Oi Lady J

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Post by Oscar Namechange »

You advised me I should... so I did

My new Investment.

Done the deal for her yesterday.... a 2 year old Chestnut Bay Filly

Just completed her three races to qualify with the British Horse Racing Authority as a Handicapper sprinter on the Flat.

Click on pic to enlarge

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lady J

Oi Lady J

Post by Lady J »

What a gorgeous horse! I'm betting you are extremely excited about this! Congratulations!:yh_party

So what is her name?

When do you think she will be ready to go?

And who will be lucky enuf to be on her back?

Tell me more about running the Flats....and what the plan is.

I'm excited for you...and thanks for the flattery but I doubt that I had anything to do with you purchasing this horse! :wah: I know we discussed it .... that was kind of you!

Oi!!
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Lady J;1453323 wrote: What a gorgeous horse! I'm betting you are extremely excited about this! Congratulations!:yh_party

So what is her name?

When do you think she will be ready to go?

And who will be lucky enuf to be on her back?

Tell me more about running the Flats....and what the plan is.

I'm excited for you...and thanks for the flattery but I doubt that I had anything to do with you purchasing this horse! :wah: I know we discussed it .... that was kind of you!

Oi!!

Oi !!!!!

Yes, very excited. Although my diet will now be egg and fries In order to pay for her :wah:

I will send you the details In private but her race updates I will be posting on Facebook for friends and family.

Flat racing.... My Forte Is National Hunt and Steeple Chasing run In the winter months here over fences. The Flat season during the summer bores me rigid however, when buying Into a race horse, generally speaking, there Is far less risk of Injury and even fatalities over a short sprint. National Hunt also see's a different type of horse bred and built for stamina typically over 3 mile races whereas a sprinter will run from 5 furlongs up.

National Hunt horses are graded In Grades. The Cheltenham Festival for example see's champion Grade I and 2's coming together. In Flat racing they are Grouped with the highest Group 1.

Any horse must complete three races for The British Horse Racing Authority to accept them as a handicapper competing In races where they weight they are carrying Is In relation to their last performance. Vital !!!!!!

Now to suggest that race horse trainers and jockeys deliberately hold back the horse In those first three races so they are unplaced In order to get a lower handicap for the season would just be sheer libel, slander and fantasy :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky: :thinking::wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

This Is her Sire

Captain Gerrard (IRE) | Horse Profile | Sky Sports Horse Racing
AnneBoleyn

Oi Lady J

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Beautiful Horse, oscar! I will be rooting for you & her. Have great luck, what a gorgeous girl she is!
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

AnneBoleyn;1453350 wrote: Beautiful Horse, oscar! I will be rooting for you & her. Have great luck, what a gorgeous girl she is! One of my American friends said to me ' She's a tall drink of water Isn't she?' ... I had to google that.

Thank you Anne...

It's quite a thrill to wear an Owners Badge Into the race course.

Her trainer Is looking at where her next race will be... It will be In the next few weeks.
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

My other Investment of which I am one of 10 owners was 3rd today at Nottingham... little bit of place prize money....
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

My new Investment Is entered at Catterick next week, Friday 6th June In a Nursery flat sprint.

Hope to be there to see her paraded, wearing my owners badge and maybe, just maybe going to collect her prize In the winners enclosure... well, I can dream eh?
Lady J

Oi Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Very exciting! I hope your rider is left handed and has a strong arm.:yh_wink

I'll be checking to see the outcome and hope for an image of you in the Winner's Circle!

Crossing my fingers for a great run!
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Lady J;1456277 wrote: Very exciting! I hope your rider is left handed and has a strong arm.:yh_wink

I'll be checking to see the outcome and hope for an image of you in the Winner's Circle!

Crossing my fingers for a great run! Thanks R... My other Investment Is also entered for a race that week... Of course I don't actually mind If they lose. There's a lot of perks on the race course wearing an owners badge, It's the other side of the Industry for me and I love meeting new connections and learning. I'll keep you updated.
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

My other Investment was beaten Into 2nd by the favourite by a head Yesterday. So close. Still, 2nd place prize money In the bank.
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

My previous Investment has an entry at the extremely prestigious Epsom Downs on 3rd July or Doncaster 4th July. He'll be withdrawn from one or the other depending on ground conditions.

My new Investment has an entry at Warwick on the 4th July....

Run like the winds boys
Lady J

Oi Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Oscar Namechange;1458560 wrote: My previous Investment has an entry at the extremely prestigious Epsom Downs on 3rd July or Doncaster 4th July. He'll be withdrawn from one or the other depending on ground conditions.

Run like the winds boys

Very exciting!!

That has to be some juggling around...I mean you probably won't know the ground conditions until the night before? What happens if you scratch him off the race on the 3rd and the 4th is not much better?

Much success to you and your boys!
Lady J

Oi Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Oscar Namechange;1458560 wrote:

Our Independence Day here in the USA!

I would find it very cool to be associated with a winning horse!

Best wishes and a great run!
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Lady J;1458929 wrote:

Very exciting!!

That has to be some juggling around...I mean you probably won't know the ground conditions until the night before? What happens if you scratch him off the race on the 3rd and the 4th is not much better?

Much success to you and your boys! Thanks R...

Epsom Is one end of the country In Surrey and Doncaster the other end In the North In Yorkshire... Their trainer will weigh up the weather and ground conditions the day before and make the choice on the assumption that the distance between the two race meetings will see different weather and ground conditions.

If they are the same, he'll go for the race where she's got the best handicap advantage against other entrants. If both race meetings have really unsuitable ground for her, he'll pull her from both rather than risk her running badly... for us shareholders, It's his decision, It's what we pay them for.... we don't always agree with the decision but sometimes that's just the way the mop flops and we have to accept It...However, It's a good management team... they'll make the right choices.... I'll get declarations confirmation the night before.
Lady J

Oi Lady J

Post by Lady J »

so Oscar....did Your horse run today or is it put off till tomorrow? Which is now your today.

If it is tomorrow/today then you have two invested horses running!

That is exciting and fun!
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Lady J;1459220 wrote: so Oscar....did Your horse run today or is it put off till tomorrow? Which is now your today.

If it is tomorrow/today then you have two invested horses running!

That is exciting and fun!

Thanks LJ :-4

Withdrawn from Epsom... ground unsuitable

The 4.20 this afternoon from Warwick

4:20

RICOH - IMAGINE CHANGE - USE MIDSHIRE NURSERY HANDICAP (CLASS 6) (2yo) Winner £1,941 10 runners 5f Good RUK

Race Conditions: £3,000 guaranteed For 2yo Weights highest weight not less than 9st 7lb Minimum weight 8-0 Penalties after June 21st, each race won 7lb Rita's Boy's Handicap Mark 75 Entries 20 pay £ 15 Penalty value 1st £1,940.70 2nd £577.50 3rd £288.60 4th £144.30

NO. FORM HORSE AGE WGT TRAINER RTF% JOCKEY OR TS RPR

Owner details Rita´s Boy 2 9-8 K R Burke43 Joey Haynes3 75 51 81

22 Captain Rio — The Oldladysays No (IRE) (Perugino (USA))

Owner details Don Sigfredo p 2 9-1 Tom Dascombe53 Hayley Turner 68 64 83

28 Majestic Missile (IRE) — Harvest Joy (IRE) (Daggers Drawn (USA))

Owner details River Spirit 2 9-1 Mick Channon52 Sam Hitchcott 68 66 82

20 Avonbridge — Pooka´s Daughter (IRE) (Eagle Eyed (USA))

Owner details Foxtrot Knight 2 9-0 Olly Stevens67 Harry Bentley 67 64 82

23 Kyllachy — Rustam (Dansili)

Owner details Zebs Lad 2 8-12 Ronald Harris44 Steve Drowne 65 41 78

28 Zebedee — Dubai Princess (IRE) (Dubai Destination (USA))

Owner details Toytown 2 8-6 Derek Shaw40 Charles Bishop3 59 71 76

21 Excellent Art — Teddy Bears Picnic (Oasis Dream)

Owner details Hell For Leather p 2 8-3 Bill Turner33 David Probert 56 58 75

7 Hellvelyn — Bengers Lass (USA) (Orientate (USA))

Owner details Penalty Scorer v1 2 8-3 Owners names removed by Oscar Philip Prince5 56 65 76

20 Captain Gerrard (IRE) — Mindfulness (Primo Dominie)

Owner details Verchild Lad 2 8-0 David Evans55 DOUBTFUL 53 67 73

34 Verglas (IRE) — Confidentiality (IRE) (Desert Style (IRE))

Owner details Lady Zodiac 2 8-0 Tim Pitt50 Jimmy Quinn 52 48 82

20 Kodiac — Treacle Noir (IRE) (Raise A Grand (IRE))

Long Handicap: Lady Zodiac 7-13

Betting forecast: 11/4 Foxtrot Knight, 3/1 River Spirit, 9/2 Don Sigfredo, 7/1 Rita´s Boy, 8/1 Lady Zodiac, 14/1 Toytown, 14/1 Zebs Lad, 16/1 Penalty Scorer, 25/1 Hell For Leather.
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

She was Last :wah:

Oh well, she's only two years old and only her second time out since her statutary qualifying first 3 races.... not all bad news... It means she'll run off a lighter weight next time out and her handicap will be adjusted accordingly for a lower handicap Tuesday.

She wasn't miles behind so that's something.. about 3 lengths off the winning group.

I'll forgive her. She's still a baby learning and gaining experience. At least she came out the stalls... Mad Moose take note :wah:

8th 3L Penalty Scorer (GB) 7-12

(Drawn 7)

Captain Gerrard (IRE) - Mindfulness (GB)(Primo Dominie)

(Morning price: 12/1 14/1 16/1)

SP 25/1

Took time getting Into stride, but was mid division quickly racing well paced until 2 F's out but seemed to tire 1 F out....

Warwick saw the ground watered today so It could be the ground was still too firm for her and too fast paced.

Other Investment withdrawn due to ground conditions.
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Lady J;1458929 wrote:

Very exciting!!

Much success to you and your boys!Now to explain further... besides the two Investments.

Often, racing syndicates have horses put Into a syndicate that due to poor race stats, don't get shareholders buying In to them. Now, these horses still need to be kept In the manner they've come accustomed to and pay trainers, entrant fee's Jockey fee's etc etc.

Unfortunately, If these horse have poor form, they don't get Investors so some management teams such as mine do an offer.

They will get a number of poor performers and lump them together In a group of 10 owners for a flat monthly fee to pay for all 8 expenses.

Now, that's a chance you take. In reality, you have an extra 8 horses who could potentially earn you prize money or potentially cost you big time each month.

At the beginning of the Flat season, I was made an offer by the people who I have the two with to go In as one of 10 owners on 8 horses who had not been performing. It was a gamble and after consideration, I signed up... Just being able to get Owner badges and go to the race courses as an owner of any of the 8 when I wanted was worth the gamble.

Anyway....

My heartiest hugs to one of those 8 who ran his heart out yesterday. Ted's Brother being one of my 8... I couldn't make the trip to Nottingham to see him but this means 1st place prize money..... Get In there !!!!!

9:00 - Watch Racing UK On Channel 432 Handicap

Full result

1m½f, Class 5, £2,587.60

1 Ted's Brother 14/1

2 Simply Shining 6/1

3 No Dominion 8/1

11 ran Distances: nk, hd, 3l

TIME 1m 46.51s (slow by 4.51s)
Lady J

Oi Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Oscar Namechange;1459403 wrote: Now to explain further... besides the two Investments.

Often, racing syndicates have horses put Into a syndicate that due to poor race stats, don't get shareholders buying In to them. Now, these horses still need to be kept In the manner they've come accustomed to and pay trainers, entrant fee's Jockey fee's etc etc.

Unfortunately, If these horse have poor form, they don't get Investors so some management teams such as mine do an offer.

They will get a number of poor performers and lump them together In a group of 10 owners for a flat monthly fee to pay for all 8 expenses.

Now, that's a chance you take. In reality, you have an extra 8 horses who could potentially earn you prize money or potentially cost you big time each month.

At the beginning of the Flat season, I was made an offer by the people who I have the two with to go In as one of 10 owners on 8 horses who had not been performing. It was a gamble and after consideration, I signed up... Just being able to get Owner badges and go to the race courses as an owner of any of the 8 when I wanted was worth the gamble.

Anyway....

My heartiest hugs to one of those 8 who ran his heart out yesterday. Ted's Brother being one of my 8... I couldn't make the trip to Nottingham to see him but this means 1st place prize money..... Get In there !!!!!

9:00 - Watch Racing UK On Channel 432 Handicap

Full result

1m½f, Class 5, £2,587.60

1 Ted's Brother 14/1

2 Simply Shining 6/1

3 No Dominion 8/1

11 ran Distances: nk, hd, 3l

TIME 1m 46.51s (slow by 4.51s)

Them lumping up the poor performers and getting investors reminds me of what the banks did here on bad loans...which caused the collapse of our economy....but I shall not digress.

So back to subject...You now are in a share holding with 10 horses.....if I understand this correctly. The two you have and then 8 more? Very impressive!

And the fact that Ted's Brother came in second is awesome!!! I bet you are a very proud owner!

Who knows what the others may do!

I would like to think you are celebrating with your winnings? Or are the winnings keeping the monthly tab? :)

Thanks for keeping me posted and everyone else Oscar!

I wish you and your pride the best of success!
Peter Lake

Oi Lady J

Post by Peter Lake »

Lady J;1459458 wrote: Them lumping up the poor performers and getting investors reminds me of what the banks did here on bad loans...which caused the collapse of our economy....but I shall not digress.

So back to subject...You now are in a share holding with 10 horses.....if I understand this correctly. The two you have and then 8 more? Very impressive!

And the fact that Ted's Brother came in second is awesome!!! I bet you are a very proud owner!

I would like to think you are celebrating with your winnings? Or are the winnings keeping the monthly tab? :)

I wish you and your pride the best of success!Ted's Brother came first at 14/1 Lady J.
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Lady J;1459458 wrote: Them lumping up the poor performers and getting investors reminds me of what the banks did here on bad loans...which caused the collapse of our economy....but I shall not digress.

I wish you and your pride the best of success! This Is one of many E Mails I get on my 8 ... Have deleted names...

To: *** ; Group

Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2014 9:31 PM

Subject: *** Syndicate Weekend Update

Dear *** Member

Please see attached latest update regarding *** horses from the various yards.

All last week’s performances are detailed in the attached, but if I may just add a few words

Firstly let's start on a positive, Ted's Brother, what a warrior battled all the way to the line to give the *** our 5th winner of 2014, whilst we have the likes of Ted, Piceno and Fazza we will always have a chance of being in the winner’s enclosure. These horses ALWAYS give 110% no matter what , weight , ground and even sometimes the jockey, so you shouldn’t be surprised when these lads pop up and make a complete ash of all the stats , we thought TB would need some rain to increase his chances , but like I did say he was well and was there to do his best. And the old devil got stuck in to give us winner number 5 , a few more please Ted.

Sadly I made the wrong choice and set out on a 300 mile round trip to Carlisle to watch our new signing Nelson's Bay and meet our new trainer **** ******, all the details are in the attached, basically we expected a good show and definite place prospects, sadly it didn't work out that way and was a long 3 hour drive home , met some really nice members up there , we are lucky at *** because you guys (members/ owners) are super people and are a pleasure to know.

NB is back out tomorrow, back over a mile, plan is to have him handy, let's hope we see the real NB tomorrow.

Possible busy week coming up, I will be working on the R Guest stable visit, so watch this space.

Have a great week and most important BE LUCKY!

Kind Regards

So, Yes, very exciting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Dear Owner

Piceno has been DECLARED to run at Chester on Friday 11th July in the seven 1/2 furlong handicap & Miss M Bishop-Peck rides.

Kind Regards

Sales and Marketing Manager
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

I'm not going to post every update I get In E Mails on the group of 8 but will share this one because the trainer of Nelsons Bay just made me laugh so much In his update.

We get updates from the management and also updates from the horses trainers and this Is one I got last night.... have removed names.

To: *** Group

Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 7:57 PM

Subject: *** Syndicate Midweek Update

*** SYNDICATE MIDWEEK UPDATE

HORSES ARE OUR PASSION, OWNERS ARE OUR LIFEBLOOD

Blue Maisey- She is still cantering away and is fine. Edwin

Sally Friday- She’s is still on the walker and will be a few more weeks. Edwin

Vodka Red -Out in the field recovering. Bob

Pelmanism- I have entered him in two races next week, one at Windsor and the other at Beverley they are both good starting points for him. Gay

Soul Of Motion- He’s ready to go just finding that right race for him now. Gay

Dodina - In good form. Brian will provide a list of races we're going for in time for Sundays update.Brian

Nelson’s Bay- I think the horse “spat his dummy out” on Monday night due to having the tongue strap on, we had declared in a tongue tie so he had to run in it, the plan was to jump him out and have him handy Sadly the horse had other ideas, not getting a good break and being wide throughout and having to be scrubbed along by Amy throughout. He will not wear the tongue tie again. The horse was fine next morning, ate up and out in the field. The handicapper dropped him a 1lb for Sat night, where I feel he just did not get the trip, he will be reassessed next week and may even be dropped further, we will begin looking at future entries once we know what the Handicapper’s done, 0-60 handicaps will be the option. Wilf

Ted’s Brother- He is in fine form at Home. I’ve made an entry at Hamilton on Saturday over 1 mile and 3 furlongs which we may try as he stayed on very nicely to win. It’s an experiment but we will learn a bit more and it may give us lots off options. Richard

Penalty Scorer- She's had a few easy days and we started her back this morning. I will look at the race calendar to see where we go next. Richard

Piceno – He’s declared to run at Chester on Friday sadly he’s been drawn in the car park so his Jockey has a big job on her hands. Scott

Burnhope– He’s doing all we ask off him at home and it’s important I find the right race for him. Scott

If you don't like what we do tell us, if you do, tell a friend.

Kind Regards

Sales and Marketing Manager

Mobile: *************

Twitter **************

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
cars

Oi Lady J

Post by cars »

What a beauty Oscar, if she runs as good as she looks, she'll be a winner!
Cars :)
FourPart

Oi Lady J

Post by FourPart »

Sounds like Edwin slipped in a bit of news about his Granny.
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

cars;1459597 wrote: What a beauty Oscar, if she runs as good as she looks, she'll be a winner!

Thanks Cars and I hope so..... hope to bring backs some pics when I get a stable visit to get close to her.

As I said earlier, she's only 2 years old and learning still.

Fourpart... hahaha horses go on walkers when straining tendons.
Lady J

Oi Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Peter Lake;1459464 wrote: Ted's Brother came first at 14/1 Lady J.

Oops! Yes I saw my mistake!

thanks Peter!
Lady J

Oi Lady J

Post by Lady J »

"HORSES ARE OUR PASSION, OWNERS ARE OUR LIFEBLOOD " well said by a trainer :wah:and I liked the frankness of it!

So as an Owner what would be your version of this?
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Lady J;1459635 wrote: "HORSES ARE OUR PASSION, OWNERS ARE OUR LIFEBLOOD " well said by a trainer :wah:and I liked the frankness of it!

So as an Owner what would be your version of this? It pretty much dispels the myth that everyone associated with horse racing Is there to get drunk and scream at just one horse... Most of us are In It for the love of the horses.

One of my 8 runs tonight at Chester... as his trainer said, he's been drawn In the car park.... a sarcastic way of describing that he's drawn In Stall one which means he'll be wide throughout the race and the jockey will have a big job on her hands. He's been second In his last two races... we may get a place.

6:15

ABODE HOTEL HANDICAP (FOR LADY AMATEUR RIDERS) (CLASS 4) (4yo+ 0-80) Winner £6,586 15 runners 7f122y Good RUK

Race Conditions: £10,000 guaranteed For 4yo+ Rated 61-80 (also open to horses rated 60 and below) Weights highest weight not less than 10st 7lb Minimum weight 9-2 Penalties after June 28th, each race won 6lb Piceno's Handicap Mark 80 Allowances riders who, prior to July 8th, 2014 have not ridden more than 5 winners under the Rules of Racing 5lb Entries 31 pay £ 50 Penalty value 1st £6,586.00 2nd £2,026.00 3rd £1,013.00

NO. FORM HORSE AGE WGT TRAINER RTF% JOCKEY OR TS RPR

Owner details ********* Piceno p 6 10-7 Scott Dixon38 Miss M Bishop-Peck5 80 71 79

Owner details Licence To Till 7 10-7 Alan Berry36 Miss J R Richards 80 61 77

13 War Chant (USA) — With A Wink (USA) (Clever Trick (USA))

0-629P

Owner details Our Boy Jack 5 10-7 Richard Fahey67 Miss J McLernon5 80 49 80

48 Camacho — Jina (IRE) (Petardia)

Owner details Freddy With A Y v1 4 10-1 Gary Moore50 Miss Hayley Moore 74 50 85

20 Amadeus Wolf — Mataji (IRE) (Desert Prince (IRE))

0-1774

Owner details Exzachary 4 10-0 Jo Hughes43 Miss E J Jones 73 62 79

22 Multiplex — Icky Woo (Mark Of Esteem (IRE))

41-214

Owner details Cara´s Request 9 10-0 Michael Dods78 Miss M Nicholls5 73 66 79

18 Urgent Request (IRE) — Carahill (AUS) (Danehill (USA))

Owner details My Single Malt hp 6 9-13 Julie Camacho33 Miss L Wilson5 72 68 80

62 Danehill Dancer (IRE) — Slip Dance (IRE) (Celtic Swing)

80-189

Owner details Another Try 9 9-11 Timothy Jarvis56 Miss T Sutherland5 70 40 78

27 Spinning World (USA) — Mad Annie (USA) (Anabaa (USA))

44-561

Owner details Orpsie Boy 11 9-9 Ruth Carr42 Miss S Brotherton 68 70 81

24 Orpen (USA) — Nordicolini (IRE) (Nordico (USA))

Owner details Kakapuka 7 9-9 Anabel K Murphy75 Miss Joanna Mason 68 59 79

17 Shinko Forest (IRE) — No Rehearsal (FR) (Baillamont (USA))

Owner details Prime Exhibit t 9 9-8 Daniel Mark Loughnane40 Miss Alice Mills 67 59 76

7 Selkirk (USA) — First Exhibit (Machiavellian (USA))
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Piceno withdrawn from the 6.15 at Chester tonight... trainer deemed ground unsuitable
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Ted's Brother lines up again tomorrow night at Hamilton... his trainer advises us that this Is an experiment over 1 mile 3 furlongs. He's running off a handicap of 75 following his win a few days ago so not fancied... he'll go off at around 10 or 12/1

1(1)

56-2212

Northside Prince (IRE) 21

10-0

G A Swinbank

B A Curtis

SP

2(8)

Ted's Brother (IRE) 7

10-0 he

R C Guest

D T Da Silva (5)

SP

3(4)

0-53322

Never Forever 6

9-10

J S Goldie

T Eaves

SP

4(3)

Operateur (IRE) 15

9-8

B Haslam

A Elliott

SP

5(7)

5310-54

Woodstock (IRE) 5

9-4

A C Whillans

G Whillans (5)

SP

6(5)

623-2

Itsnowcato 15

9-1

Ed Walker

Jack Mitchell

SP

7(6)

0-19312

Zanouska (USA) 37

8-10

M Johnston

Adrian Nicholls

SP

8(2)

Incurs Four Faults 16

8-1

K Dalgleish

Raul Da Silva

SP
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Ted's Brother failed to step up to the extra 3 furlongs and came 6th..... best keep him over one mile It looks.

A few of my 8 running for me In the next few days.

Penalty Scorer has been DECLARED to run at Yarmouth on Tuesday 15th July ( Tomorrow )

In the 7 furlong nursery seller & Duilio De Silva has been booked to

ride.

Dodina has been DECLARED to run at Catterick on Wednesday 16th July In

the 6 furlong seller & Megan Carberry rides...... ( Megan Carberry !!!! Wow !!! We're honoured )

Picenco Entered Ripon Sat 19th July

Pelmanism and Nelson's Bay Entered Redcar Sunday 20th July
Peter Lake

Oi Lady J

Post by Peter Lake »

I know nothing about horse racing but i am thrilled. I have just watched my wife's new investment Penalty Scorer on sky sports come in second behind the favourite at Yarmouth at 7/1 This means Oscar gets to go up and collect second place prize money for her and i may get a glimpse of the wife on the television in a minute.
FourPart

Oi Lady J

Post by FourPart »

Peter Lake;1459976 wrote: I know nothing about horse racing but i am thrilled. I have just watched my wife's new investment Penalty Scorer on sky sports come in second behind the favourite at Yarmouth at 7/1 This means Oscar gets to go up and collect second place prize money for her and i may get a glimpse of the wife on the television in a minute.
This is my limit of racing.
Peter Lake

Oi Lady J

Post by Peter Lake »

FourPart;1460012 wrote: This is my limit of racing. I have to say, horse racing has to be the most complicated set of rules and regulations i've encountered in sport.

Oscar has Dodina running in the 2.30 at Catterick today.
FourPart

Oi Lady J

Post by FourPart »

Don't forget it was horse racing that gave rise to the first ever Motion Picture.
Peter Lake

Oi Lady J

Post by Peter Lake »

Dodina 7th. Led all the way and seemed to weaken at the end. We've Just had an update that apparently Ted's Brother banged his head exiting the starting gate the other day and why he ran a poor race after his win but by all accounts, he's fine now.
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Peter Lake;1460122 wrote: Dodina 7th. Led all the way and seemed to weaken at the end. We've Just had an update that apparently Ted's Brother banged his head exiting the starting gate the other day and why he ran a poor race after his win but by all accounts, he's fine now.

It's the stalls

Piceno declared for the 4.50 Newmarket Sat 19th July

Matt Hopkins takes the ride
FourPart

Oi Lady J

Post by FourPart »

Oscar Namechange;1460149 wrote: It's the stalls

Well, you could hardly expect him to have a seat could you. Mind you, he could have a (horse) box.
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

FourPart;1460280 wrote: Well, you could hardly expect him to have a seat could you. Mind you, he could have a (horse) box. On a race course, horse entrants have a box stall. Depending on the course Her Majesty has a Royal Box. My husband was thinking of Greyhound racing I think when he said starting gate.
FourPart

Oi Lady J

Post by FourPart »

Oscar Namechange;1460283 wrote: On a race course, horse entrants have a box stall. Depending on the course Her Majesty has a Royal Box. My husband was thinking of Greyhound racing I think when he said starting gate.
And men have a Male Box.

I've always thought of horses as having Starting Gates. I thought with Greyhounds it was a Trap (although I'm probably wrong there).
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

After a night of thunderstorms and torrential rain, the ground at Newmarket was deemed unsuitable for Piceno and he was withdrawn NUO.

Some very sad news today. One of my 8, Pelmanism suffered a serious Injury this morning In training In the stalls and has suffered a fractured skull.

The management at *** are looking for a replacement for the shareholders but we just pray the horse will be OK. What with Ted's Brother banging his head exiting his stall last week, this Is why I have always loathed the use of stalls but It's essential In flat racing.

Nelson's Bay declared for tomorrow.
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Nelson's Bay was 11th... at least he didn't bang his head In the stalls but his antics may see him join the Mad Moose club.

Burnhope another of my 8, has been DECLARED to run at Leicester on Wednesday 23rd July In

the seven furlong handicap & Kevin Locking has been booked to ride.
Lady J

Oi Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Oscar Namechange;1460349 wrote: After a night of thunderstorms and torrential rain, the ground at Newmarket was deemed unsuitable for Piceno and he was withdrawn NUO.

Some very sad news today. One of my 8, Pelmanism suffered a serious Injury this morning In training In the stalls and has suffered a fractured skull.

The management at *** are looking for a replacement for the shareholders but we just pray the horse will be OK. What with Ted's Brother banging his head exiting his stall last week, this Is why I have always loathed the use of stalls but It's essential In flat racing.

Nelson's Bay declared for tomorrow.

Oi Oscar!!

First I am excited for all the activity with your horses! Very exciting news... sounds like if you can keep your horses running you will be spending some time in the Winner's Circle.:)

Second I must apologize for my lack of response...been busy with work(s).

Third - why does the horse slam it's head into the stall? As always I am looking to learn...and to think a horse would hit it's head so hard it cracks it's skull? Is it a fear of being confined?

Lady J
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Lady J;1460588 wrote: Oi Oscar!!

First I am excited for all the activity with your horses! Very exciting news... sounds like if you can keep your horses running you will be spending some time in the Winner's Circle.:)

Second I must apologize for my lack of response...been busy with work(s).

Third - why does the horse slam it's head into the stall? As always I am looking to learn...and to think a horse would hit it's head so hard it cracks it's skull? Is it a fear of being confined?

Lady J

A Stall handler Is considered one of the most dangerous jobs In this country.

It's a tiny metal box just the width of an average horse and If one spooks, dangerous for handler and horse.

I personally loathe them but they are essential for flat racing.

In National Hunt, a typical race Is run over 3 miles. The horse and jockey has time to regain the momentum of a late start but bearing In mind a 6 furlong sprint on the Flat lasts just 60 seconds, It's vital all horses start exactly at the same time together.

They tend to hit their heads on the over bar when they rear up once In side the stall,

All in a day's work for racehorse handlers - YouTube
FourPart

Oi Lady J

Post by FourPart »

What about those ones that use the ropes that fly up?
Oscar Namechange

Oi Lady J

Burnhope 3rd at 4/1

Share of place prize money :guitarist
Lady J

Oi Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Oscar Namechange;1460614 wrote: A Stall handler Is considered one of the most dangerous jobs In this country.

It's a tiny metal box just the width of an average horse and If one spooks, dangerous for handler and horse.

I personally loathe them but they are essential for flat racing.

In National Hunt, a typical race Is run over 3 miles. The horse and jockey has time to regain the momentum of a late start but bearing In mind a 6 furlong sprint on the Flat lasts just 60 seconds, It's vital all horses start exactly at the same time together.

They tend to hit their heads on the over bar when they rear up once In side the stall,

All in a day's work for racehorse handlers - YouTube

Very interesting....thank you for sharing Oscar!
Lady J

Oi Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Oscar Namechange;1460669 wrote: Burnhope 3rd at 4/1

Share of place prize money :guitarist

So what are you purchasing ....anything for Moi! :yh_rotfl

Return to “General Chit Chat”