The 10 Commandments are Done Away.

Discuss the Christian Faith.
sheep

Post by sheep »

`

Are we so ignorant of the New Covenant that we don't understand that ALL OF THE OLD COVENANT IS irrelevant to those who are followers of the teachings of Christ? Real Christians follow Christ and his teachings on loving all men, not punishing others for their transgressions and don't care for material possessions as they care only about peoples spiritual wellbeing (how they live) and don't need other rules.

2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

2Co 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

2Co 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

2Co 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

2Co 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Clearly the reference to that which is done away is to the 10 commandments, as it was written and engraved in stone. The spirit is given to those who embrace Christ and his teachings.

Joh 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

According to Jesus' words, the Comforter/Holy Spirit is given contingent upon keeping His Commandments: which is what Paul is referencing above.

Gal 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

Gal 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Gal 4:27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

An allegory is a parallel example. Those who follow the law are Agar's children. Those who follow Christ (the NEW covenant) are Sarah's.

Heb 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling (CANCELLATION) of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

Heb 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

The King of the Jews is Jesus, not Moses. The gospel of the Kingdom are the teachings of the kingdom that Jesus taught. The Kingdom of heaven is comprised of those who embrace and live by Jesus' teachings.
Atheists have a belief system which is based upon not one shred of factual evidence.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

"The King of the Jews is Jesus, not Moses. The gospel of the Kingdom are the teachings of the kingdom that Jesus taught. The Kingdom of heaven is comprised of those who embrace and live by Jesus' teachings."

Jews do not accept Jesus. Period. Believe it or not, I have never even heard any Jew mention Jesus in company with other Jews. You are preaching conversion & after 2,000 years we are sick of your vain attempts. Go convert a Hindu or something & leave Jews alone. He is not considered the Messiah no matter what you preach, no matter how hard you proselytize.

Don't mean to sound harsh, you've got to walk the walk. Jewish people do not need or want Jesus. That's all folks.

eta---Personally, I have nothing against discussing Jesus. I'm rare. Jews do not deal in conversions, we leave that to you. Jews have never sought converts.
sheep

Post by sheep »

Wow, with intolerance like that towards others, sounds like you are describing exactly a person that is in need of embracing Jesus.
Atheists have a belief system which is based upon not one shred of factual evidence.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

sheep;1468598 wrote: Wow, sounds like you are exactly the one who needs Jesus.

Don't worry, I like him just fine. Jesus is just all right with me. Oh yeah.
sheep

Post by sheep »

Sorry I changed my post before you posted your last one...lol

BTW, I happen to know some Jews and they are not as intolerant as you expressed in that post.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I am not intolerant at all. That's because I consider myself to primarily be a human being, not a religion or ethnicity. I was, however, defending my people, many of whom might not defend me. I do this out of my love & pride in the Jewish people & what they have suffered throughout their history.

We all know some Jews. We're everywhere. We either wander by choice or are chased.

eta---I am one of the most tolerant people I know, except for Bruv.
sheep

Post by sheep »

I think if those who claimed to be Christians actually embraced and followed Jesus' teachings, Jews would not only be proud to embrace Jesus as their own, but they could not deny the spiritual kingdom that he came to establish. As it is, many people have claimed to be Christians who have only wanted to claim the rewards without making the necessary sacrifices.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

You are misunderstanding. The Jews, for the most part, did not accept Jesus as being the one they yearn for, the Messiah. It has nothing to do about how Christians behave or not. I have found that most people behave the same way as every other group.
sheep

Post by sheep »

I think if there was a real testimony of Christ on this earth, in any meaningful way, then the life of those could not help but challenge all who acted selfishly and harmfully against that witness.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I'm sorry, I have no reply.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

What I see as being intolerant is someone who seeks to challenge the faith of his own Messiah (i.e. Jewish) by telling others of His faith that they are wrong. Ergo, Jesus is wrong. Jesus is never recorded as claiming to be the Messiah. Even when asked by Pilate if he was the Son of God he replied by saying "That is what YOU say". The closest he ever got to saying that he was the Son of God is when he said that we are ALL children of God. As usual, as with any religion, it takes one cult of nutters to make a martyr of someone then to brainwash a load of others to make them believe their fantasy interpretations of things & Lo & Behold, you have War in the name of Peace. Christians are always preaching love, understanding & tolerance, whilst stirring up trouble, violence & hatred by putting everyone else down. It is the Christians that are intolerant. Not the Jews.
sheep

Post by sheep »

FourPart;1468608 wrote: What I see as being intolerant is someone who seeks to challenge the faith of his own Messiah (i.e. Jewish) by telling others of His faith that they are wrong. Ergo, Jesus is wrong. Jesus is never recorded as claiming to be the Messiah. Even when asked by Pilate if he was the Son of God he replied by saying "That is what YOU say". The closest he ever got to saying that he was the Son of God is when he said that we are ALL children of God. As usual, as with any religion, it takes one cult of nutters to make a martyr of someone then to brainwash a load of others to make them believe their fantasy interpretations of things & Lo & Behold, you have War in the name of Peace. Christians are always preaching love, understanding & tolerance, whilst stirring up trouble, violence & hatred by putting everyone else down. It is the Christians that are intolerant. Not the Jews.

Dear fourpart. unfortunately you are mistaken. Jesus did claim to be the messiah.

You see the term Christ and Messiah come from the exact same meaning: "Anointed". The Greek word is translated Christ and the Hebrew word, in Daniel, is translated Messiah.

On a number of occasions Jesus told people not to reveal who he was and in Luke 24:25-26 we read: "Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?"

Again Jesus states that he is God's only begotten Son, in John 3:18: "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." There is actually a number more places where Jesus states he is God's Son, but I leave them for you to find. I will give you a hint: the rest of the quotes are all found in the book of John.

Jesus never said we are all children of God, actually he told the pharisees they were of their father the devil.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Galatians 3:26

"So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith".
sheep

Post by sheep »

FourPart;1468643 wrote: Galatians 3:26

"So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith".

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1Jn 2:2 And he (Jesus) is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him (Jesus), if we keep his (Jesus') commandments.

1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him (Jesus), and keepeth not his (Jesus') commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his (Jesus') word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him (Jesus).

1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him (Jesus) ought himself also so to walk, even as he (Jesus) walked.

Yes in Christ we are all children of God, but to be in Christ you must abide in his teachings. It is walking in alignment with God that makes one God's child: according to Jesus.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

You could change every (Jesus) to (FourPart) & it wouldn't be any less nonsense than it already is.

I often think that The Life Of Brian is probably closer to the truth of the Bible than most Christians would like to admit.

"He's not the Messiah......"

You all know the rest of the quote!
sheep

Post by sheep »

FourPart;1468671 wrote: You could change every (Jesus) to (FourPart) & it wouldn't be any less nonsense than it already is.

I often think that The Life Of Brian is probably closer to the truth of the Bible than most Christians would like to admit.

"He's not the Messiah......"

You all know the rest of the quote!

It appears that you are just here to fight. Why such hostility? Don't you see that your anger is of the exact same nature as those who justified the evil they condoned in the name of religion? If you justify hatred in yourself you will also justify harming others and blame them for your actions that you would condone against them.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

On the contrary. I've always been a Pacifist. I just see Religion as the age old catalyst for generating hatred & violence.
sheep

Post by sheep »

FourPart;1468696 wrote: On the contrary. I've always been a Pacifist. I just see Religion as the age old catalyst for generating hatred & violence.

I am a pacifist also and so was Jesus, but I don't understand why you are against me trying to correct people that have embraced beliefs that are against Jesus, since Jesus is clearly a pacifist and those who have committed such heinous crimes in his name are not. You might also notice that the law is not a Pacifist's tool, but yet Jesus' teachings and actions clearly were.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

sheep;1468703 wrote: I am a pacifist also and so was Jesus, but I don't understand why you are against me trying to correct people that have embraced beliefs that are against Jesus, since Jesus is clearly a pacifist and those who have committed such heinous crimes in his name are not. You might also notice that the law is not a Pacifist's tool, but yet Jesus' teachings and actions clearly were.
I am far from being opposed to the teachings of Jesus, as far as pacificism is concerned. My issue is with how he is associated with being some fictional Divinity. Why can't people simply accept his teachings for what they are without making so much more of it. Dickens wrote some masterpieces in his campaign to teach the population about the need for social reform. He was an icon for the promotion of living standards & Human Rights, yet he was no Divinity either. However, with the right (?) sort of promotion it could be quite conceiveable that he could be put across as being a Messiah as well. While there are the gullible on hand, waiting to be convinced, there will be those who seek to fool them.
sheep

Post by sheep »

FourPart;1468791 wrote: I am far from being opposed to the teachings of Jesus, as far as pacificism is concerned. My issue is with how he is associated with being some fictional Divinity. Why can't people simply accept his teachings for what they are without making so much more of it. Dickens wrote some masterpieces in his campaign to teach the population about the need for social reform. He was an icon for the promotion of living standards & Human Rights, yet he was no Divinity either. However, with the right (?) sort of promotion it could be quite conceiveable that he could be put across as being a Messiah as well. While there are the gullible on hand, waiting to be convinced, there will be those who seek to fool them.

The only reason we have quotes from Jesus are because of people who associated with him and he clearly stated on a number of occasions he was the Christ and that his father was God. Your problem is with the existence of a God, but can you prove that your existence is actually physical and not suspended in consciousness separate from the physical like in dreams? Put another way, can you prove that consciousness is not the actual reality that is real and eternal? The answer is no, not without making some assumptions and so why not take the stance of an agnostic instead of an atheist?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Quotes of witnesses to the event (regardless of how corrupted they may become through translation & interpretation) is one thing, but quotes made of things said when no-one else is there proves the whole thing to be utter fiction. For example - The Temptation of Christ. There's Jesus & Satan, out in the Wilderness alone together having a chat, yet everything they said to each other is carefully transcribed. Who by? This happens even from the very outset of the Bible - "And God said 'Let Ther Be Light'. He kept looking upon things & seeing that they were good (and then goes adding to it all because he didn't get it right the first time). Once again, says who? He hadn't supposedly even created the first person by this time, yet the Bible records in precise detail everything he thought, did & said (obviously talking to himself - what would be the point of saying anything? What would be the point of any communication skills if there was only one God?). Plus it records the order in which things were done. Then, the only answer to these fundamental questions by those who attempt to defend its credibility is that "he made it all known to his prophets", or whoever. What utter twaddle. Imagine a statement like that standing up in a court of law. These are not isolated incidents. They are found consistently throughout the Bible on practically every page, yet we are expected to accept all this at face value.

Jesus was a philosopher & an everyday mortal human being. Nothing more, nothing less.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The title of this thread is a lie.

You cannot be a follower of Christ, and ignore the Ten Commandments.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
sheep

Post by sheep »

LarsMac;1468900 wrote: The title of this thread is a lie.

You cannot be a follower of Christ, and ignore the Ten Commandments.

Larsmac, I use to go to the 7th day Adventist church and bought into all the junk you have bought into and probably more, but then I couldn't rectify my belief at all to the person of Jesus.

Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

It is funny that Hebrews above references the verses below:

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Now lets go back to 2 Corinthians 3 and reread it and ask a few questions:

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

2Co 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

2Co 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

2Co 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

What kills? The Letter. What letter? The letters written and engraved in stones: the 10 commandments.

What is the ministration of death, which was written and engraved in stones? The 10 commandments. What was glorious which glory was to be done away? The 10 commandments. What is the ministration of condemnation? The 10 commandments. What is done away which was glorious? the 10 commandments. All the answers to each of the questions in this paragraph are clearly laid out in the verses above.

I have kids and telling a person THOU SHALT NOT, over and over, doesn't empower a person and tell them how to live, it only has the power to condemn them. The 10 commandments was the weightiest part of the law and it is not empowering, it is condemning. You want condemnation? Live by the 10 commandments. You want to heal yourself and the world? Live by the teachings of Jesus on loving yourself and your enemies, forgiveness, doing good to those who hate you, not embracing materialism but caring only for living right before God, and seeking His mercy by showing it to others. The law is about judging others not empowering them and if you feel you have a right to enforce punishment upon others I feel sorry for you.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

sheep;1468962 wrote: Larsmac, I use to go to the 7th day Adventist church and bought into all the junk you have bought into and probably more, but then I couldn't rectify my belief at all to the person of Jesus.

Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

It is funny that Hebrews above references the verses below:

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Now lets go back to 2 Corinthians 3 and reread it and ask a few questions:

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

What kills? The Letter. What letter? The letters written and engraved in stones: the 10 commandments.

What is the ministration of death, which was written and engraved in stones? The 10 commandments. What was glorious which glory was to be done away? The 10 commandments. What is the ministration of condemnation? The 10 commandments. What is done away which was glorious? the 10 commandments. All the answers to each of the questions in this paragraph are clearly laid out in the verses above.

I have kids and telling a person THOU SHALT NOT, over and over, doesn't empower a person and tell them how to live, it only has the power to condemn them. The 10 commandments was the weightiest part of the law and it is not empowering, it is condemning. You want condemnation? Live by the 10 commandments. You want to heal yourself and the world? Live by the teachings of Jesus on loving yourself and your enemies, forgiveness, doing good to those who hate you, not embracing materialism but caring only for living right before God, and seeking His mercy by showing it to others. The law is about judging others not empowering them and if you feel you have a right to enforce punishment upon others I feel sorry for you.

What the Heck are you going on about?

So you tell your kids it is OK to Lie, kill, steal, cheat on your spouse, hate your parents and hate your god, as long as you do it for love?

It's nothing to do with judging other people, it is about how you treat other people.
- DH Lawrence
sheep

Post by sheep »

LarsMac;1468964 wrote: What the Heck are you going on about?

So you tell your kids it is OK to Lie, kill, steal, cheat on your spouse, hate your parents and hate your god, as long as you do it for love?

It's nothing to do with judging other people, it is about how you treat other people.

Have you never read the teachings of Christ? Jesus teaches to Love your enemies: can you kill someone you have emotional affection for and that you value equal to yourself? Jesus taught not to value material goods: so why steal things you don't value? Do you have to be told it is wrong to do harm to others? Doesn't your spirit tell you it is wrong? Do you know how to hear what your spirit is telling you? Doesn't everything in your inner being speak to good and against bad? Isn't peace, or a lack thereof, the guiding light within a man's spirit?

Thef law cannot enable you to live right. Those who live by the law will die by the law. Those who live by grace, mercy, compassion and forgiveness, will find it lavished upon them. You can embrace condemnation in the DON'TS of the law; I will choose to embrace the healing power of compassion, which is found through being focused on loving others and showing compassion.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

It is this rest that a person embracing the teachings of Christ finds, which the law cannot offer. You have no rest because you feel you have a right to see others punished for their wrongs and you fail to see that such a person will not find God's mercy, nor rest for their soul. People who embrace Christ don't need law, they don't have a desire to do harm or bad towards others: how is it that you cannot understand that the law is redundant for one that embraces the teachings of Christ: unless you fail to do just that?

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Jesus is saying the only way you will know the truth of his teachings is if you know them from experience. How can a person not know the truth of what I am talking about, unless they have failed to know it from experience?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

All I have to say is that you presume much about me, and you are wrong, both in your presumptions about me, and pretty much everything you have come up with in this thread.

I have seen some interesting interpretations of the Bible in my sixty-odd years of being around, but you, sir, take the cake.

I will close, and leave you with a few simple thoughts.

Matthew 4:4 "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

And I suggest you read Matthew 5 again, paying particular attention to verses 18-22.

No, my dear sir, His point is that you are to be the judge of yourself, rather than the judge of others.

The Law of God is forever. It is the laws of men that shall one day be no more.

The problem with interpreting the Bible is remembering which is which.

I am finished with this. Thank you and God Bless you.
- DH Lawrence
sheep

Post by sheep »

LarsMac;1468985 wrote: All I have to say is that you presume much about me, and you are wrong, both in your presumptions about me, and pretty much everything you have come up with in this thread.

I have seen some interesting interpretations of the Bible in my sixty-odd years of being around, but you, sir, take the cake.

I will close, and leave you with a few simple thoughts.

Matthew 4:4 "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

And I suggest you read Matthew 5 again, paying particular attention to verses 18-22.

No, my dear sir, His point is that you are to be the judge of yourself, rather than the judge of others.

The Law of God is forever. It is the laws of men that shall one day be no more.

The problem with interpreting the Bible is remembering which is which.

I am finished with this. Thank you and God Bless you.

Why stop at verse 22? it is in the next few verses that we see the raising of the standards from the Don'ts of the law, being changed to the Dos of Christ. And why just mention one of the laws of the 10 commandments, when Jesus changes the standards of a few other laws and raises those standards also, in chapter 5.

When reading verse 19 you should pay particular focus on the word "these" and ask yourself why Jesus doesn't use the word "the" there: if he is referring to the old covenant 10 commandments or law. And in case anyone is wondering, the use of the word "these" is not a filler word, nor could it have been translated "the", from the Greek text.

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Mat 5:23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

Mat 5:24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Mat 5:25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

Mat 5:26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 5:31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

Mat 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Mat 5:33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:

Mat 5:34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

Mat 5:35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

Mat 5:36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

Mat 5:37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

Mat 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

Mat 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Mat 5:40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.

Mat 5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

Mat 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

Mat 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

The law and commandments Jesus is referring to, in the verses you are mentioning, are not the old covenant laws but the new covenant laws: His words; loving your enemies is a commandment: you cannot do harm to one you love. Jesus' teachings are all about defusing bad energy in oneself to cause them to only do good. If you have bad in your heart you are not embracing the teachings of Christ and if you search the teachings of Christ and embrace them they will defuse the bad energy in your heart to replace it with love and affection towards the one whom you are irritated by and thus you shall see the irritation dissolve and learn to love instead of hate. Doing harm to others is never justifiable: but when knowingly done it is the result of justifying the evil in ones heart; It is the bad feelings of ones heart that need to be changed and replaced with love: to stay/stop evil. And that is what Jesus' teachings are all about and where the Old Covenant Law failed.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Lars: "I am finished with this. Thank you and God Bless you."

Weird. That's how Mickiel would end a discussion he no longer wanted to participate in, except I think he ended with 'Go in Peace' or somesuch.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

PS, Lars: I think M. said "Peace on your Journey"............I don't want to look it up, that just popped in my head.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Basically 'These' was originally the plural of 'The'.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

sheep;1468583 wrote: `

Are we so ignorant of the New Covenant that we don't understand that ALL OF THE OLD COVENANT IS irrelevant to those who are followers of the teachings of Christ? Real Christians follow Christ and his teachings on loving all men, not punishing others for their transgressions and don't care for material possessions as they care only about peoples spiritual wellbeing (how they live) and don't need other rules.

Clearly the reference to that which is done away is to the 10 commandments, as it was written and engraved in stone. The spirit is given to those who embrace Christ and his teachings.

Joh 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

According to Jesus' words, the Comforter/Holy Spirit is given contingent upon keeping His Commandments: which is what Paul is referencing above.

Gal 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

Gal 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Gal 4:27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

An allegory is a parallel example. Those who follow the law are Agar's children. Those who follow Christ (the NEW covenant) are Sarah's.

Heb 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling (CANCELLATION) of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

Heb 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

The King of the Jews is Jesus, not Moses. The gospel of the Kingdom are the teachings of the kingdom that Jesus taught. The Kingdom of heaven is comprised of those who embrace and live by Jesus' teachings.

I agree with this. The Gospel of the Kingdom is what Jesus taught and the Gospel of Grace is what Paul taught. The Kingdom Gospel will be re-instated after the rapture of the Church during the Tribulation period.

Return to “Christianity”