The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

theia

Post by theia »

I recorded this last night. What a wonderful film, with an amazing cast.

I loved Maggie Smith's character's comment when told by her surgeon that she might have to wait 6 months for a hip operation...Six months! At my age, I don't even buy green bananas.

And, from another character...I don't want to get older...I don't want to be the first to be let off the plane in a hostage crisis.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Ahem

Dame Maggie Smith
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

theia;1467476 wrote: I recorded this last night. What a wonderful film, with an amazing cast.

I loved Maggie Smith's character's comment when told by her surgeon that she might have to wait 6 months for a hip operation...Six months! At my age, I don't even buy green bananas.

And, from another character...I don't want to get older...I don't want to be the first to be let off the plane in a hostage crisis.

An excellent film - one of the few I've watched during a flight and enjoyed :-)
theia

Post by theia »

Bryn Mawr;1467481 wrote: An excellent film - one of the few I've watched during a flight and enjoyed :-)

Judi Dench's character says in the last scene, it'll be all right in the end, if it isn't all right, then, trust me, it isn't the end. Lovely film.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

I enjoyed the film too.
Guppers

Post by Guppers »

I love this movie! The best thing about it is the starring characters are mature. Still living, dealing with things...love it!

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”