Went to the Movies Today.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Watched "Noah."

Very, very boring and disappointing. In fact even the presence of one of my favourite earthlings Emma Watson, didn't make it any easier to watch. And to make matters worse it was in 3D so we had to wear those glasses.

It should easily win the Worst Movie on The Golden Raspberry Awards.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, then. I will save my money, and wait for it to come to Netfilx.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Whew, thanks for the heads up. Looks like I dodged a bullet there, I was going to see it this weekend.
brightlikeme

Post by brightlikeme »

I went to Movie recently, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya its a very Good Movie and there are many Characters , That have touched me In their Performances
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

jones jones;1451730 wrote: Watched "Noah."

Very, very boring and disappointing. In fact even the presence of one of my favourite earthlings Emma Watson, didn't make it any easier to watch. And to make matters worse it was in 3D so we had to wear those glasses.

It should easily win the Worst Movie on The Golden Raspberry Awards.
Pretty much exactly what I said in the "What Movies Have You See Lately" thread - apart from the 3D bit, that is.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

We have to drive 30 miles round trip to go to the theater.

Don't go to the movies very often.

Last one we went to see was "God's Not Dead"
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

From what I've seen on TV programmes & various movies, Drive-In Movies seem to be very much part of the American Culture, yet I don't know of any in the UK. I can't help wondering if it might catch on.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1461462 wrote: From what I've seen on TV programmes & various movies, Drive-In Movies seem to be very much part of the American Culture, yet I don't know of any in the UK. I can't help wondering if it might catch on.

Drive-in movies were a way of life back in the fifties and sixties.

They were great in the days when real estate was cheap.

When I was young, my parents would head for the drive-in every weekend. I saw a lot of the great movies of the fifties in the drive-in in those days.

In the sixties, it was a fun place to take a date.

They started fading in the seventies. the few that survive have just eked out an existence.

There are six of them left in Colorado. A few have come up with novel ways to attract people.

But, I suspect we will see them fade away in the next decade or so.
- DH Lawrence
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

LarsMac;1461467 wrote: Drive-in movies were a way of life back in the fifties and sixties.

They were great in the days when real estate was cheap.

When I was young, my parents would head for the drive-in every weekend. I saw a lot of the great movies of the fifties in the drive-in in those days.

In the sixties, it was a fun place to take a date.

They started fading in the seventies. the few that survive have just eked out an existence.

There are six of them left in Colorado. A few have come up with novel ways to attract people.

But, I suspect we will see them fade away in the next decade or so.

The last one I went to had great sound through the car's FM radio. It also had WiFi where you could order a pizza or other food and have it delivered to your vehicle. It was fun.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

FourPart;1461462 wrote: From what I've seen on TV programmes & various movies, Drive-In Movies seem to be very much part of the American Culture, yet I don't know of any in the UK. I can't help wondering if it might catch on.
Not a lot of room in the UK for such things I would guess.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1461471 wrote: Not a lot of room in the UK for such things I would guess.
I disagree. There's loads of sites that are used for nothing more than the big weekly Car Boot Sales. They would be ideal spots. A few enterprising Burger Vans could make a fortune.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1461476 wrote: I disagree. There's loads of sites that are used for nothing more than the big weekly Car Boot Sales. They would be ideal spots. A few enterprising Burger Vans could make a fortune.

You may have a point there. There are a number of Drive-ins that hold Flea markets and trade fairs on their sites.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

I saw "Edge of Tomorrow" with Tom Cruise. I love a good sci-fi flick (and detest bad ones like "Sharknado!") and that movie really blew me away. It is outstanding science fiction. I also saw "Transcendence" recently on blu-ray and I really like it as well. Not in the same action-packed league as "Edge" but very thoughtful and fascinating.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”