mob rule prevents ched evans rejoining sheffield united..the AA grumpy column

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
AA grumpy

Post by AA grumpy »

hello..yes its that time of night again time to settle down with a cup of cocoa

and a bedtime story from the AA grumpy column.

Sheffield United left themselves open to more criticism on Friday night after their co-chairman said he was ‘angry and upset’ that they had been forced to withdraw their offer to allow convicted rapist Ched Evans to train with them.

The League One club bowed to pressure on Thursday after their decision to welcome back their former striker sparked a furore, with Jessica Ennis-Hill demanding her name be removed from a stand at Bramall Lane should the club re-sign Evans, and four high-profile patrons resigning.

But co-chairman Jim Phipps reignited the controversy on Friday night when he argued the decision was unfair on Evans, who was released from prison last month having served half of a five-year sentence for raping a woman in a hotel room. ‘I’m angry we are not able to get a chance to do for this footballer what should be done,’ said Phipps.

‘I’m upset that we are not able to do what we wanted to do, but I acknowledge that my view is not the only view. My principles and the board’s principles are not the only thing that matter.

‘The influence of mob-like behaviour has made it difficult to take the simple step of allowing Ched to train. I will acknowledge that our decision to not let Ched train is probably a decision that will make it harder for him to get on with his football career.

‘The people who believe Ched should be punished for the rest of his life might call that a victory. I think of it as a defeat for the principle that punishment under the justice system should be left to those that are authorised by law.

Jessica Ennis-Hill wanted her name removed from the stand named after her if Evans was offered a deal

‘We are a community and family club and we had our people at each others’ throats and the promise was that things weren’t going to get better.’

Phipps’ view is sure to anger the supporters who took a stand over Evans, not to mention more than 150,000 people who signed a petition opposing the Welsh international striker’s return to football.

Evans will receive support from the Professional Footballers’ Association in trying to find a club. Having made an application to the criminal cases review commission for an appeal against his conviction, it could be Evans has to wait until after that process has been completed.

But in a statement the PFA insisted 25-year-old Evans has the right to ‘return to the job he is trained to do’.

‘We fully understand the opposing views to Ched’s return and clearly part of the issue related to him returning to the club he was previously with at the time of his imprisonment,’ said the statement. ‘It may be of benefit for Ched to look for a different club.

‘We do not agree society should impose different rules for footballers which go beyond the position of the law.’

Read more: Mob-like behaviour prevented Ched Evans return to Blades training and is a defeat for principles, says Sheffield United chief | Daily Mail Online

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

AAG

absolutely correct ched evans should never be allowed to professionally kick a football about again what sort of role model would he be and what sort of club would sheffield united be if they allowed evans to train with the team and play professional football.

bearing in mind he has only completed half of his sentence the rest will unfortunately be served in the community and he is on the sex offenders register for life and subject to constraints untill 2016 which technically still makes him a serving prisoner and the fact that its a job is a total joke working 40 + hours in industry is a job not kicking a ball around for a couple of hours a week.

WELL DONE to jessica ennis hill (:yh_clap:yh_worshp) and patrons for standing up to the club when evans was even offered the training sessions.

the PFA are supporting evans but as yet no club has approached evans with an offer.

he even thought about going to ireland to play for one of the eire teams

but this was blown out of the water as evans cannot play abroad as it is in breach of his licence.

there is one way out your girlfriends rich daddy has offered him a job at one of his companies which means doing some honest manual work

which is an oppotunity not available to most criminals when they leave jail

as they find themselves ostrocised by employers so a word of advice ched hang up your boots and jersey lad its over.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

What those who support him fail to see Is that the huge amounts of money he earns for kicking a piece of leather around a field, Is Insulting after he was convicted of rape.

As It happens, I do believe the media should stop hounding him. The media and constant whipping up of hatred merely makes those who defend him all the more vocal.

Just let him get on with his life by because doing that, we allow his victim to get on with hers.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

And once Rolf Harris has served his time he should be allowed to return to his former profession as a Children's Entertainer, I suppose?

Football is primarily a male orientated sport & the majority of its following is probably made up of younger males (I don't know the statistics - I'm just guessing on that point). Many of these are likely to be of the age group where they can be influenced by their role models. The potential outcome of this speaks for itself.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Just goes to show there was me expecting a rant about how poor ched evans is being hounded by the liberal/ anti-male feminist lesbian liberation front over his harmless having sex with a slut stupid enough to get drunk.

Most peopl with a crin-minal conviction are not able to return to the job they had before, they cannot get mortgages and had he served the full five years he would have been placed on the sex offenders register. What those who support him fail to see is that he attacked someone who was incapable of consenting or defending themselves, moreover from the description it seems it was set uop for him by one of his mates. I donl;t understand his girlfriend why would she stay with a **** like that?
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1468116 wrote: I donl;t understand his girlfriend why would she stay with a **** like that?

Yes, I wonder what she see's In the £300,000 a year earner :rolleyes:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

Oscar Namechange;1468123 wrote: Yes, I wonder what she see's In the £300,000 a year earner :rolleyes:

You have such a low opinion of your sex. :sneaky:Some women seem to prefer bastards to decent blokes - low self esteem perhaps?
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1468130 wrote: You have such a low opinion of your sex. :sneaky:Some women seem to prefer bastards to decent blokes - low self esteem perhaps?

Have you ever been to Manchester and the night clubs frequented by young girls throwing themselves at footballers In the wild hope they'll become the next Colleen or Victoria ?

It's sad and pathetic... nothing to do with some women like bastards... the hope they'll find fame by latching on to some premier league numpty Is what drives them.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Oscar Namechange;1468132 wrote: Have you ever been to Manchester and the night clubs frequented by young girls throwing themselves at footballers In the wild hope they'll become the next Colleen or Victoria ?

It's sad and pathetic... nothing to do with some women like bastards... the hope they'll find fame by latching on to some premier league numpty Is what drives them.
It sounds like you're excusing what he did & implying that "she was asking for it".
Oscar Namechange

FourPart;1468151 wrote: It sounds like you're excusing what he did & implying that "she was asking for it". And where exactly do you glean that from ?
gmc

Post by gmc »

Oscar Namechange;1468154 wrote: And where exactly do you glean that from ?

Have you ever been to Manchester and the night clubs frequented by young girls throwing themselves at footballers In the wild hope they'll become the next Colleen or Victoria ?

She went willingly to the hotel room what seems to have happened is that the one she was with called his mate to join in. What you said could be taken to mean they are all asking for it and get what they deserve. Don't think that's what you meant but in a way it;s no different from saying a girl that wears a short skirt or drinks too much has only herself to blame if she is attacked.

Ched Evans rape row: DJ who claimed women are “partially responsible” for sex attacks issues apology - Mirror Online

A BBC radio talk show host has apologised for saying women are “partially responsible” for sex attacks if they “give out the wrong signals”.

It's a rapists charter I have known a lot of guys that think women fancy them just because they smile and are friendly. What constitutes the "wrong" signal is rather open to interpretation.

“If you give him all the signals and then he acts upon them then you are partially responsible.

"If you don’t wish to give out the wrong signals, it’s best probably to keep your knickers on and not get into bed with him.”

Also if a woman changes her mind doesn't mean she has still to go through with it a lot of people think it's funny to spike someone's drink.
Oscar Namechange

What Is sad and pathetic, to define my words, about the girls who frequent the nightclubs hoping to bag a premier league footballer, Is that the girls are seeking fame In the hope they'll become the next Colleen.

I find It sad that some young women seem to have no aspirations In life and see the way to success as bagging a footballer. However, there are are footballers like Evans, who will exploit those girls.

If you look at how the most successful and famous WAGS met their footballer husbands, It wasn't a one night stand In a grotty Manchester night club. Yet, these girls seem so desperate for that lifestyle that they believe they can.

It doesn't mean to say that Evans and his Ilk should get away with taking advantage of them.

Return to “Sports”