New Taxi Regs ?

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Taxi Law Change 'Puts Women At Higher Risk'
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Bruv »

Don't they all have to have Photo ID?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

I'll look Into that further... but this Is ridiculous... what about Insurance?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1465052 wrote: I'll look Into that further... but this Is ridiculous... what about Insurance?

I don't think rapist consider insurance.
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

Bruv;1465057 wrote: I don't think rapist consider insurance. Unfortunately It does happen.

Watch: Fake Newcastle cabbie kidnapped young reveller before sexually abusing her - Chronicle Live

I'd welcome a national campaign warning women to ask for ID before getting Into a cab... but then whether some are In any fit state to do that at 3 am after drinking all night, I don't know.
Bruv

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Bruv »

Those bloody muslims again.........you should thank me for being your feedman
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

Bruv;1465061 wrote: Those bloody muslims again.........you should thank me for being your feedman Not always... British rape as well
FourPart

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by FourPart »

As I understand it, from what I read, the facts, as stated, can be interpreted in 2 different ways.

There is the way that they are leaning the biased on (which may well be the actual case) that a minicab may be lent out, AS a minicab to anyone. This, in itself is something I can't see happening at all, as all Taxi Drivers, regardless of whether they be minicab / private hire or full 'hailing' taxis still require full Hackney registration in order to operate as such, and despite the article's implications I don't see this as being the case.

As for lending the CAR, then that is already the case. The car itself is often already privately owned (apart from where the fleet is provided by a Taxi company), and whenever it is not operating as a minicab it remains a private vehicle & is therefore subject to the same rules regarding lending it as they always have been, as far as the nominated driver being covered by insurance & having an appropriate driving licence.

As far as I'm aware, as things stand, in order for a car to be classed as a taxi it has to meet the conditions laid down by the Hackney regulations, regarding size, safety & overall condition, display the appropriate plate (white for Private Hire & Red for the 'Hailing' type). Both must also be fitted with a calibrated & Licenced Meter, with a list of Tariffs, along with Photo I.D. Once the plate is removed & the Meter disengaged, then the Taxi is merely a Private Car. Therefore, just what is this massive change that the article is getting at?
Bruv

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Bruv »

I refer you to post 5......it is all part of the drip drip drip of the propaganda war
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

Bruv;1465069 wrote: I refer you to post 5......it is all part of the drip drip drip of the propaganda war

What are you talking about ? You're paranoid.

You were the one to bring up Muslims.

That's what the Left do though Isn't It ? Throw the firecracker In and then run away to watch the fireworks crying boo hoo hoo, look at the nasty far right.

This new law has nothing to do with Muslims. Women get raped also by British, Polish, Nigerian whatever.

Fourpart.... Your assumptions are correct... the car be It mini cab or Hackney, must be Council plated.

I suppose It comes down to temptation... If the taxi Is loaned to a family member and he's flagged down, It's the thought of ' I can make a few quid here'...
Bruv

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Bruv »

It just happened to be an Asian in the article.........right......linked to by the BNP candidate.....not me.

Anyway, whoever hails a cab should be able to ascertain whether the driver is legit by the Photo ID Taxi drivers are legally obliged to display.

If 4 people are using the same Taxi 24 hours a day the only problem I can see is .........no time for maintenance.....but I also think there might also be a legal obligation about that too.
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

Bruv;1465081 wrote: It just happened to be an Asian in the article.........right......linked to by the BNP candidate.....not me.

Anyway, whoever hails a cab should be able to ascertain whether the driver is legit by the Photo ID Taxi drivers are legally obliged to display.

If 4 people are using the same Taxi 24 hours a day the only problem I can see is .........no time for maintenance.....but I also think there might also be a legal obligation about that too.

Unfortunately, the majority exploiting girls In Taxi's happen to be Asian. That's not the far right's fault. It's not my fault. It's not the fault of media reporting such crimes. The onus Is purely on the men carrying out these crimes and If they happen to be predominantly Asian. then no-one has to apologise for that fact. The Left can throw claims of racist all they like but It does not excuse the facts which are, this Is happening.

Claims of racism merely highlight the desire to shut down the topic.

Attached files
Bruv

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Bruv »

I fail to follow your logic missus, you linked to an Asian Taxi rapist.......which I mentioned.........and you called me out as racist.

Then you come back saying the majority are Asians......why the subtle lack of information 'upfront' ? So we could happen across the horror that Asians are raping our Aryan females?

A simple check to ask for photo ID before getting into a Taxi might be the answer................but why spoil a propaganda opportunity ?
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

I'll tell you why I posted this thread shall I ? In my twenties, I actually started and owned my own cab firm In Worthing. I sold out a few years later because the hours killed me. Back then, there was a minefield of laws and regs to ensure passengers were safe. Since then, I have always been Interested In the Industry and this subject just happened to be one of many I am sent daily.

No-where In my posts did I mention Muslims... you did !! Then, despite my posting In reply to you that not all taxi rapists are Asian, on you carried. Then we got the boo hoo hoo of the accusation of the drip drip affect. No Bruv, It Is you who uses the drip effect. You have not posted any concern here about the effect on passenger Insurence nor the safety of women, just the Muslims again. You drip drip the same old anti far right rhetoric In attempt to sway the readers that anyone connected with the far right MUST have some kind of long term strategy to target Muslims an portray them In a bad light.

My Muslim taxi driver neighbour Is equally appalled at these changes. So, Is he racist ????

"Last year, the number of sex crimes involving taxis increased at such a rapid rate that a judge issued a warning that no woman can expect to be safe while travelling in a cab."

Taxi and minicab law changes could threaten passenger safety, warns Denton MP | Mancunian Matters

UK Taxi Rapes: "No Woman is Safe in a Cab"

However, a much acclaimed report produced by the London Metropolitan Police Service estimates that on average there are a total of 1,125 sexual assaults, including rapes, each year involving taxi drivers in just London; this works out to approximately 22 sexual assaults against women by taxi drivers each week in England's capital city alone.

Moreover, according to a report entitled, "Ending Violence against Women and Girls in the UK," published by the Home Office in March 2013, only around one in ten women who experience serious sexual assault report it to the police. As a result, one can infer that the actual number of taxi rapes across Britain as a whole is far greater than many are willing to admit.

You keep up the racist card and I will continue to worry about the safety of female passengers eh?
Peter Lake

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Peter Lake »

I think it's a good idea posting this here. Any members with young girls can at least warn of these new laws to their children and make them more aware.
Bruv

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Bruv »

It appears my first post, the second in this thread hit the nail on the head.

Don't get into a cab if there is no photo ID of the licenced driver.

Anything else is just waffle.
Peter Lake

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Peter Lake »

Bruv;1465094 wrote:

Anything else is just waffle. Especially your attempt to incite by bringing " Muslims " into the mix again.

Your idea of asking for I.D. is not practical. Many young women who are attacked are sadly falling out of night clubs in the small hours, bladdered. That's why so many cab drivers try it and get away with it.
Bruv

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Bruv »

Peter Lake;1465098 wrote: Especially your attempt to incite by bringing " Muslims " into the mix again.

Your idea of asking for I.D. is not practical. Many young women who are attacked are sadly falling out of night clubs in the small hours, bladdered. That's why so many cab drivers try it and get away with it.

Was not my Muslim Link, but then your missus did appear to agree that the worst offenders were *cough* Unfortunately, the majority exploiting girls In Taxi's happen to be Asian.......then we must teach our daughters NOT to fall out of night clubs bladdered in such a state that they cannot see a Photo ID or arrange suitable transport home before getting bladdered.
Peter Lake

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Peter Lake »

Bruv;1465102 wrote: Was not my Muslim Link, but then your missus did appear to agree that the worst offenders were *cough*.......then we must teach our daughters NOT to fall out of night clubs bladdered in such a state that they cannot see a Photo ID or arrange suitable transport home before getting bladdered.

Or how about we enforce such tight regulations and laws that girls however drunk, whatever time of the night and whatever they are wearing are free to fall into a taxi bladdered without being seen as easy meat?

How about we do that and put the onus on taxi firms to have responsibility for who they hire instead of passing the buck onto the women?
Bruv

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Bruv »

Peter Lake;1465103 wrote: Or how about we enforce such tight regulations and laws that girls however drunk, whatever time of the night and whatever they are wearing are free to fall into a taxi bladdered without being seen as easy meat?

How about we do that and put the onus on taxi firms to have responsibility for who they hire instead of passing the buck onto the women?

I thought that is what we had.

Just need to kick a few bums don't we?
FourPart

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by FourPart »

It's not as easy as just waving a Magic Wand & getting everyone to check a Photo I.D. first, regardless of the level of sobriety. I don't recall ever having checked anyone's I.D. when I've got into a taxi. Besides, if you think about it, what use is a Photo I.D. in a taxi unless the photo is of the back of their head?

Anyone who comes to the door in any official capacity, be they Police , Meter Reader or Charity Collectors have to carry I.D., yet how many think to ask (Oscar excepted) ? Most of the time we see the circumstances as being the I.D. - i.e. we see a uniform as being an I.D. We don't think of the prospect of a uniform being fake. But even then, if someone has gone to the trouble of attaining a false uniform, there's no reason to believe they wouldn't also have a false I.D. With taxis, the very fact that it is a taxi is generally seen as being their 'uniform'.

To put the onus on the public to check I.D.s is a bit like the claim that girls who go out at night on their own are asking to be raped. Whilst it may be true that they could be putting themselves at a higher level of risk they 'shouldn't' have to think about such things, and even so, they are not the ones to blame.

Incidentally, since first seeing this post I checked out the ethnic balance of taxi drivers in town as I walked past the ranks & was surprised to see that despite Southampton having such a diverse ethnic culture, only 2 of the cabbies I saw were non-white. One was Sikh & the other was Afro-Black. I would have expected a much wider balance. True, it was only a relatively small selection & by no means anything like what would be an acceptable level for accurate statistics, but it was a concious observation.

Also, (and I'm not questioning the legitimacy of the OP here) is there another source for the claim for relaxing of Taxi rules? I've not seen any, and the one posted just doesn't seem to ring true somehow. I'm sure that if it were the case we would have heard a lot more about it. If anything I would say that regulations need to be tightened, to make all taxis be of a registered company, that all companies use a recognisable / registered livery & that companies shall be held legally liable for their drivers / holder of the cabs (if this isn't the case already - I'm not up to date on taxi regulations). In this way I imagine taxi companies would be far more cautious about who they hire as drivers if they thought that they might be liable for £1000s compensation & a potential suspension of their licence to operate in the case of a lawsuit.
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

Bruv;1465111 wrote: I thought that is what we had.

Just need to kick a few bums don't we? We obviously don't. I'll repost.

However, a much acclaimed report produced by the London Metropolitan Police Service estimates that on average there are a total of 1,125 sexual assaults, including rapes, each year involving taxi drivers in just London; this works out to approximately 22 sexual assaults against women by taxi drivers each week in England's capital city alone.
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

FourPart;1465117 wrote:

Incidentally, since first seeing this post I checked out the ethnic balance of taxi drivers in town as I walked past the ranks & was surprised to see that despite Southampton having such a diverse ethnic culture, only 2 of the cabbies I saw were non-white. One was Sikh & the other was Afro-Black. I would have expected a much wider balance. True, it was only a relatively small selection & by no means anything like what would be an acceptable level for accurate statistics, but it was a concious observation.

Also, (and I'm not questioning the legitimacy of the OP here) is there another source for the claim for relaxing of Taxi rules? I've not seen any, and the one posted just doesn't seem to ring true somehow. I'm sure that if it were the case we would have heard a lot more about it. If anything I would say that regulations need to be tightened, to make all taxis be of a registered company, that all companies use a recognisable / registered livery & that companies shall be held legally liable for their drivers / holder of the cabs (if this isn't the case already - I'm not up to date on taxi regulations). In this way I imagine taxi companies would be far more cautious about who they hire as drivers if they thought that they might be liable for £1000s compensation & a potential suspension of their licence to operate in the case of a lawsuit.

If you're not questioning the validity of the link In the OP then why ask for another source? That's exactly what you are doing. Still, I'm more than happy to oblige, given that my sources are usually more ware than most,

Taxi Law Change 'Puts Women At Higher Risk'

Birmingham MP says changes to taxi laws could see increase in assaults - Birmingham Post

Taxi Law Change 'Puts Women At Higher Risk' | Orange UK

Alternatively, you could simply have googled ' New Taxi Laws'

Why would you conciously go looking for ethic cab drivers ? Are you saying that only Muslims rape women In taxi's ?

Southampton has a very large Polish community, how many of those did you see?
Bruv

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Bruv »

OK I will cut to the chase.............How is the BNP going to solve this problem ?
FourPart

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by FourPart »

Oscar Namechange;1465129 wrote: If you're not questioning the validity of the link In the OP then why ask for another source? That's exactly what you are doing. Still, I'm more than happy to oblige, given that my sources are usually more ware than most,

I was simply saying that I had no doubt that the OP had posted in good faith, just that I hadn't heard anything of it. I was in no way disputing that it was the case. My doubts were in the way the original link posted things. There was just something that didn't feel right.

Why would you conciously go looking for ethic cab drivers ? Are you saying that only Muslims rape women In taxi's ?

Southampton has a very large Polish community, how many of those did you see?
I wasn't conciously looking for Ethnic Cab Drivers, I was looking at the Ethnic BALANCE of Taxi Drivers - BIG difference. As for why, I couldn't quite believe your inference that the vast majority of Taxi Drivers were Asian. What I was saying that I was surprised hat with such a high Asian population in Southampton that there wasn't a higher level of Asian balance, only one of them being Asian. No more, no less.

Unlike you, I am not trying to attribute blame to a group dependant on their race.

As for the Taxi Regulations, which the thread was initially about, I still don't understand what the fuss is about. The terms "Minicabs" & "Cars" seem to be inter-connected, with no differentiating between them. The rules concerning Minicabs is that, at present, they can either be Privately Owned or Leased from the Cab Company. If it's Privately Owned, then when the driver is not on duty (also considering many, if not most are self employed, contracting to a company), then they have every right to lend their car to whosoever they wish, so long as they meet the basic insurance regulations, which are applicable to everyone. If the reference is to the Leased vehicle, then it is not theirs to lend in the first place.

As stated in the articles, at present the drivers have to be registered with the local authorities, according to local legal regulations. I don't see that as changing.

Even if it were legal for a driver to lend a Leased vehicle to someone else, then it would still be illegal for a non-licenced driver to operate it as a taxi regardless of who owns it. Whichever way you look at it, there are still laws in place to prevent abuse. However, if someone is going to abuse the system, then they will do so, regardless of what the law says. It's like the way that is seen all too often on these "Police, Camera, Action" type programmes, where someone is caught driving an uninsured, untaxed, vehicle with no MOT, having already been banned, and what happens? They get another ban! The point is that a ban clearly doesn't stop anyone who's determined to carry on driving despite having been banned.
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

Bruv;1465133 wrote: OK I will cut to the chase.............How is the BNP going to solve this problem ? Another BNP post ? YAWN
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

FourPart;1465134 wrote: I was simply saying that I had no doubt that the OP had posted in good faith, just that I hadn't heard anything of it. I was in no way disputing that it was the case. My doubts were in the way the original link posted things. There was just something that didn't feel right.

I wasn't conciously looking for Ethnic Cab Drivers, I was looking at the Ethnic BALANCE of Taxi Drivers - BIG difference. As for why, I couldn't quite believe your inference that the vast majority of Taxi Drivers were Asian. What I was saying that I was surprised hat with such a high Asian population in Southampton that there wasn't a higher level of Asian balance, only one of them being Asian. No more, no less.

Unlike you, I am not trying to attribute blame to a group dependant on their race.

As for the Taxi Regulations, which the thread was initially about, I still don't understand what the fuss is about. The terms "Minicabs" & "Cars" seem to be inter-connected, with no differentiating between them. The rules concerning Minicabs is that, at present, they can either be Privately Owned or Leased from the Cab Company. If it's Privately Owned, then when the driver is not on duty (also considering many, if not most are self employed, contracting to a company), then they have every right to lend their car to whosoever they wish, so long as they meet the basic insurance regulations, which are applicable to everyone. If the reference is to the Leased vehicle, then it is not theirs to lend in the first place.

As stated in the articles, at present the drivers have to be registered with the local authorities, according to local legal regulations. I don't see that as changing.

Even if it were legal for a driver to lend a Leased vehicle to someone else, then it would still be illegal for a non-licenced driver to operate it as a taxi regardless of who owns it. Whichever way you look at it, there are still laws in place to prevent abuse. However, if someone is going to abuse the system, then they will do so, regardless of what the law says. It's like the way that is seen all too often on these "Police, Camera, Action" type programmes, where someone is caught driving an uninsured, untaxed, vehicle with no MOT, having already been banned, and what happens? They get another ban! The point is that a ban clearly doesn't stop anyone who's determined to carry on driving despite having been banned.

Why don't you do some research. You only have to google to find what I say to be true.

Women only mini cab services – Could it have anything to do with the number of rapist British mini cab drivers who follow the ‘religion of peace’? | Fahrenheit211

You can not equate Southampton on the South Coast with a large Eastern European ( white ) population to that of London, Bradford, Rochdale etc etc where there are higher numbers of Asian communities.

The difference between private hire and Hackney plated Is that private hire jobs come from an office where Hackney can pick up off the streets. Private hire can not pick up off the street.... but they do anyway. We used to call It ' Flipping' In my days In the Industry.
FourPart

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by FourPart »

Oscar Namechange;1465139 wrote: Why don't you do some research. You only have to google to find what I say to be true.

Women only mini cab services – Could it have anything to do with the number of rapist British mini cab drivers who follow the ‘religion of peace’? | Fahrenheit211

You can not equate Southampton on the South Coast with a large Eastern European ( white ) population to that of London, Bradford, Rochdale etc etc where there are higher numbers of Asian communities.
When "Immigration Street" comes out (currently in production), then try saying that.

The difference between private hire and Hackney plated Is that private hire jobs come from an office where Hackney can pick up off the streets. Private hire can not pick up off the street.... but they do anyway. We used to call It ' Flipping' In my days In the Industry.
I know the difference between Red & White Plates, plus I know that illegal picking up goes on, but that's just my point. There are laws in place to stop this from happening - the problem is that it simply doesn't work. If they choose to ignore the law, then they'll do so nonetheless. The problem is not so much in the car, but who's driving it.
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

FourPart;1465140 wrote: When "Immigration Street" comes out (currently in production), then try saying that.

I know the difference between Red & White Plates, plus I know that illegal picking up goes on, but that's just my point. There are laws in place to stop this from happening - the problem is that it simply doesn't work. If they choose to ignore the law, then they'll do so nonetheless. The problem is not so much in the car, but who's driving it. There's a world of difference between grabbing an opportunity ( flip one on the street ) and deregulation that affords temptation.

Years ago, I used to tear my hair out with my drivers because I'd have bookings for short distances ie Tesco's to 3 streets away, only to find I had no drivers because they had flipped on the railway station to Brighton night clubs 20 miles away and thus, a far greater fare taking them out of action for an hour.

Yet, In reality, no harm was done. They have been doing It for decades. I'll always remember the suited and booted chap running Into my office one morning telling me that If one of my drivers could get him to Brighton station within half an hour, he'd bung the driver £50 ( huge amount In those days) I told him ' No, you bung me £50 and I will make sure you get to Brighton station within half an hour. But then, I am just a b.itch like that.

The point Is... It's all about opportunity and temptation and greed. I had another Instance where a driver swore blind he couldn't find his passenger at the pick up point swearing she was no-where to be seen and It was a ' no run ' so he had taken a passenger 50 miles Instead... only for his original passenger to phone In asking where he was.

If by deregulating we put more opportunity, temptation and greed their way... that can only make things worse than they are now.
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

There's another aspect to this.

Many taxi companies take school contracts for the Council as I myself am a passenger escort for brain damaged children and vulnerable adults. My driver would not dream of It but what happens If one day, the driver feels unwell and says to his cousin, ' you take my car and pick up the kid' rather than pass the job back to the office so he doesn't lose the fare? Those people would not be council vetted to deal with those children.
FourPart

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by FourPart »

The thing is that from what I can make out of what you're saying is that we're in (near) total agreement on this matter. If someone's not bothered about the law, then the law isn't going to bother them. Even as things stand, it may be illegal, but it doesn't stop anyone. As I said, it's not the vehicle, but the driver. It won't affect those who keep within the law one way or the other. Yes, it is down to greed - as is the case with most crime.

Personally I'm of the opinion that all cabs should be liveried & fleet owned by the individual company - but that's just my opinion.
Bruv

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1465138 wrote: Another BNP post ? YAWN

Why did you post this topic ?
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

Bruv;1465151 wrote: Why did you post this topic ? Why did you Ignore Peter's post ?

Maybe those unaware of the new laws who have daughters here can be aware and warn them. Maybe I am actually Interested In the subject.

Next.
Bruv

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1465153 wrote: Why did you Ignore Peter's post ?

Maybe those unaware of the new laws who have daughters here can be aware and warn them. Maybe I am actually Interested In the subject.

Next.

Like the Emperors New Clothes you often choose not to see things I am sure.

Which of Peters posts did I ignore ?
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

Bruv;1465159 wrote: Like the Emperors New Clothes you often choose not to see things I am sure.

Which of Peters posts did I ignore ?

Sigh

Posted by Peter Lake

I think it's a good idea posting this here. Any members with young girls can at least warn of these new laws to their children and make them more aware.
Bruv

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1465161 wrote: Sigh

Posted by Peter Lake

Peter's post 15

Bruv's Post 16

"It appears my first post, the second in this thread hit the nail on the head.

Don't get into a cab if there is no photo ID of the licenced driver"

Added extra

I have four daughters, that is my best advice, plus being aware at all times, am I wrong ?

They mostly are decent upstanding ladies........
Peter Lake

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Peter Lake »

Bruv;1465169 wrote: Added extra

I have four daughters, that is my best advice, plus being aware at all times, am I wrong ?

They mostly are decent upstanding ladies........

Are you saying that women assaulted and raped in taxi's are not decent upstanding ladies?
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

What Is the whole point of hiring a taxi ?

I know myself as a teenager that my parents would rather pay out for a taxi than risk me coming home late at night by any other means If they couldn't fetch me themselves.

It doesn't matter whether the woman Is a fine upstanding lady or a drunken, drug addled prostitute. When getting Into a taxi, she Is paying for the luxury of getting from A to B safely.
Bruv

New Taxi Regs ?

Post by Bruv »

Peter Lake;1465171 wrote: Are you saying that women assaulted and raped in taxi's are not decent upstanding ladies?

Blah de blah de blah......
Oscar Namechange

New Taxi Regs ?

This Is Interesting.

Should Rochdale cab firm let customers shun Asian drivers? - Channel 4 News

Return to “Autos Vehicles”