That time of year again

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I'm off Saturday to Cheltenham to get some Grade 1 horse snot blown over me In the pre parade ring.. Some real class acts here I hope to get some pics of

Champagne West

Solar Impulse

Blaklion

The New One

Lac Fontana

Rock On Ruby

Ulzana's Raid

Think I'll give Port Melon a wide berth In the parade ring just Incase he fancies taking out a few spectators again

But who's that lurking In the 3.10 race ? Watch out watch out Mad Moose Is about.... Last chance Moose...

At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

This got Mad Moose his 9 month ban.

Last chance with the BHA Saturday..
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Very sad day today at Cheltenham... another champion loses his life In the Glenfarclas Cross Country. 4 and a half miles, 32 Obstacles... I'd put this race as more testing than the Grand National. The 2012 Champion of this race Big Shu lost his life today. Jockey pulled him up as soon as he realised something was wrong but It appears he suffered a heart attack and was put to sleep on the course.

My sincere condolences to connections and Peter Maher and Caroline Woods.

The sadness was tinged with somewhat of a bittersweet joy at seeing Any Currency win the race after he was mugged on the line by Balthazar King In the same race In March.
LarsMac

That time of year again

Post by LarsMac »

Oscar Namechange;1469190 wrote: This got Mad Moose his 9 month ban.

Last chance with the BHA Saturday..

I don't understand why they keep trying. He obviously likes to run, but doesn't play well with the other horses.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

LarsMac;1469243 wrote: I don't understand why they keep trying. He obviously likes to run, but doesn't play well with the other horses.

Because he's actually very, very talented and when In the mood, devastating, even gave the mighty Sprinter Sacre a scare once at Cheltenham... the problem Is getting him In the mood. Three years ago, he was doing this.

7/9/2011 1/5 11-5 Utto 16f Gd/Fm 4 S Twiston-Davies N A Twiston-Davies Mad Moose (IRE) 7/2 3/1 video available

20/8/2011 1/17 11-6 129 Newt 22f Gd/Sft 2 William Twiston-Davies N A Twiston-Davies Mad Moose (IRE) 14/1 14/1 video available

5/8/2011 1/5 11-1 Worc 20f Gd 4 S Twiston-Davies N A Twiston-Davies Mad Moose (IRE) 4/1 9/2 video available
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

My bets for tomorrow on Day Two of Cheltenham Trials

12.15 - Karezak Win

12.50 - Champagne West Win

1.25 - Bold Henry Win

2.00 - No Buts Each Way

2.35 - Blaklion Win

3.10 - The New One Win

3.45 - Rock On Ruby Win

Just a small bet On Mad Moose... well, you never know
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

While the Mad Moose Fan club ponders ' will he, won't he ?' You have to feel for his owner...

Taken from Facebook..

Dave Arthur

1 hr · Taunton ·

Off to Cheltenham tomorrow to see if Mad Moose will behave himself in the 15.10 race, the StanJames International Hurdle after his 12 month ban. Going to be an exciting/frustrating/ fascinating/disappointing/brilliant day.

Like · · Share

12 people like this.
FourPart

That time of year again

Post by FourPart »

LarsMac;1469243 wrote: I don't understand why they keep trying. He obviously likes to run, but doesn't play well with the other horses.
That's an interesting concept.

I know that horses are Herd creatures, and that their natural instinct would probably be to run at their best when with the herd, but out of curiosity are there any events where (as with Show-Jumping, for instance) they run the same set distance individually against the clock?

Obviously owners are likely to do this with their own stables to monitor their form during training, but it might be interesting to have it as an separate event in competition (if it doesn't exist already).
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Oscar Namechange;1469248 wrote: My bets for tomorrow on Day Two of Cheltenham Trials

12.15 - Karezak Win

12.50 - Champagne West Win

1.25 - Bold Henry Win

2.00 - No Buts Each Way

2.35 - Blaklion Win

3.10 - The New One Win

3.45 - Rock On Ruby Win

Just a small bet On Mad Moose... well, you never know

Tired, cold and hungry but what a great days racing ?

Karezak 2nd

Champagne West Winner

Bold Henry 4th

No Buts Fell

Blacklion Winner

The New One Winner

Rock On Ruby Winner

Sizable profit on the day.

Mad Moose... did he, didn't he ? Today, I witnessed history... more when I've had coffee
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

For me, the highlight of the day was seeing The New One accelerating up the Cheltenham Hill when those around him tired. If my memory serves me correctly, he's only the second hurdler to win back to back, The International Hurdle since the early 90's.

It's highly likely he'll be targeted for the Christmas Hurdle now on Boxing Day at Kempton Park but today he qualified for the Champion Hurdle In March. He's really the best English bet we have for that race although I won't rule out Jezki... The only fly In the ointment I feel to both races Is Faugheen, bloody Willie Mullin's superstar hurdler.

Also fantastic to see the former Champion Hurdler Rock On Ruby regain his form.

So... The Moose... Did he or didn't he ?

He came, he strutted his stuff to perfection In the pre-parade and parade ring. Down to the start and as usual, there was trainer Nigel Twiston-Davies at the start to spur him on. Slight change of tactics with Nigel getting him In the middle of the other runners and not on the edge as previous races before the tape went up. He'd had a lovely day out and a lark about with some other horses .... the tape went up... the field galloped off toward the first hurdle and Mad Moose... Errrrrrrrr Nope... He wan't going anywhere and refused to start. Nigel threw his belt In frustration and the BHA gave The Moose the red card. Yet, this has to be the only horse who gets a standing ovation and cheers from the thousands on the course for doing absolutely bugger all.

I probably witnessed history as this Is well likely the last time we ever see him on a British race course again.

Got some pics of the bad boy though.

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Champagne West and The New One today

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Today's race with Mad Moose, the International Hurdle..... or not as the case was for The Moose.

Video | The Jockey Club
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Breaking news a few minutes ago...

Mad Moose officially retired
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

That's my tickets for Kempton Park booked for Boxing Day.... and who else Is going to be there parading , It's been announced.

Oh joy of joy

To amend the opening sequence

5 King Georges

4 Betfair Chase's

2 Tingle Creeks

2 Gold Cups

:yh_worshp:yh_worshp:yh_worshp:yh_worshp
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

FFS

One whiff of Willie Mullin's unbeaten new kid on the block and trainers drop their entries out of The Christmas Hurdle on Boxing Day like rats leaving a sinking ship. 6 years old... 7 starts... 7 wins... It's fair to believe he's untouchable, hence the short price... If he wins this, I suspect the same may happen In the Champion Hurdle In March.

However, I thought that a year ago In this race with The New One when a massive blunder at the last hurdle cost me £500 and gave the race to My Tent Or Yours.

But, can The New One beat him ? 6 years old... 18 starts... 13 wins... 4 placed

This really Is down to who's the fittest on the day and ground conditions.... Sadly, as much as I'd like to see Twiston-Davies claim this one just to compensate for all that malarky with The Moose, I can't see Mullin's upstart getting beaten although I do believe It will be very close.

Just four runners remain.

Faugheen 4/9

The New One 2/1

Irving 3/1

Blue Heron 14/1
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

One of my racing pals just sent me this pic just to annoy me...

It's bloody Willie Mullin's with his Irish raiders on their was to Kempton Park on Boxing Day..

On the left, Champagne Fever for the King George and the right Faugheen for the Christmas Hurdle

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Over to Ascot tomorrow where some class acts line up.

12.50 Champagne Present has the mighty AP McCoy on board hence the short price but I'll be going with Desilvano each way.

13.20 Straight win Dance Floor King..

13.55 Straight win Emerging Talent..

14.30 Straight Win Pit Zig..

15.05 Straight win Spartan Angel..

15.40 Straight win Rio Treasure..
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Oscar Namechange;1469580 wrote: Over to Ascot tomorrow where some class acts line up.

12.50 Champagne Present has the mighty AP McCoy on board hence the short price but I'll be going with Desilvano each way.

13.20 Straight win Dance Floor King..

13.55 Straight win Emerging Talent..

14.30 Straight Win Pit Zig..

15.05 Straight win Spartan Angel..

15.40 Straight win Rio Treasure..

Desilvano ...Winner.... 3/1

Dance Floor King.... Winner.... 10/3

Pit Zig.... Winner... 6/4

Spartan Angel.... 2nd

Rio Treasure.... 3rd

Small profit on the day
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Those who don't have me on facebook will have to take my word for this.... As I have only got back today, I put this on Facebook but not here....

Julie Ubedizzy Lake

17 December at 16:40 ·

JLT Long Walk Hurdle, Ascot Saturday.... £200 REVE DE SIVOLA....

Like · · Share

James Anderson and Dominic Spiller like this.

James Anderson It would be nice to see him win that race again. I backed him in it two years ago and he won well. I wasn't brave enough to put that amount on though

17 December at 21:02 · Unlike · 1

Julie Ubedizzy Lake Zarkander worries me... he's the danger for me

17 December at 22:19 · Like

James Anderson Yes he could be

17 December at 22:20 · Unlike · 1

Julie Ubedizzy Lake I'm thinking of a reversed forecast also to hedge my bets

17 December at 22:20 · Like · 1

Steve Smith yeah gutsy zarkander but reve does seem to thrive in that race

18 December at 07:09 · Unlike · 1

James Anderson Well done with the success, great finish it was and better still if you did the reverse forecast too

7 hrs · Unlike · 1

Julie Ubedizzy Lake I did mate... I did

Just now · Like

Reve De Sivola .... winner.... 13/2

Zarkander..... 2nd

Very decent profilt
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Oscar Namechange;1469089 wrote: Done It

THE KING GEORGE ON BOXING DAY

Taken 11/4 £500 win Siviniaco Conti

Taken 25/1 £100 each way Taquin Du Suille

Taken 25/1 £100 each way Smad Place

Result of The 2014 King George Kempton, Boxing Day

Taquin Du Suille.... Non Runner, money refunded

Smad Place .... Non Runner money refunded.

The Winner for the 2nd year and Paul Nicholl's 9th winner of this race.

Once again, the little brown jobby who nobody notices In the parade ring, makes my Christmas a Christmas Cracker... Hail the new king.

Silviniaco Conti..

Faugheen wins the Christmas Hurdle for Willie Mullins and makes It 8 from 8.
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Thanks to Sam Twiston-Davis for this pic...

While the Grade 1s lined up Boxing Day, to do battle, one pesky devil was out having the time of his life with Sam doing what he loves, hunting.

Mad Moose Boxing Day

Meanwhile, Over In Leopardstown, Ireland today, The Fly silences those doubters that he's past his best with another win this season over the The Champion Hurdler, Jezki...

Sets up a fantastic showdown In the 2015 Champion Hurdle. with Hurricane Fly not quite out of the picture yet... Another of Mullin's superstars

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Utter perfection.

A game 2 nd from that beautiful, beautiful boy Dynaste with Tom Scu aboard. Someone I could get quite naughty with given half a chance... Wait until he gets to Cheltenham on the left handed track Instead of right handed for a difference but a magnificent race from him.

Nicholl's announces, Silviniaco Conti will go straight to the Gold Cup In March now.

Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

If I was In a position to give an award for 2014, I'd make It the award for bravery and award It to Reve De Sivola out of all the races this year. A small field but up against the mighty Zarkander...an absolute warrior of a horse who like Somersby gives his all every time.

I had a big bet here at £200 win and coming to the last hurdle, I believed my money was gone. What a comeback. What bravery. Has to be the best finish of the year.

Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Might just mozzy on down to Cheltenham tomorrow for a days racing and I can't think of a better way to kick off 2015.

Some old favourites of mine will be parading so I'll likely brave the cold and wet and get down there.

12.10.... a race wide open to any of them so I'll take a punt with a small win on Different Gravey.

12.45 some entrants here I have soft spots for Pigeon Island, Shakalakaboomboom and Alfie Spinner and would love to see them return to form but realistically,.Theatrical Star each way

1.20 I think this Is a two horse race and can't call between Ptit Zig and Champagne West.... I'll stick my neck out and go for a win on Champagne West

1.55 Heyyyyy It's Hunty, Hunt Ball...I'll have a small each way punt on him and also another old favourite of mine, Rolling Aces but to win,Bailey's Concerto..

2.30 and a serious bet here on Ulzana's Raid

3.05 Would love to see Rock On Ruby win this. I think Vaniteux will be hard to beat but what the heck, I'll go with Ruby
FourPart

That time of year again

Post by FourPart »

After watching that video, I couldn't help wondering how Mad Moose would fare in that sort of race. It sounds like the problems he's had thus far have been with the starting gate. This sort of race doesn't use the gate.
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

FourPart;1470532 wrote: After watching that video, I couldn't help wondering how Mad Moose would fare in that sort of race. It sounds like the problems he's had thus far have been with the starting gate. This sort of race doesn't use the gate.

The Moose has refused with and without starting gates. They've tried him on Hurdling, steeple chasing and the Flat... He's refused on all.

His last race two weeks ago... no starting gate.

http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/20 ... 3/14565125
FourPart

That time of year again

Post by FourPart »

Ah. Well, a lot of people round here run buggies. Maybe....
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

FourPart;1470536 wrote: Ah. Well, a lot of people round here run buggies. Maybe....My own personal opinion for what It's worth and I'm no expert on horse physche but I'm of the opinion that the horse Is so unusually highly Intelligent that he has a very low boredom threshold. ... He's just been sold this week and Is going back to his original schooler for a career In Hunting. We'll miss him. It's the likes of The Moose that make racing so much fun.
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Oscar Namechange;1470529 wrote: Might just mozzy on down to Cheltenham tomorrow for a days racing and I can't think of a better way to kick off 2015.

Some old favourites of mine will be parading so I'll likely brave the cold and wet and get down there.

12.10.... a race wide open to any of them so I'll take a punt with a small win on Different Gravey.

12.45 some entrants here I have soft spots for Pigeon Island, Shakalakaboomboom and Alfie Spinner and would love to see them return to form but realistically,.Theatrical Star each way

1.20 I think this Is a two horse race and can't call between Ptit Zig and Champagne West.... I'll stick my neck out and go for a win on Champagne West

1.55 Heyyyyy It's Hunty, Hunt Ball...I'll have a small each way punt on him and also another old favourite of mine, Rolling Aces but to win,Bailey's Concerto..

2.30 and a serious bet here on Ulzana's Raid

3.05 Would love to see Rock On Ruby win this. I think Vaniteux will be hard to beat but what the heck, I'll go with Ruby
Today was one of those days when seeing something special takes precedent over winning money.

12.10 Different Gravey 4 th

12.45 Theatrical Star unseated rider

1.20 Well I was right In this was a two horse race and my estimation was that the winner and runner up were at least 20 lengths clear of the rest of the field. Yet, I called the wrong one with Champagne West 2nd. Ptit Zig today was one of the most Impressive novices I have seen for a long time who accelerated away on the long run In, up the hill, Considering the horse had just won and raced a few days ago, this was a mightily Impressive performance for me. I predict after todays performance from this very young novice, Paul Nicholl's will take him straight to The JLT Novices Chase In March.

1.55 I was actually pleased to see Splash Of Ginge win here after his terrible fall last time out but this race gave me and Hunty's fans an awesome sight. After the muppett Anthony Knott sold Hunt Ball to America and the ensuing farce to get him back and In Nicky Henderrson's yard, I don't think anyone cared what he did today. Just to see him again was worth the trip but better was to come. We saw the old Hunty who led the entire 2 and half miles until taken over by Ginge on the run In. To see that boy come storming up the Cheltenham Hill made my year and many others given the cheers he received. Hunt Ball 2 nd at 14/1 gave me an unexpected place pay out.

14.30.. No winner for me here but again and unexpected high to see Bothy run a magnificent race and slip Into 3rd. Out of action since 2010, we love to see old warriors come back and see their trainers never give up on them.

15.05 A winner with Rock on Ruby beating Vaniteux...Again, fantastic to see the 2012 Champion Hurdler silence the critics. This Is going to be very Interesting now with two horses the pundits wrote off due to age. Hurricane Fly the 2013 Champion Hurdler winning last 3 outings over In Ireland had his 11 th birthday today as did Rock On Ruby who was 10 today. Three wins on the bounce also has now upset all the pundit predictions for March with two former champions written off but refusing to go down quietly. I predict Harry Fry will take Rock On Ruby straight to The World Hurdle now In March and Mullins may target to Champion Hurdle.

Broke even on the day.

Hunt Ball right and Rock On Ruby left today

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Missed out this pic... fantastic to see him again New Years Day

Shakalakaboomboom

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

News from neighing circles....

Sire De Grugy's trainer Gary Moore Is apparently delighted with the recovery from the hip problem and Is targeting him to the Game Spirit Chase at Newbury 7th February.... all going well, we will get to see him at Cheltenham after all.
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Just a couple of selections for me tomorrow.

Kempton

14.10... Yay It's Hunty.... Hunt Ball straight win

14.40...Dell' Arca each way

15.50 Masters Hill win

Just one each way bet at Punchestown.

16.00 Rolly Baby
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Oscar Namechange;1471261 wrote: Just a couple of selections for me tomorrow.

Kempton

14.10... Yay It's Hunty.... Hunt Ball straight win

14.40...Dell' Arca each way

15.50 Masters Hill win

Just one each way bet at Punchestown.

16.00 Rolly Baby No winners for me here although almost with Masters Hill getting chinned on the line In a photograph finish. Hunt Ball 3 rd
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Some very exciting news from the Henderson yard... Sprinter Sacre excelled In his gallop last week with no sign of the heart problem that has put him out for a year, he will make his seasonal debut on Saturday. All going well, we may just see the clash we all hoped for In March In The Queen Mother Champion Chase with Sire De Grugy.

One novice who Impressed me massively at the weekend was Dan Skelton's 5 year old Three Muskateers winning at Warwick by 20 lengths In filthy conditions. I'm In no doubt he'll be targeted now for one of the Novice Hurdles In March and from what I saw, much take serious consideration.
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Over 2,000 views eh ? That's a lot of people looking In to see If I've lost my money.

So now I have a dilemma.... I can get Evens right now for Sprinter Sacre for Saturday and have a nice nest egg In my account to legally buy money here but... If I take Evens now, and Henderson see's one drop of rain, he'll withdraw Sprinter from the race, losing me my stake. Yet, If I wait til Saturday for a final declaration, I can see him drifting In as much as 1/4 possibly 1/7 on the day.

The only entrant that would even slightly trouble him early on Is Dodging Bullets, who won for me a few weeks ago but considering Sprinter beat the fastest horse In training, Sizing Europe by 19 lengths In the 2013 Queen Mother Champion Chase, he'll be outclassed all the way.

I shall ponder overnight.
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Much debate In the racing world on whether Sprinter Sacre will run tomorrow after Henderson said he may leave the decision until the morning of the race.

At Ascot, little to tempt me In way of a bet but I'll go each way with Dark Spirit In the 13.50 Mares Hurdle.... A young Mare I will be looking at for the OLBG Mares Hurdle In March.

15.00 The bookies still have Sprinter Sacre at around 4/5. I'm guessing this Is to attract the bankers on the chance of a no run and lost stake. I am waiting until the moment he enters the parade ring when I'm sure as many others will, at that precise time, pick up the phone to their William Hill account. If he's pulled, I'll go with that old warrior Somersby.

15.35 Ballinvarrig Win
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Oscar Namechange;1471650 wrote: Much debate In the racing world on whether Sprinter Sacre will run tomorrow after Henderson said he may leave the decision until the morning of the race.

At Ascot, little to tempt me In way of a bet but I'll go each way with Dark Spirit In the 13.50 Mares Hurdle.... A young Mare I will be looking at for the OLBG Mares Hurdle In March.

15.00 The bookies still have Sprinter Sacre at around 4/5. I'm guessing this Is to attract the bankers on the chance of a no run and lost stake. I am waiting until the moment he enters the parade ring when I'm sure as many others will, at that precise time, pick up the phone to their William Hill account. If he's pulled, I'll go with that old warrior Somersby.

15.35 Ballinvarrig Win

These Bookies arn't daft are they ? I was probably one of many who picked up the phone the moment Sprinter Sacre walked Into the parade ring.

One horse earned his ticket to the Cheltenham Festival today and goes straight to the Queen Mother Champion Chase In March.

My heartiest congratulations to Paul Nicholl's.....Dodging Bullets beat Sprinter Sacre

No winners for me today... a loss on the day.
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Sites and Facebook tonight are awash with debate on Sprinter Sacre getting beaten today. Remembering that Timeform gave him a rating of 192 following the 2013 Queen Mother Champion Chase, the highest ever of our generation.

This result today has thrown the 2015 Queen Mother Champion Chase wide open.

With Sire De Grugy returning from being out of action, Sprinter Sacre getting beaten today and the class act today that was Dodging Bullets...It's not going to be cut and dried as we thought. Henderson Is a canny trainer and there was every possibility that he set Geraghty Instructions not to drive the horse or take him off the bridle even If It meant a loss.

In the 2014 Queen Mum, Sire De Grugy won with the absence of Sprinter but there was one horse that fell at the 4th that could have made a difference.

Dodging Bullets now goes In the market at 12/1

The experts are actually tipping my beautiful special boy Dynaste as the best each way bet at 8/1 and I'd have to agree. But that horse who fell at the 4th last year has to be the most overlooked and ultra consistent 2 miler.... For that reason, It'd be rude not to take 33/1 each way.... that old warrior..... Somersby...
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Over at Haydock Park today The New One scores another win but at 1/6 I wasn't going there. He's In great shape for the Champion Hurdle In March.
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Here;s a sight no-one ever believed we'd see.

Picture care of Channel Four racing..

Dodging Bullets takes the last ahead of Sprinter Sacre.... pic of the day.

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Ahhhhh here we go

It's been reported that In the post race vet check, Sprinter Sacre was found to be bleeding.
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Over In Ireland today Willie Mullin's Vautour notches up another win cementing his bid for one of the Novices Championships In March. I knew he'd win but wasn't going there at 1/5

Now I've mentioned so many of the superstars and so many of them earning their tickets for the finals In March, I'll post these again for those remotely Interested... Some of names we'll see In March.........Over 2,000 views.... someone's looking In haha

RIP Solwhit, Our Conor, Big Shu

Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Tomorrow

13.50 Cheltenham - DYNASTE (9/4, bet365)

15.15 Doncaster - EASTER DAY (5/1, Paddy Power)

15.35 Cheltenham - SAPHIR DU RHEU (2/1, Paddy Power)

Straight wins on each and a straight treble at 55/1

I'll be In London and will miss out on seeing that beautiful boy Dynaste... just come safe boy
Oscar Namechange

That time of year again

Oscar Namechange;1472545 wrote: Tomorrow

13.50 Cheltenham - DYNASTE (9/4, bet365)

15.15 Doncaster - EASTER DAY (5/1, Paddy Power)

15.35 Cheltenham - SAPHIR DU RHEU (2/1, Paddy Power)

Straight wins on each and a straight treble at 55/1

I'll be In London and will miss out on seeing that beautiful boy Dynaste... just come safe boy

Quite frustrating day In only one respect that our phones had to be switched off all day and I couldn't sneak a peek to see how Dynaste had done. Having just got home, the result actually has a benefit. This race will have given him a good work out and no denying, this boy loves Cheltenham. The result today means he may drift out further on the market for the Gold Cup In March. As much as I rate Silviniaco who Dynaste came In behind In the King George In December, past performance at Cheltenham shows Silviniaco Conti does struggle with the hill on the run In. The hill that Dynaste swatted aside In The Ryanair Chase In March 2014. Could make a serious each way bet for the Gold Cup on Dynaste.

I3.50 Dynaste 3rd I and a quarter length behind winner. A neck behind 2nd. Gave his all It appears as always but a class horse won It, Many Clouds, winner of the 2014 Hennessy Gold Cup. Look who was 2nd In this race. AGAIN !!! Seriously, just how many more times can Smad Place be denied victory at Cheltenham ? How many more 2 nd's there ? Still, The Smad earns his way to March this year for another showdown,

15.15 Doncaster.... Non Runner... Bet refund

15.35 .. Saphir Du Rheu.... Winner

Small profit on the day.

Others earning their tickets to the Festival In March at the trials today the 2.25...I am delighted to see Big Fella Thanks return to form with a 2nd place.

3.35 Fantastic... Reve De Sivola qualifies with a 2nd place. Also Un Temps Pour Tout with 3rd

4.10 Brilliant.... Dell' Arca qualifies

The rivals are gradually stacking up for March.

Return to “Sports”