What made my husband go cold

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Giant Spider Invasion: Your most terrifying photos - Mirror Online

I'm not averse to the little fella's.

In the past, I have had to use a glass bowl to scoop them up when they've been too big to get a glass over.

Living with a field outside the house, we get large amounts this time of year trying to get In the house.... them and Crane Flies.

I've known this to be effective for anyone who runs screaming like my husband.

How to Make Spider Repellent at Home: 8 Steps (with Pictures)
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

spiders aren't too bad...I really don't like snakes

With fall approaching here there are many spider webs and Zeus will often drag me into them in the early morning....wiping spider webs of my face is not my ideal of starting a day....sticky and filled with bugs.... but as long as I don't get bitten I am fine...

Attached files
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1464572 wrote: Giant Spider Invasion: Your most terrifying photos - Mirror Online

I'm not averse to the little fella's.

In the past, I have had to use a glass bowl to scoop them up when they've been too big to get a glass over.

Living with a field outside the house, we get large amounts this time of year trying to get In the house.... them and Crane Flies.

I've known this to be effective for anyone who runs screaming like my husband.

How to Make Spider Repellent at Home: 8 Steps (with Pictures)

Being from Scandinavia myself, I say it's your own fault for chsoing to live in tropic UK.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I love spiders. They seem to have a personality all of their own. Plus they help, albeit in a small way, with any pest control.

Scary Spider - Play Free Online Games
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1464596 wrote: I love spiders. They seem to have a personality all of their own. Plus they help, albeit in a small way, with any pest control.

True enough. The small ones are God-sent against pests on my bonsai trees and I encourage spiders to set up camp in my mini garden, although the best I can do is put out the welcome mat and hope they notice.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Whenever I see them I make a point of making sure they're safe & not liable to get trodden on / trapped in the bath.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1464598 wrote: Whenever I see them I make a point of making sure they're safe & not liable to get trapped in the bath.

Surely there can't be much risk in that, can there? That's damn near Bristol!
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

High Threshold;1464602 wrote: Surely there can't be much risk in that, can there? That's damn near Bristol!

(You've been taking lessons from me).
Oscar Namechange

For over a year now, I've had a little chap ( Trevor ) live In one of my cars wing mirrors. Although I've never touched his web, there's always a new one every morning. He's been all over the country with me and Is still there. One can only admire that kind of rugged determination.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I'm with Peter.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Oscar Namechange;1464608 wrote: For over a year now, I've had a little chap ( Trevor ) live In one of my cars wing mirrors. Although I've never touched his web, there's always a new one every morning. He's been all over the country with me and Is still there. One can only admire that kind of rugged determination.

I had a large one in the process of being built between the car door and the garden wall. I had to destroy it to get to work. I wouldnt normally. I have a huge spider on the outside of the kitchen window thats been there all summer. I wont disturb them
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1464608 wrote: ... Although I've never touched his web, there's always a new one every morning.

I seem to remember that they devour the web and construct a new one each day.
Oscar Namechange

High Threshold;1464615 wrote: I seem to remember that they devour the web and construct a new one each day. That makes sense... there's always another new one every morning.

I've got another one In the Gas Meter cupboard ( Colin ) he's rather territorial and will wave his front legs at you In anger when you go Into the cupboard. He's been there some time also.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1464620 wrote: That makes sense... there's always another new one every morning.

I've got another one In the Gas Meter cupboard ( Colin ) he's rather territorial and will wave his front legs at you In anger when you go Into the cupboard. He's been there some time also.

How did you discover his name is Colin and not (for example) Coleen?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Oscar Namechange;1464608 wrote: For over a year now, I've had a little chap ( Trevor ) live In one of my cars wing mirrors. Although I've never touched his web, there's always a new one every morning. He's been all over the country with me and Is still there. One can only admire that kind of rugged determination.Ovh aye, Robert the Bruce & all that.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

High Threshold;1464615 wrote: I seem to remember that they devour the web and construct a new one each day.
That's right. They replenish the Protein.

How did you discover his name is Colin and not (for example) Coleen?

Actually, you can tell. The females are much bigger. The males never get a chance to grow (unless they're Gay). They get eaten after the first mating.
Oscar Namechange

FourPart;1464625 wrote: That's right. They replenish the Protein.

Actually, you can tell. The females are much bigger. The males never get a chance to grow (unless they're Gay). They get eaten after the first mating.

With that, I have been to the gas cupboard and I think you're right. Colin must be Colleen, she's rather large looking at her.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1464625 wrote: The males never get a chance ..... They get eaten after the first mating.

Yet women still complain about a bloke unwilling to engage in an après sex cuddle. I always do a bunk the moment they look the other way.
Oscar Namechange

High Threshold;1464630 wrote: Yet women still complain about a bloke unwilling to engage in an après sex cuddle. I always do a bunk the moment they look the other way.

My friend was having a fit a few weeks ago. She found a spider In her kitchen, black with a white mark on It's back that looked like a skull. She put the pic on Facebook and we all rushed round there to have a look... It was a false widow.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1464634 wrote: My friend was having a fit a few weeks ago. She found a spider In her kitchen, black with a white mark on It's back that looked like a skull. She put the pic on Facebook and we all rushed round there to have a look... It was a false widow.

White (once again) denoting virginity?
Oscar Namechange

High Threshold;1464647 wrote: White (once again) denoting virginity? You need a cold shower mate :wah:

Post by 911 »

Every day I would leave for work and as I was going down the road my index finger would start itching. And itching. And itching. Then it would start to swell. About noon it would go away. It kept happening and I sat and thought what could it be. I then realized it must be a spider on my door handle. Had to get the bug man to spray my door and kill that bugger cuz he would not stop biting me! By by spidey.

I hate spiders and their venom hates me. Gotta protect myself. I don't go out of my way to kill them but if they are in my territory, they are goners!
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West

Return to “General Chit Chat”