The hypocrisy of Britain's multiculturalism

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

High Threshold;1458316 wrote: All right then, so now that the notion of multiculturalism is increasingly being blamed for the situation (that those in highly-congested cities detest while the uninitiated country-bumpkins haven't yet experienced in its fullest) then all we need to do is get down to formulating a set of clear rules on how to accept immigration through integration, without them losing their cultural identity and still not upset the host population, and then give it a new title. Simply toss out multiculturalism and replace it with the new title and rules with sensible laws supporting equality. Et violá! Le chat est satisfait.

It doesn't matter what you call it, the problem will remain until they find a way to filter newcomers into the population unseen with minimal disruption to local life.

The policy ought to be to disperse different cultures throughout the population as they arrive, rather than concentrate large groups in areas of deprivation. There are some cultures that are, to put it as best I can, having 'difficulties' fitting in. We have our very own Traveler problem, a group that still have problems integrating.

There are problems where streets have been populated with Roma, a known 'difficult' culture, in already deprived racially tense areas, based on the availability of cheap housing.

It would be far better to 'seed' the less ethnically diverse parts of the country, to spread more thinly the impact of the numbers involved.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Bruv;1458321 wrote: It doesn't matter what you call it, the problem will remain until they find a way to filter newcomers into the population unseen with minimal disruption to local life.

The policy ought to be to disperse different cultures throughout the population as they arrive, rather than concentrate large groups in areas of deprivation. There are some cultures that are, to put it as best I can, having 'difficulties' fitting in. We have our very own Traveler problem, a group that still have problems integrating.

There are problems where streets have been populated with Roma, a known 'difficult' culture, in already deprived racially tense areas, based on the availability of cheap housing.

It would be far better to 'seed' the less ethnically diverse parts of the country, to spread more thinly the impact of the numbers involved. An excellent perspective and food for debate. :-6
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

High Threshold;1458319 wrote: Inevitable, eh?

Oh shyt, I've had it now. :) I was only trying to lighten up an earlier comment that didn't go over very well. All I really want to say is that those with low-level immigration may not understand how badly the "problem" really is and may even think there is no problem at all. There's nothing wrong in having an opinion. I have my own opinion on the subject of parachuting, though I've never tried it.

It's also the attitude that because of our location we couldn't possibly know.

Does anyone ever wonder if we visit cities?

Does anyone ever wonder if we have family members living in these cities who we see regularly and discuss such things with?

Does anyone ever wonder if we have friends who live in these cities who we see regularly and discuss such things with.

Does anyone wonder if we have both families and friends living in other parts of the world that we discuss such things with.

Do people really believe we only read the local times, that we couldn't possibly carry out research around the subject concered from all sorts of sources.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

:):):)
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

High Threshold;1458324 wrote: :):):)

:wah:
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Bruv;1458321 wrote: It doesn't matter what you call it, the problem will remain until they find a way to filter newcomers into the population unseen with minimal disruption to local life.

It would be far better to 'seed' the less ethnically diverse parts of the country, to spread more thinly the impact of the numbers involved.

Doesn't work. We tried it with both immigration centres and allocation of lodgings.

1). Immigrants don't want to be detained (whilst being processed) in "isolated" communities. We had to close them down in the end.

2). Immigrants want to live near their own countrymen.

3). Government can't really enforce geographic placement of people without denying them their freedom.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

It would be far better to 'seed' the less ethnically diverse parts of the country, to spread more thinly the impact of the numbers involved. The idea of spreading the seed more thinly is no doubt one answer but in reality not practical. The purpose of most immigrants is to find work and naturally, they will concentrate on cities where work is more available. If they are relegated to the suburbs then the downside is immigrants dependent on social security. They may also wish to join family already settled in the cities and wouldn't it be against their human rights to deter them from cities? I believe Nick Clegg raised this issue some time ago. From experience, i've found that immigrants settling in rural areas such as mine integrate and assimilate far easier than when in large numbers and feel a voice based on numbers and with it comes the demands. Tower Hamlets is a classic example where the sheer numbers can bring about the farce we have just witnessed in elections that are now subject to an investigation of election fraud and threatening intimidation. When the English feel isolated and unrepresented, it's then they move out leaving an enclave of one race or religion.

Roma, i see little problems the same as i see no progressive problems with travelers besides which, travelers tend to be British and you can hardly class them as immigrants.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Betty Boop;1458323 wrote: It's also the attitude that because of our location we couldn't possibly know.

Does anyone ever wonder if we visit cities?

Does anyone ever wonder if we have family members living in these cities who we see regularly and discuss such things with?

Does anyone ever wonder if we have friends who live in these cities who we see regularly and discuss such things with.

Does anyone wonder if we have both families and friends living in other parts of the world that we discuss such things with.

Do people really believe we only read the local times, that we couldn't possibly carry out research around the subject concered from all sorts of sources.

I have a large family in the U.S.A but it doesn't make me the expert on U.S.A immigration. Born, raised, working in a city watching demographics change before your very eyes over decades doesn't come close to having friends in cities. The one member here who has researched immigration trends along with field trips to problem areas is Oscar, yet you dismiss any contribution she makes. It appears you have no intention of explaining what this agenda you accuse Oscar of having which leads me to my initial intuition that there is no agenda and it's just allegations you bandy about to give an impression of a superior knowledge that i believe by your contributions here, you are lacking. So rather than bandy baseless allegations around, how about offering a tangible counter debate based on fact?
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Peter Lake;1458265 wrote: Skewed ideas? That's debating in your book is it or just you have a problem with anyone who doesn't lap up every word you say?

You do not debate with Oscar, if you think you do then you are deluded. All i've ever seen from you with Oscar is trolling and personal attacks. So tell me then Betty, after she has stated quite clearly that most of the Muslim population assimilate and we have more Muslim friends sitting on our sofa in one week than you'll likely have for the rest of your life, what exactly is this agenda she has?

What it appears you have done is typical stereotyping at it's worst. It appears you assume that because Oscar talks of radical Islam and it's effect on society, she is classing all Muslims as extremists while in the same breathe you are stereotyping anyone who supports some far right policies as racist. Surely that's blatant hypocrisy on your part?

While you're there, tell me, why do you not take any other member to pieces when they have supported a post Oscar has made? There's plenty of content here for you to choose from.

Where is it you reside? [PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED BY MODERATOR] i believe. I was born and raised in the east end of London and i worked there for most of my life. I visit those parts a great deal and i do not recognise London today. Now call me a racist for saying so but i think you'll find John Cleese recently said similar.

Your bait racism is based on living in an area dependent on a dwindling fishing industry and tourism and i don't believe you can even begin to comprehend the change in demographics in this country. You go round and round in circles with Oscar solely due to your inability to present a case other than a personality clash.

Until you can offer anything that can show a counter debate to that which is posted throughout this thread then i'll let you get on with your own skewed perception on life in the inner cities. All you have offered so far is personality clashes and frankly my dear, i don't give a damn about your opinions.

There has been some very interesting debate in this thread from other members that i've enjoyed reading. It's not all about Oscar, open your eyes.

Problem is, Peter, that we cannot see Oscar's private life - all we see is the posts she makes and an inordinate number of those are in support of an extreme political party. Is it any wonder then that people disagree with her and take issue with what she says?

Also, a personality clash takes two personalities and Oscar is as guilty as anyone in pushing beyond the bounds of debate.

It is commendable that you defend your wife but be wary of committing the sins you accuse others of - if you think you're not then just reread your first two sentences here.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Bryn Mawr;1458331 wrote: Problem is, Peter, that we cannot see Oscar's private life - all we see is the posts she makes and an inordinate number of those are in support of an extreme political party. Is it any wonder then that people disagree with her and take issue with what she says?

Also, a personality clash takes two personalities and Oscar is as guilty as anyone in pushing beyond the bounds of debate.

It is commendable that you defend your wife but be wary of committing the sins you accuse others of - if you think you're not then just reread your first two sentences here.
You are bang on, you can't see Oscar's private life. Do you know where she is today? She's down the passport office with a Muslim friend attempting to resolve the farce surrounding the application of a new passport. From her expletives in phone calls today, i'm sure she'll write of her frustration in the passport thread on her return. What i object to is when false accusations are tossed around intending to give my wife a sinister personna in an attempt to coerce the readership into believing anyone with far right friends must be a rampant racist with an agenda. For the information of those who may actually care, Oscar has friends in the far right and they remain friends simply because she chooses them as friends based on the person and not that of which they represent. Also having a great deal of Muslim friends, she's in a position to debate with the far right the complexities of integration in society based on knowledge and views from both sides and believe it or not, she commands great respect from both sides. In my opinion and naturally i'm biased, i'd say she's far more qualified to do so than most given the distance of culture and difficulties between the two.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Betty Boop;1458325 wrote: It's also the attitude that because of our location we couldn't possibly know.

A slight exaggeration.

Betty Boop;1458325 wrote: Does anyone ever wonder if we visit cities?

And how does all of this fit in with the statement I made (the one to which this reply of yours is addressed) specifically about people living in non-congested cities?

…....

High Threshold;1458316 wrote: ..... the notion of multiculturalism is increasingly being blamed for the situation (that those in highly-congested cities detest while the uninitiated country-bumpkins haven't yet experienced in its fullest........

Are you then saying that your above post qualifies you for an adequate understanding of the situation – on par with any city dweller - and it is therefore you do not agree that there is a problem?
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I will clear up 'agenda'.

I was using the word in reference to this forum and it's threads so I mean the 'agenda' in each of her threads, she starts, someone responds, oscar doesn't then read responses and tackle them, she just re hashes her 'agenda' for that particular thread or changes the subject completely.

I don't much care if there are any other agendas outside of FG, we are in FG and that is all I was referring to.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

High Threshold;1458334 wrote: A slight exaggeration.

And how does all of this fit in with the statement I made (the one to which this reply of yours is addressed) specifically about people living in non-congested cities?

…....

Are you then saying that your above post qualifies you for an adequate understanding of the situation – on par with any city dweller - and it is therefore you do not agree that there is a problem?

My sarcastic reply was more about being labelled country bumpkins and the insinuation that we couldn't know anything. :rolleyes:
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Betty Boop;1458336 wrote: My sarcastic reply was more about being labelled country bumpkins and the insinuation that we couldn't know anything. :rolleyes:

Duly noted. :)
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Betty Boop;1458335 wrote: I will clear up 'agenda'.

I was using the word in reference to this forum and it's threads so I mean the 'agenda' in each of her threads, she starts, someone responds, oscar doesn't then read responses and tackle them, she just re hashes her 'agenda' for that particular thread or changes the subject completely.

I don't much care if there are any other agendas outside of FG, we are in FG and that is all I was referring to. Then what is the agenda for that particular thread? I think you'll find Oscar responds to most posts made in any thread she writes. Maybe she dismisses yours as not actually contributing anything other than throwing around false accusations to flame? Or, sorry, but maybe, she holds no regard for your opinion as is her right and does not have to hang on your every word as the greater knowledge on a subject you have shown no evidence of having any insight toward. Tell us what you know Betty rather than keep referring to she.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Peter Lake;1458333 wrote: You are bang on, you can't see Oscar's private life. Do you know where she is today? She's down the passport office with a Muslim friend attempting to resolve the farce surrounding the application of a new passport. From her expletives in phone calls today, i'm sure she'll write of her frustration in the passport thread on her return. What i object to is when false accusations are tossed around intending to give my wife a sinister personna in an attempt to coerce the readership into believing anyone with far right friends must be a rampant racist with an agenda. For the information of those who may actually care, Oscar has friends in the far right and they remain friends simply because she chooses them as friends based on the person and not that of which they represent. Also having a great deal of Muslim friends, she's in a position to debate with the far right the complexities of integration in society based on knowledge and views from both sides and believe it or not, she commands great respect from both sides. In my opinion and naturally i'm biased, i'd say she's far more qualified to do so than most given the distance of culture and difficulties between the two.

You miss the point - because we cannot see her private live, all we can go on is her posts. She could be feeding the five thousand in the soup queues for all we know and it makes absolutely no difference, all that counts is the arguments she puts forward in her posts and the way she presents those arguments.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Bryn Mawr;1458339 wrote: You miss the point - because we cannot see her private live, all we can go on is her posts. She could be feeding the five thousand in the soup queues for all we know and it makes absolutely no difference, all that counts is the arguments she puts forward in her posts and the way she presents those arguments. That's fair enough Bryn and i accept that point but as i said, all i see here is Oscar this, Oscar that or she and her with no actual opinion on problems or solutions within a diverse community. There's been very interesting reading in this thread from other nationalities that i've enjoyed reading and gleaned information from because believe it or not, Oscar and i do not spend our hours discussing immigration. It appears little heed is paid to that interesting input and just the sole desire to label Oscar in her absence. Perhaps now that's put to bed we can concentrate on the subject rather than what Oscar represents or may or may not be thinking away from the forum.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

The irony is all I did was agree with someone else about propaganda being posted but I got it in the neck, that's actually the really amusing part.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Betty Boop;1458341 wrote: The irony is all I did was agree with someone else about propaganda being posted but I got it in the neck, that's actually the really amusing part.

I asked you to tell us your opinion on the subject of the thread and what we've got is another dig. I was rather hoping you'd at least offer something by way of an opinion on multiculturalism to get the thread back on topic and off Oscar, she and her. I was hoping to debate your opinion with you but i can now see why Oscar has given up responding to you. It is not her who goes around in circles Betty, it's you. There's not one post from you that is not either attempting to take the thread off subject or anything i can quote you on to discuss. Like Oscar, i shall exercise my right within this forum to ignore further posts from you unless they actually address the subject and wait for further input from other members.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Peter Lake;1458342 wrote: I asked you to tell us your opinion on the subject of the thread and what we've got is another dig. I was rather hoping you'd at least offer something by way of an opinion on multiculturalism to get the thread back on topic and off Oscar, she and her. I was hoping to debate your opinion with you but i can now see why Oscar has given up responding to you. It is not her who goes around in circles Betty, it's you. There's not one post from you that is not either attempting to take the thread off subject or anything i can quote you on to discuss. Like Oscar, i shall exercise my right within this forum to ignore further posts from you unless they actually address the subject and wait for further input from other members.

I'm speechless. Except to say "Some of my best friends are ___________" (fill in blank). I don't know if that's true. And.......I'm astounded by what you said to Betty. Quite Bizarre.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Peter might not have hit all the nails on the head but he hit a lot more than he missed.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Let me give you an example of tolerance and assimilation.

14 years ago our closest Muslim friend opened a take away In our village along with some other outlets. When we first met, he was horrified at the Fox population In our lane given he lives next door to us. To him, In his homeland, the ' Tilki ' that deep rooted In culture Is considered ' Hasarat' to be shot or poisoned on sight was threatening and a danger to health. I am Oscar, the Fox whisperer. Over time, having spent many years researching Fox, being an anti-hunt activist In the past sabotaging hunts and studying their social Interaction, through experience, I was able to explain to him his fears were unfounded.

He was horrified we fed Foxes at first but he listened especially when I explained that a Fox In the area would ensure he never had problems with rats and mice because that was their second staple diet which he didn't know.

Over time we noticed the amount of waste from the take away at night and he asked If we'd like It for the Foxes. The upshot, Is over those 14 years, twice a week there will be a toot outside my house when he closes up and we'll find a 10 kilo bucket of chicken waste because he butchers his own chickens. He never has once missed delivering the buckets every week. The Important part, Is he came to this country with a deep rooted loathing and fear of Tilki. He would never even consider throwing away one scrap of kebab meat now because he understands that to some Inhabitants of his host country, wildlife Is Important and It's Important to us. Also, another Pakistani Muslim with a few resturants makes sure we get the scraps when they buy a whole lamb for the Foxes.

One day our pal was horrified to see a rat round his bins at the back of the take away. He's Immensely proud of his five star cleanliness rating by the local council. By co-Incidence, he also had a Fox begin to hang around the front of the shop. So, this man who grew up In the middle east with a hatred for Fox began to feed his visitor... I have some pics somewhere of him doing so outside his shop.... no more rat.

It's a trivial example but an example of acceptance, tolerance and assimilation. The radicals just want Foxes shot In their host country.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Back to topic and some further hypocrisy.

An angry mum is demanding an investigation after her son was mistakenly served a non-halal burger for his school lunch.

Thirteen-year-old Hassan Ramzan was given the wrong meal at Rotherham’s Brinsworth Comprehensive School.

He was told by a friend an error might have been made and when Hassan asked a member of the catering staff she admitted there had been a mix up.

Mum Imtiaz Khan, of Raby Street, Brinsworth, said she had felt sick after hearing about the incident.

South Yorkshire mum’s anger over school burger mix-up - The Star

In order to verify the source, I found other sources stating that this lad claimed he had been ' emotionally scarred' by eating the burger.

Really ? So Mum Is complaining that obviously Halal and regular meals were not labelled correctly yet calls for Halal meat to be clearly labelled In our supermarkets so we have a choice have been rejected by MP's.

Emotionally scarred?

Meanwhile over In Canada....

An Ottawa farmer claimed discrimination in court Monday after he was charged with operating an illegal slaughter plant without a licence while the Muslim men who bought and killed his sheep were not.

Anthony Scissons sold live sheep to the men in October 2012 from his farm in the rural community of Dunrobin, west of Kanata.

The three men who bought the sheep admitted to slaughtering the animals on the farm in a ritual called Dhabihah.

cgy-sheep-abuse

The sheep were sold to three men who killed the animals using an Islamic ritual. (CBC)

Scissons was charged under the Food Safety and Quality Act with operating an unlicensed slaughter plant.

Kurtis Andrews, the lawyer representing Scissons, said his client isn't Muslim and under Islamic law is forbidden from taking part in the slaughter.

Ottawa sheep farmer faces charges for slaughter on his land - Ottawa - CBC News
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1458442 wrote: ...... this lad claimed he had been ' emotionally scarred' by eating the burger.

By eating the burder, eh? I don't know much about Islam, really. Christianity, as I remember it from my youth, says that you need to be aware of your sin in order to be guilty.

I wonder if his emotional scars aren't brought on by his mother going on about it. I have a fear of the dentist thanks to my mum.
Oscar Namechange

High Threshold;1458443 wrote: By eating the burder, eh? I don't know much about Islam, really. Christianity, as I remember it from my youth, says that you need to be aware of your sin in order to be guilty.

I wonder if his emotional scars aren't brought on by his mother going on about it. I have a fear of the dentist thanks to my mum. The other article Is a real hypocrisy. How on earth can a slaughter be Illegal and Halal meat permitted?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Should Sikhs need to wear motor cycle helmets ?
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1458444 wrote: ..... How on earth can a slaughter be Illegal and Halal meat permitted?

Well, import?
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Bruv;1458445 wrote: Should Sikhs need to wear motor cycle helmets ?

I was under the impression that Sikhs DO wear a helmet ....... with a turban façade. Have I been misinformed?
Oscar Namechange

High Threshold;1458449 wrote: I was under the impression that Sikhs DO wear a helmet ....... with a turban façade. Have I been misinformed?

Sikh's are exempt on religious grounds from wearing a crash helmet on a motor bike or scooter providing they are wearing a turban. No Turban, then a crash helmet must be worn.

Religious Exemption act 1976
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Why aren't you picking on the Sikhs for their religious convictions ?
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1458450 wrote: Sikh's are exempt on religious grounds from wearing a crash helmet on a motor bike or scooter providing they are wearing a turban. No Turban, then a crash helmet must be worn.

Religious Exemption act 1976

Hmmm. I thought they got round it by wearing a purpose-built crash helmet that could be worn over their hair. So ..... can ANYONE wear a turban and avoid the helmet?
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Bruv;1458453 wrote: Why aren't you picking on the Sikhs for their religious convictions ?

Why do the Jews anguish over the Holocaust but not the Gypsies?
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1458453 wrote: Why aren't you picking on the Sikhs for their religious convictions ? Then I'll tell you why my little pit viper.

Take non-stun Halal slaughter first. This has been allowed to enter the shops and supermarkets unlabeled so we are unaware of what we are buying and eating. That Is allowing one minority dominate the food chain over and above any other minority Including Kosher and the majority.

Halal animals are blessed In the name of Allah. That Is allowing one minority religion to dominate over others.

Sikhs being exempt from wearing crash helmets on religious grounds are only affecting themselves should they have an accident. They are not calling for government of their host country to make all crash helmets obsolete regardless of religion or race and In turn make It general.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

"my little pit viper"!

:wah::yh_rotfl:wah:
Oscar Namechange

High Threshold;1458455 wrote: Hmmm. I thought they got round it by wearing a purpose-built crash helmet that could be worn over their hair. So ..... can ANYONE wear a turban and avoid the helmet?
The more safety conscious Sikh's can now buy a crash helmet Incorporated Into a Turban. Yet should they choose not to, they are exempt.

The Turbanator: THE TURBANATOR > Home
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1458457 wrote:

Sikhs being exempt from wearing crash helmets on religious grounds are only affecting themselves should they have an accident.

My Taxes have to pay to clear up the medical complications, one law for all......except when they are cuddly men with beards ?

A personal experience of a Muslim father buying sweeties for his kids.....

The guy that lives directly opposite from my wife's shop, the one that takes his car the 300 metres to the ex public house that now serves as a mosque, the same guy that wears the flowing robes one day a week, but not when he is running his restaraunt.

The wife and kids often seen waving from the upstairs window at my ebulliently gregarious wife......she says hello to anybody she does.

Well he pops over and asks are the sweets halal, I tell him not that I know, so he takes a selection anyway, saying they shouldn't really have them.

Don't think he is a radical, but his kids ate some gelatine laced chewies........and that is how it will happen slowly over time.....chipping away......unless we totally alienate them and turn them all into radicals.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1458463 wrote: My Taxes have to pay to clear up the medical complications, one law for all......except when they are cuddly men with beards ?

A personal experience of a Muslim father buying sweeties for his kids.....

The guy that lives directly opposite from my wife's shop, the one that takes his car the 300 metres to the ex public house that now serves as a mosque, the same guy that wears the flowing robes one day a week, but not when he is running his restaraunt.

The wife and kids often seen waving from the upstairs window at my ebulliently gregarious wife......she says hello to anybody she does.

Well he pops over and asks are the sweets halal, I tell him not that I know, so he takes a selection anyway, saying they shouldn't really have them.

Don't think he is a radical, but his kids ate some gelatine laced chewies........and that is how it will happen slowly over time.....chipping away......unless we totally alienate them and turn them all into radicals.

It's not about chipping away. You can't change heritage and culture by chipping away. You're talking about slowly Indoctrinating Muslims with Western culture. If a Sikh ' chipped away' at you, would you become more Sikh ?The best you can hope for Is assimilation and Integration and the extremists will only seek to change the host country.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1458466 wrote: It's not about chipping away. You can't change heritage and culture by chipping away. You're talking about slowly Indoctrinating Muslims with Western culture. If a Sikh ' chipped away' at you, would you become more Sikh ?The best you can hope for Is assimilation and Integration and the extremists will only seek to change the host country.

You worry about them chipping away........but we can't chip back?

The extremists can seek what ever they want.........there are more moderates......eating gelatine etc.etc.

You keep on ranting.....I shall keep on chipping
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1458470 wrote: You worry about them chipping away........but we can't chip back?

The extremists can seek what ever they want.........there are more moderates......eating gelatine etc.etc.

You keep on ranting.....I shall keep on chipping

If you chip back my little trap door spider, you are as guilty as the Muslims who want to change us.

Did you tell the customer the sweets were Halal? Why would you do that?

I worry about nothing....
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1458471 wrote: If you chip back my little trap door spider, you are as guilty as the Muslims who want to change us.

Did you tell the customer the sweets were Halal? Why would you do that?

I worry about nothing....

You must learn to read and react to what you read...............otherwise you are just talking to yourself
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1458475 wrote: You must learn to read and react to what you read...............otherwise you are just talking to yourself Don't try and squirm out of It... Did you lie and tell him the sweets were Halal?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1458476 wrote: Don't try and squirm out of It... Did you lie and tell him the sweets were Halal?

It is ALL in the post...................if you read and take in what I wrote............otherwise I am wasting my freaking time here.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1458484 wrote: It is ALL in the post...................if you read and take in what I wrote............otherwise I am wasting my freaking time here.

Oh I read but It makes no sense.

Posted by Bruv

You ' not that I know' what?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I give up.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1458486 wrote: I give up. You give up ?????????

Nighty Nighty
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1458460 wrote: The more safety conscious Sikh's can now buy a crash helmet Incorporated Into a Turban. Yet should they choose not to, they are exempt.

The Turbanator: THE TURBANATOR > Home

Very interesting. I do have a couple of questions, however.

1). Is the helmet-exempting conventional turban any kind of wrap-up or must it be bona-fide by certain manufacturer(s)?

2). Is one required (by UK law) to prove one's faith in order to wear a conventional turban, thus leaving the crash helmet behind? I mean, what about a rastafarian who could certainly benefit from a good wrap-around?

3). This quote from the crash turban link: "Until now, all Sikhs have had to simply rely on their traditional fabric cloth material and consequently put their lives in danger because of their strong religious beliefs." But if (I say "if") worshippers of any faith believe that the life of any one man is in the hands of G_d then wouldn't wearing protective gear be an overt display of infidelity?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I don't think Oscar will undertand the concepts involved.......she cannot grasp the conversational meaning behind a simple sentence such as ......."Well he pops over and asks are the sweets halal, I tell him not that I know, so he takes a selection anyway, saying they shouldn't really have them."
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Bruv;1458486 wrote: I give up.

I feel your pain mate.

"Not that I know" makes perfect sense to me
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Snowfire;1458517 wrote: I feel your pain mate.

"Not that I know" makes perfect sense to me

I was willing to consider my peculiar phrasing might cloud what I mean to say......but only the first dozen times similar conversations have happened.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

High Threshold;1458456 wrote: Why do the Jews anguish over the Holocaust but not the Gypsies?

What makes you think they don't? There was a special ceremony at my nearby Holocaust Memorial specifically for Gypsies & gays.

Return to “Current Events”