, executives, staff, sponsors and other relevant stakeholders in order to help it reach this decision.

Wonderfully collated. I still count only one season ticket holder applying publicity-led pressure. We were discussing the attending crowd's reaction, if you recall.

☎|||||||||||

Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FG;1471179 wrote: Wonderfully collated. I still count only one season ticket holder applying publicity-led pressure. We were discussing the attending crowd's reaction, if you recall.

I must admit that it was headlines such as that of the second article that had formed my opinion.
FG-administator

Bryn Mawr;1471184 wrote: I must admit that it was headlines such as that of the second article that had formed my opinion.

Then I suggest there's no evidence that even a small but significant proportion of those 60,000 were active match attendees.

☎|||||||||||

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

If you were a shareholder of the club, would you take the chance of playing him ?

It is purely a financial decision on their part.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FG-administator

Bruv;1471187 wrote: If you were a shareholder of the club, would you take the chance of playing him ?

It is purely a financial decision on their part.Were I a shareholder of the club I'd not want to be reliant on sponsorship in the first place. I have a product worth selling in various forms. One club playing the chap to a cheering crowd would prick this publicity-driven harassment's claim to represent public opinion.

☎|||||||||||

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

FG;1471193 wrote: Were I a shareholder of the club I'd not want to be reliant on sponsorship in the first place. I have a product worth selling in various forms.
Come the revolution, but until that day the rest of the board would over rule you.

One club playing the chap to a cheering crowd would prick this publicity-driven harassment's claim to represent public opinion.
Maybe, but the chance is too great. The Sun Newspaper ?

I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Return to “General Chit Chat”