If The Shoe Fits ....

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
jones jones

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by jones jones »

There are many positives and as many negatives involved in out daily exploration of the Internet. Who would have dreamt all those dark years ago BI (Before Internet) that we would have such a marvellous world available to us at the flick of a switch.

It has enabled us to communicate with as never before; Face Book, Twitter, Google and e-mail have changed our lives in a way we could never have believed possible.

At the same time, on the down side, it has also enabled cowards to take cheap shots at their fellow earthlings who, if they ever came face to face with, they would never have the guts to say the same stuff Mano-a-mano.

It has given wimps the ability to pretend they are men and to bathe in the light of their own inadequacies.

Sigh …
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
tude dog

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by tude dog »

It also give us "wimps", as you put it the ability to challenge a bully on an intellectual level without fear of physical confrontation.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
jones jones

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by jones jones »

Strange how the wimps & cowards instantly recognize themselves even when they aren't on the list. :yh_rotfl
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
tude dog

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by tude dog »

jones jones;1457355 wrote: Strange how the wimps & cowards instantly recognize themselves even when they aren't on the list. :yh_rotfl

cute
Bruv

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by Bruv »

I for one have been missing the "Look at me" threads that JJ has perfected to an art form.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by Oscar Namechange »

It's like a couple of weeks ago. A certain footballer decided to slate Nick Griffin on Twitter. You know the Nick Griffin I mean ? The evil one capable of brainwashing his flock ? Anyway, for a laugh one uneventful rainy night, Mr Griffin and I took to Twitter to address the footballers comments.... oh dear, how he cried...Although It was Nick who called him Gobshyte, not me.

Too right JJ...

How they bully until caught up with eh?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
jones jones

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by jones jones »

Oscar Namechange;1457389 wrote: It's like a couple of weeks ago. A certain footballer decided to slate Nick Griffin on Twitter. You know the Nick Griffin I mean ? The evil one capable of brainwashing his flock ? Anyway, for a laugh one uneventful rainy night, Mr Griffin and I took to Twitter to address the footballers comments.... oh dear, how he cried...Although It was Nick who called him Gobshyte, not me.

Too right JJ...

How they bully until caught up with eh?

Pre-effing-cisely maam!
G#Gill

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by G#Gill »

tude dog;1457352 wrote: It also give us "wimps", as you put it the ability to challenge a bully on an intellectual level without fear of physical confrontation.

tude - does a bully have an intellectual level ? :-3 :yh_rotfl :lips:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
LarsMac

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by LarsMac »

G#Gill;1457394 wrote: tude - does a bully have an intellectual level ? :-3 :yh_rotfl :lips:

There are plenty of intellectual bullies out there.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by G#Gill »

Well there are some bullies who think they are intellectual and try to act intellectually, but in truth they are very shallow, disfunctional people who can only find that illusive "buzz" to their insignificant and sad little lives, by acting in such an anti-social way with the protection of an anonymous screen and causing as much upset to another person as they possibly can !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
AnneBoleyn

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I have no idea what, or who, this conversation is really about. Duhhhhhhhhh.
tude dog

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by tude dog »

G#Gill;1457394 wrote: tude - does a bully have an intellectual level ? :-3 :yh_rotfl :lips:

Not one I want to explore face to face.
LarsMac

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1457402 wrote: I have no idea what, or who, this conversation is really about. Duhhhhhhhhh.
Eh, just wing it.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1457402 wrote: I have no idea what, or who, this conversation is really about. Duhhhhhhhhh.

Thank you.

Should have left it alone a long time ago.
Oscar Namechange

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Really ?

Seriously ?

Can no-one In this thread see that the comments ensuing the OP are exactly what he's talking about.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by LarsMac »

Oscar Namechange;1457412 wrote: Really ?

Seriously ?

Can no-one In this thread see that the comments ensuing the OP are exactly what he's talking about.

Sure it is about empowering the Whimp in all of us.
- DH Lawrence
Lady J

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by Lady J »

jones jones;1457348 wrote: There are many positives and as many negatives involved in out daily exploration of the Internet. Who would have dreamt all those dark years ago BI (Before Internet) that we would have such a marvellous world available to us at the flick of a switch.

It has enabled us to communicate with as never before; Face Book, Twitter, Google and e-mail have changed our lives in a way we could never have believed possible.

At the same time, on the down side, it has also enabled cowards to take cheap shots at their fellow earthlings who, if they ever came face to face with, they would never have the guts to say the same stuff Mano-a-mano.

It has given wimps the ability to pretend they are men and to bathe in the light of their own inadequacies.

Sigh …

It is a shame that people use trolling and bulling on the internet. Some Physiologists say it is a sign of a mental disorder, perhaps a new form, associated with the Internet. Some say it’s just an old mental malfunction that has found a new venue to elicit twisted pleasure. An aggressive behavior that cause disruptions in social media threads and tries to divert the subject... by throwing stabbing comments into a post even when the person being attacked is not involved in the thread is an attempt from a weak, sorry soul who is lacking self-esteem, dying for attention and has issues.

No internet forum is free of these insensitive 'earthlings' and the same hold true here at FG. FG is a great site except for the few who are just plain jerks.
High Threshold

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by High Threshold »

Bruv;1457385 wrote: I for one have been missing the "Look at me" threads that JJ has perfected to an art form.

Yes. He hasn't been in evidence much lately, but the "D____d America" thread seems to have spurred him into making a come-back. :wah:
High Threshold

If The Shoe Fits ....

Post by High Threshold »

It's his way of licking his wounds from another thread.

Return to “General Chit Chat”