Koi

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Koi

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Anyone keep these ?

I went to a pal of my husbands today and the one thing I was Interested In seeing was the pond he'd built from scratch for his Koi.

He only bought the house In March and the back garden was a tip. I was expecting a pond but was blown away by what he'd built single handed from scratch.

Also blown away by these beautiful fish....

Click on pocs to enlarge

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Saint_

Koi

Post by Saint_ »

Wow. Nice waterworks. I understand that raising Koi is an art form similar in complexity and artistry to Bonsai....both of which are incomprehensible to me.
Oscar Namechange

Koi

Saint_;1469010 wrote: Wow. Nice waterworks. I understand that raising Koi is an art form similar in complexity and artistry to Bonsai....both of which are incomprehensible to me.

That's only half of It Saint... there's a waterfall also and bonsai tree's... I was expecting to see a pond.... that was a work of art. What I didn't know was that each fish Is a different actual species and they are all different.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Koi

Some more of the decking.

Attached files
Bruv

Koi

Post by Bruv »

Thats not a hobby, it's an obsession.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FourPart

Koi

Post by FourPart »

A friend of mine had some koi in her gaqrden pond - until they all got snaffled by some herons.
Oscar Namechange

Koi

FourPart;1469020 wrote: A friend of mine had some koi in her gaqrden pond - until they all got snaffled by some herons.

Good Point... I raised the question of Heron's with him today and he told me he designed the decking and structure specifically to be Heron proof.... There Is no point anywhere, their wingspan will allow them In... now that's clever !!
FourPart

Koi

Post by FourPart »

Actually, that reminds me of an episode of QI, when Jeremy Clarkson (spit) was on there. He was saying that he had tried all sorts of things, including wire mesh & plastic herons (which only served to attract more of them), but eventually found the solution in a plastic crocodile. Apparently it scared the herons witless.
Oscar Namechange

Koi

FourPart;1469067 wrote: Actually, that reminds me of an episode of QI, when Jeremy Clarkson (spit) was on there. He was saying that he had tried all sorts of things, including wire mesh & plastic herons (which only served to attract more of them), but eventually found the solution in a plastic crocodile. Apparently it scared the herons witless.

I also saw that episode.

My brother also has a beautiful pond of Koi. In summer, It's a very beautiful place to sit as the waterfall Is on 3 levels and travels half the length of his garden starting at approx 5 ft high... all around Is various types of bamboo... He bought the plastic herons and they did nothing to scare them off. Then he bought the croc and bingo !!!

The one I went to yesterday, has Herons that apparently sit on his neighbours roof salivating at his fish but there's not enough room In the structure anywhere to get the swoop.. I can't put his name here as he doesn't like publicity but In the Fish world, he's very famous. If you googled his name, he's all over google and written various books available on Amazon.
FourPart

Koi

Post by FourPart »

Oscar Namechange;1469075 wrote: I also saw that episode.

My brother also has a beautiful pond of Koi. In summer, It's a very beautiful place to sit as the waterfall Is on 3 levels and travels half the length of his garden starting at approx 5 ft high... all around Is various types of bamboo... He bought the plastic herons and they did nothing to scare them off. Then he bought the croc and bingo !!!

The one I went to yesterday, has Herons that apparently sit on his neighbours roof salivating at his fish but there's not enough room In the structure anywhere to get the swoop.. I can't put his name here as he doesn't like publicity but In the Fish world, he's very famous. If you googled his name, he's all over google and written various books available on Amazon.

It's J. R. Hartley !!

;-)
JuliaFord

Koi

Post by JuliaFord »

Wow, Very nice, my brother has one as well.
Wordpress Plugin-Free Online Games
Guppers

Koi

Post by Guppers »

Beautiful koi pond! Very zen
barrykid

Koi

Post by barrykid »

That is a really beautiful build. Koi fish are mesmerizing to stare at. At times, it calms me down.

Return to “Pets Animals”