US is an Oligarchy

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
Bruv

US is an Oligarchy

Post by Bruv »

The U.S. government does not represent the interests of the majority of the country's citizens, but is instead ruled by those of the rich and powerful

They have to do studies to discover the obvious ?

I don't think it is limited to the US though.

Hope the source is acceptable.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Wandrin

US is an Oligarchy

Post by Wandrin »

I'm shocked! I'm shocked that the media would actually acknowledge this. It's been pretty obvious for a long time, but the media has ignored it.
tude dog

US is an Oligarchy

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1451963 wrote: They have to do studies to discover the obvious ?

I don't think it is limited to the US though.

Oh gee.

I have no idea about Business Insider or what their editorial policies are.

Ok, they reproduce an article from

The Telegraph

What is cute, the Business Insider used this picture

whereas The Telegraph used this

Ok, so now we have an idea of where The Telegraph and Business insider are coming from, what about the study itself?

Testing Theories of American Politics:

Elites, Interest Groups, and Average Citizens

I went to the study it self and it only confirmed what I already knew, both the study and Business insider were full of "IT".

Business Insider is a fancy blog, of opionon

Pay a little attention and you can read it yourself.

The study comes after McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission, a controversial piece of legislation passed in the Supreme Court that abolished campaign-contribution limits, and record low approval ratings for the U.S. Congress.

I think thid "study" is what has become known as a "push back".
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Bruv

US is an Oligarchy

Post by Bruv »

Hey Tude.......so you look up the sources, throw in a few images to show where the journals are 'coming from' disregard the 'study' was from Princeton and Northwestern Universities and end up putting it all down to a "Push back"

But what do YOU think about the content?
tude dog

US is an Oligarchy

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1451974 wrote: Hey Tude.......so you look up the sources, throw in a few images to show where the journals are 'coming from' disregard the 'study' was from Princeton and Northwestern Universities and end up putting it all down to a "Push back"

But what do YOU think about the content?

If you are asking about the "study", I already said

I went to the study it self and it only confirmed what I already knew, both the study and Business insider were full of "IT".

Maybe as a preamble, I should have made it clear I was addressing your

Bruv

US is an Oligarchy

Post by Bruv »

The study confirmed what you already knew?

So you agree with it's findings then, that the US is an oligarchy?

Is "IT" an American euphemism ? Or are you too well brought up to say Sh*te......I never know with you, keep your cards very close to your chest, lest we glimpse the real you ?

I think they used computors to speed up the results.
Wandrin

US is an Oligarchy

Post by Wandrin »

When I grow up I hope I can afford to pay lobbyists so my vote will count too.
tude dog

US is an Oligarchy

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1451982 wrote:

Is "IT" an American euphemism ? Or are you too well brought up to say Sh*te......

yea, "full of it" is common, meaning "full of ****" .

My parents did not use foul language, nor any of my friends.
recovering conservative

US is an Oligarchy

Post by recovering conservative »

Just a question: why is this in the conspiracy theory section? It should be obvious to all but the clueless. As for sources...the superrich aren't even bothering to contest the facts when a headline like this appears in Bloomberg: Top 1% Got 93% of Income Growth as Rich-Poor Gap Widened

Government by the rich, for the rich!
LarsMac

US is an Oligarchy

Post by LarsMac »

I have not read the "Study" quoted, but it is fairly obvious to most that much of US politics at the national level "managed" by the Corporate Big Dogs.

If you really think this is unique to the US, you really haven't been paying much attention.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
recovering conservative

US is an Oligarchy

LarsMac;1459776 wrote: I have not read the "Study" quoted, but it is fairly obvious to most that much of US politics at the national level "managed" by the Corporate Big Dogs.

If you really think this is unique to the US, you really haven't been paying much attention.

I don't recall saying that oligarchy is a uniquely U.S. experience!

FWIW, after spending the post-WWII decades trying to keep some separation from U.S. products, culture and politics, Canada is being overrun by U.S. economic policy thanks to opening the door to globalization back when FTA...which quickly morphed into NAFTA became policy. The Liberal Party defeated the Tories mainly on a platform of scrapping a national sales tax and NAFTA...and then quickly backed down on both accounts....same old, same old! But, now that we have a Conservative Prime Minister on the same level apparently as this clown who's PM of Australia now, the doors are wide open to U.S. oligarchs, corporate pop media, American political advisers (hello Frank Luntz!), and Canada has abandoned its time-honoured position of being even-handed in foreign policy (even during prior conservative governments) to marching in lock-step with any and every idiotic policy that comes out of Washington! The days when American students traveling in the Third World put Canadian flag stickers on their bags and luggage for protection are long over now!

So, like it or not...and this is coming from someone who still is a dual citizen and still maintains a few family connections with U.S. relatives...when the rest of the world speaks of Oligarchy, we know exactly where the HQ of the oligarchy lies, and who benefits from enforcing the suicidal globalization regime through force of arms around the world!
LarsMac

US is an Oligarchy

Post by LarsMac »

recovering conservative;1459777 wrote: I don't recall saying that oligarchy is a uniquely U.S. experience!

FWIW, after spending the post-WWII decades trying to keep some separation from U.S. products, culture and politics, Canada is being overrun by U.S. economic policy thanks to opening the door to globalization back when FTA...which quickly morphed into NAFTA became policy. The Liberal Party defeated the Tories mainly on a platform of scrapping a national sales tax and NAFTA...and then quickly backed down on both accounts....same old, same old! But, now that we have a Conservative Prime Minister on the same level apparently as this clown who's PM of Australia now, the doors are wide open to U.S. oligarchs, corporate pop media, American political advisers (hello Frank Luntz!), and Canada has abandoned its time-honoured position of being even-handed in foreign policy (even during prior conservative governments) to marching in lock-step with any and every idiotic policy that comes out of Washington! The days when American students traveling in the Third World put Canadian flag stickers on their bags and luggage for protection are long over now!

So, like it or not...and this is coming from someone who still is a dual citizen and still maintains a few family connections with U.S. relatives...when the rest of the world speaks of Oligarchy, we know exactly where the HQ of the oligarchy lies, and who benefits from enforcing the suicidal globalization regime through force of arms around the world!

Chill, Dude.

You seem to think I was trying argue with you. I was merely making a statement.

That 1% is pretty much a global figure, not just an American one.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
recovering conservative

US is an Oligarchy

LarsMac;1459783 wrote: Chill, Dude.

You seem to think I was trying argue with you. I was merely making a statement.

That 1% is pretty much a global figure, not just an American one.
Yes, and even within that 1%, there is a pecking order when it comes to who benefits, as the controlling interests of the system are a .1% or .01% of total population. That 1% and .1% internationally....the billionaires like Carlos Slim in Mexico and the billionaires in India and most other third world nations, have earned their billions by working on behalf of the Oligarchy locally. They are the local gangster capitalist who have enriched themselves by overseeing the debt-loading and privatization of their national economies.

The lower rungs of the 1% demographic are high paid professionals...many of whom do the actual work of running things for their bosses. But, their interests lie with the tiny, powerful class of billionaires, because they also benefit from changes to tax rules worldwide, that have been crafted to benefit investment income over earned income. Us peons who have tax-free retirement plans or the few of us who still work in places with company or union-managed pension plans benefit from income earnings only after retirement. And as I get closer to the time when I can draw my company pension and government pension, I'm finding that I will have to put off actual retirement further and further into the future, because they are not keeping up with the cost of living (regardless of what phony inflation numbers tell us). And this is typical of the situation that most people I know who are planning retirement/or have recently retired, find themselves facing.

But, my larger point earlier, is that a lot of the rest-of-the-world finds it both baffling and infuriating how clueless the average American is on issues like: why the U.S. Dollar is maintained as reserve currency for international trading at the point of a gun! This is the main underlying point behind most of the proxy wars that have gone on in the 21st century. The U.S. Government knows full well that it's not just a few small cranks in the Middle East who want to drop the Dollar. Russia, China, Brazil, India, and every other nations loses billions each year in real value of their trades, because they use a currency that is being deliberately devalued by deliberate inflating of the money supply...and it's the only way the U.S. can keep feeding the beast: that huge and growing and impossible to afford military and security complex.
katsung47

US is an Oligarchy

Post by katsung47 »

Wandrin;1451970 wrote: I'm shocked! I'm shocked that the media would actually acknowledge this. It's been pretty obvious for a long time, but the media has ignored it.

The ruling class control this country by intelligence and media. They are tools and servants. How could a servant do anything against his master?
AnneBoleyn

US is an Oligarchy

Post by AnneBoleyn »

katsung47;1465248 wrote: The ruling class control this country by intelligence and media. They are tools and servants. How could a servant do anything against his master?

Check.

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”