gaming addicts anonymous

Raven

gaming addicts anonymous

Post by Raven »

Hello....my name is Raven, and I am what you would call a hard core, lifelong gamer.

Of COURSE I blame my kids.

My story started long ago with a funny game called pong...then super mario brothers and then...my addiction started with Shadowgate and the discovery of the rpg.

phantasy star, link and legend of zelda...final fantasy..usually the darker games such as silent hill, parasite eve and legend of kane were more satisfying. Legend of dragoon introduced me to dragons. Yes I still have all those games.

I have been through all the game systems starting with atari. Sega, nintendo, sony ps1 &2 and that is where i stopped with console play. I have graduated to pc gaming and all the d&d type like baldurs gate, neverwinters night, and the elderscroll series. I have discovered dragon age series and skyrim as of late.

So let the first meeting of gaa commence! :yh_hypno
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
LarsMac

gaming addicts anonymous

Post by LarsMac »

Kewl!!

Hello, my name is LarsMac, and I am a gamer.

I first started computer gaming in the early '70s when working in the computer lab at Florida State. We played LEM. and later, Startrek.

Then gaming came to the console. And then came the 'PC'. I took the Startrek game from the mainframe and converted it to play on TRS80, and later, IBM PC.

I am a PC gamer, I never really liked console games.

I am currently hooked on LoL, and SWTOR.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Raven

gaming addicts anonymous

Post by Raven »

It is the graphics and storylines that I find most compelling! But I have noticed one thing in particular....I find it next to impossible to create and play a character against my own nature! I am always playing chaotic good or paladin types even when its a bloody mage or rogue for crying out loud! I just cant be evil!!!
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
LarsMac

gaming addicts anonymous

Post by LarsMac »

Raven;1447872 wrote: It is the graphics and storylines that I find most compelling! But I have noticed one thing in particular....I find it next to impossible to create and play a character against my own nature! I am always playing chaotic good or paladin types even when its a bloody mage or rogue for crying out loud! I just cant be evil!!!

I am the same way. The grandkid and his friends have been giving me grief because my Sith Warrior in TOR is aligned to the Light side. I can't make the decisions that go dark side, when they are without honor.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

gaming addicts anonymous

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Hmmm, I started with Colossal Caves and finished with Elite - not much of a gamers here.
Saint_

gaming addicts anonymous

Post by Saint_ »

Hello, my name is Saint and I am a gamer addict. I have played nearly every system since the Atari 2600 (I even purchased the Supercharger for it that loaded games from cassettes. Escape from the Mindmaster, anyone?) I have every NES, Sega Genesis, and SNES game known to mankind in ROM form with multi-platform emulators spread across four hard drive back-ups so I can never lose them. I play them while watching TV on a dedicated gaming laptop. I have three systems hooked up to my TV right now, a PS1, a PS2, and an Xbox 360. I play every chance I get. (currently thrashing out Assassin's Creed IV: Black flag and KOTOR: The Sith Lords) and I have a terrible problem...

I hate online or multi-player gaming.

I want the experience to be my world and mine alone. I want immersion and distraction. I want to leave behind this world and travel the digital wastelands alone. For that, I am becoming a gaming pariah. (sigh.)
AddictedToYou

gaming addicts anonymous

Post by AddictedToYou »

Hi guys I am also a gamer, my first game ever played was super mario just like you guys I played lots of game consoles like nintendo, supernintendo, PS(I really like metal gear solid back then), PS2 and PC. I don't care about graphics as long as the gameplay is good I will it.
[Link removed by Moderator].
DarrylC1

gaming addicts anonymous

Post by DarrylC1 »

I am also a gamer, but I really loved fighting games. I like playing Mortal Kombat, Streetfighter and Tekken.

Return to “The Gaming Zone - PC Console”