What the Hell Happened in Panama?

High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

More of the same …....

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Gee, next you may wish to investigate American intrigue during the Barbary Wars.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Post by gmc »

LarsMac;1461358 wrote: Gee, next you may wish to investigate American intrigue during the Barbary Wars.

I've always thought the barbary wars were to america's credit.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I thought it was about Barbar the Elephant.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Wasn't that Babar?
- DH Lawrence
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

LarsMac;1461358 wrote: Gee, next you may wish to investigate American intrigue during the Barbary Wars.

Did you watch the film? I don't know about you but I knew next to nothing about the situation in Panama. I had only a vague notion of the U.S. invasion to stop the legally agreed turn-over of certain national resources to the Panamanian people and the American's crushing Panamanian Democracy. So this film is quite an eye-opener.

But if you send me a link to the “American intrigue during the Barbary Wars” then I promise to have a look at it. Thanks for the tip! :yh_clap
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

High Threshold;1461373 wrote: Did you watch the film? I don't know about you but I knew next to nothing about the situation in Panama. I had only a vague notion of the U.S. invasion to stop the legally agreed turn-over of certain national resources to the Panamanian people and the American's crushing Panamanian Democracy. So this film is quite an eye-opener.

But if you send me a link to the “American intrigue during the Barbary Wars” then I promise to have a look at it. Thanks for the tip! :yh_clap

No, I did not watch the video. Sorry, but it seems to have a problem getting through my anti-Malware filters.

The us "Invasion" had nothing to do with trying "to stop the legally agreed turn-over of certain national resources to the Panamanian people and the American's crushing Panamanian Democracy."

Noriega was NOT a "Democratically elected leader" And in case you didn't notice, the canal is safely in the hands of the people of Panama, these days.
- DH Lawrence
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

LarsMac;1461393 wrote: No, I did not watch the video. Sorry, but it seems to have a problem getting through my anti-Malware filters.

I forgot you live in the U.S. You are probably censored from seeing it.

LarsMac;1461393 wrote: The us "Invasion" had nothing to do with trying "to stop the legally agreed turn-over of certain national resources to the Panamanian people and the American's crushing Panamanian Democracy."

It most certainly did. If you could see the documentary film you'd know that by now.

LarsMac;1461393 wrote: Noriega was NOT a "Democratically elected leader".

That's right. Noriega was part of the CIA operation to destroy Democracy. Noriega was assisted by the U.S. exactly as the Shah was. Too bad you can't see the film.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

High Threshold;1461398 wrote: I forgot you live in the U.S. You are probably censored from seeing it.

It most certainly did. If you could see the documentary film you'd know that by now.

That's right. Noriega was part of the CIA operation to destroy Democracy. Noriega was assisted by the U.S. exactly as the Shah was. Too bad you can't see the film.

Just because one calls it a documentary does not make it truth.

You know nothing about Panama and Noriega but what someone else told you. I was there.

The 70s were not a good time for US diplomacy. That is certainly true.

I am not defending the US and how they used Noriega in the 70s. We overlooked his drug trafficking because he was helpful against the Sandinistas, but after Torrijos died, he became a problem.

And Daddy Bush had to put him down.

Noriega was Not a bastion of Democracy, by any stretch of the word.
- DH Lawrence
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

LarsMac;1461399 wrote: Just because one calls it a documentary does not make it truth.

No! You're joking! Who told you that?!

LarsMac;1461399 wrote: You know nothing about Panama and Noriega but what someone else told you.

Really? I know many, many things and some of it was told to me by “someone else”!

LarsMac;1461399 wrote: I was there.

No kidding? I have been to many, many places round the world and even I lived many years in the U.S. yet I find out something new about it nearly every day (despite that “I was there”). Strange, huh.

LarsMac;1461399 wrote: I am not defending the US and how they used Noriega in the 70s. We overlooked his drug trafficking because he was helpful against the Sandinistas …..

No. That's not true. You are wrong. The U.S. didn't “overlook” his drug trafficking ….. the CIA shuffled his drugs to the U.S. for him with their own airplanes! Are you sure “you were there”? I'm beginning to doubt it.

LarsMac;1461399 wrote: Noriega was Not a bastion of Democracy, by any stretch of the word.

That's right. Noriega was the CIA plan to destroy Democracy and have a base in Latin America from which to spread non-stabilization.

There is a ton of interviews (in the documentary film) of people who claim “they were there” and even many Panamanians “who were there” too. Perhaps they ought to have spoken with you first, before making the documentary. You really need to see that documentary film so you can contact all of those people and tell them they are all wrong. Yep, it's really too bad about the American censorship. :-1
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Believe what you want.

I don't really care.
- DH Lawrence
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

LarsMac;1461402 wrote: Believe what you want.

Actually, it's very seldom that I believe "what I really want to believe" because it often explodes in my face. I find it's much more prudent to believe what makes sense, fits all of the facts (as Sherlock Holmes says) and is backed up by credible witnesses and documents. Even those who claim they "were there" don't always impress me, unless "where" they were (specifically) is relevant to any given point of interest. But thanks for your blessing. I know that you mean well.

LarsMac;1461402 wrote: I don't really care.

Yes, you do. Very much so you do.

But let me ask you a question, "were you there" at the landing strip when the CIA planes allegedly loaded Noriega's dope - or is it "what someone else told you" that makes you believe it isn't true? I'm just asking because I think you're trying to tell me that "you were there" EVERYWHERE and at ALL TIMES like an Ojo de Dio . I mean, how could you know everything about everything unless you were? I mean, other than "someone else telling you".
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The dope operation was one thing. I wasn't there.

And what Ollie and the boys did in those days was despicable, and and the whole lot of them should have been hanged for treason. But then the public would have known a lot more than they really want to, and Daddy B would never have made the WH.

The invasion of Panama was another, and as I said before, Ol' Manuel was NOT a champion of Democratic rule. Anyone who suggest such is a liar.

As I also said in an earlier post. The dog got too big, and had to be put down.

That is really all I have to say on the matter.

Moving on, now.
- DH Lawrence
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

LarsMac;1461406 wrote: The dope operation was one thing. I wasn't there.

And what Ollie and the boys did in those days was despicable, and and the whole lot of them should have been hanged for treason. But then the public would have known a lot more than they really want to, and Daddy B would never have made the WH.

The invasion of Panama was another, and as I said before, Ol' Manuel was NOT a champion of Democratic rule. Anyone who suggest such is a liar.

As I also said in an earlier post. The dog got too big, and had to be put down.

You see now! That's exactly what I was talking about. You said .....

LarsMac;1461402 wrote: Believe what you want.

.... and what I want to believe is that you're full of it ..... but I can't find a single thing here to disagree with. :wah:

Return to “History”