Grrr

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
FourPart

Grrr

Post by FourPart »

On Saturday Da Beasty passed its Annual Medical with flying colours, with just 2 advisory notes. 1. The blue full beam indicator light on the dashboard wasn't workng (although the light itself was). 2. The rear tyre was showing very slight signs of perishing (although nothing to be too concerned about - besides, I've still got an unused spare, still in its wrapper that I got for Beasty Snr. last year).

Now, however, coming home yesterday & the headlight gives out. Full beam working fine. Just the headlight. So, I've popped the old bulb back in, as a makeshift, seeing as that was the other way round (main light, but no full beam), as I'd rather have the light that's on all the time working than the one that only gets used once in a while (see, it does pay to hoard things once in a while).

Anyway, I guess I now have to see if I can call the garage from work sometime today to see if I might be able to fit it in as an emergency case on the way home tonight (I'm on hte early shift, so finish at 16:00, while the garage shuts at 17:00, but quite a long journey. I know I can fit the bulb myself if need be, but I need to go to the garage to get the bulb anyway, and the electrics need some general sorting out anyway - a few grotty connections & a couple of loose wires that I can't figure where they go, so I might as well see if they can sort it all at once. I imagine they know what they're doing in there & would probably only be a 5 min job - if I can get it there in time.

Return to “General Chit Chat”