Breed All About It!

Discussions about your pets!
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

We all know that dogs are man's best friend ... but do we always know what breed our friend actually is? I mean its like asking if your new human friend is English, French, American, German whatever. So lets share and learn and discuss it right here! "Breed All About It"

I'll start by posting a picture of a breed and see who can name that breed....and please be sure to add some dog breeds.
fuzzywuzzy

Breed All About It!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/membe ... 4-201.html

Used to own a couple of these and waiting for my new pup to be born .
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

This is Harry.....

fuzzywuzzy

Breed All About It!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

huh a poodle
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

fuzzywuzzy;1453866 wrote: http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/membe ... 4-201.html

Used to own a couple of these and waiting for my new pup to be born .

What breed of dog fuzzy? Looks a lot like a Tibet Mastive. So You are waiting on a puppy? That is fun, exciting and means a lot of work! But worth every inch of it!!
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

fuzzywuzzy;1453868 wrote: huh a poodle

Yep!! Known as a standard poodle.

Did you know that the poodle is one of the top three smartest dogs?

10 Smartest Dog Breeds: Most Teachable, Trainable Dogs
fuzzywuzzy

Breed All About It!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

It's a Newfoundland. They are horrible as pups . Worse than a lab or golden retriever. And they love water . It's not uncommon for them to jump into a bath with you . Which is probably fun when they are pups but not when they are 70 something kilos. lol
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

fuzzywuzzy;1453871 wrote: It's a Newfoundland. They are horrible as pups . Worse than a lab or golden retriever. And they love water . It's not uncommon for them to jump into a bath with you . Which is probably fun when they are pups but not when they are 70 something kilos. lol

I would image so! When are you expecting your puppy?

And how does he deal with your weather?

That's a lot of fur!!
fuzzywuzzy

Breed All About It!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Lady J;1453870 wrote: Yep!! Known as a standard poodle.

Did you know that the poodle is one of the top three smartest dogs?

10 Smartest Dog Breeds: Most Teachable, Trainable Dogs

Yeah.. but I think I would put a red or blue heeler on the top of that list. Does not make a good pet but working wise it excels beyond the border collie. Very intelligent
fuzzywuzzy

Breed All About It!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Lady J;1453872 wrote: I would image so! When are you expecting your puppy?

And how does he deal with your weather?

That's a lot of fur!!

I used to cut the fur back on my other dogs but I'm right on the seaside now so we get sea breezes in summer . It won't be a problem. I don't know, I haven't ordered one yet ......still testing out the other halves attitude toward one. Plus no breeder has any pups in Vic at the moment. They are very expensive and they don't come up very often. I wouldn't mind an adult dog through the rescue though .
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

fuzzywuzzy;1453874 wrote: I used to cut the fur back on my other dogs but I'm right on the seaside now so we get sea breezes in summer . It won't be a problem. I don't know, I haven't ordered one yet ......still testing out the other halves attitude toward one. Plus no breeder has any pups in Vic at the moment. They are very expensive and they don't come up very often. I wouldn't mind an adult dog through the rescue though .

Ya know fuzzy at the dog park I work at over 75% of the dogs are rescue and I see a lot of rescued pedigree dogs come thru....get your feet set and hopefully you will be dog bound before long!
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

fuzzywuzzy;1453873 wrote: Yeah.. but I think I would put a red or blue heeler on the top of that list. Does not make a good pet but working wise it excels beyond the border collie. Very intelligent

well fuzzy every dog has his/her best. The border collie, GS and poodle also make great family members and protectors and that is probably why they are top of the list. But I will agree...the heeler is a great smart working dog.
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

This is Leon. Very cute with love me big brown eys~ What breed is he?

Attached files
fuzzywuzzy

Breed All About It!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Awwwhhh a little Dachshund.
Oscar Namechange

Breed All About It!

Post by Oscar Namechange »

At last !!! You have shared the Inhabitants of your dog park here along with your photography skills... about time Mrs...... love seeing them all on Facebook.

Yet from all your beautiful pics of the park, I've never seen you post one of these.... does anyone know this breed ???

This pedigree breed was only recognised by The Kennel Club In 1983.... I have one of these... never again... hahaha

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
jones jones

Breed All About It!

Post by jones jones »

This is a very very rare breed of dog known as a "Sooner."

"Sooner run than fight!"
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

Oscar Mate;1453886 wrote: At last !!! You have shared the Inhabitants of your dog park here along with your photography skills... about time Mrs...... love seeing them all on Facebook.

Yet from all your beautiful pics of the park, I've never seen you post one of these.... does anyone know this breed ???

This pedigree breed was only recognised by The Kennel Club In 1983.... I have one of these... never again... hahaha

Let me guess.....is his name Jack? As in Jack Russell Terrier or AKA Fox Hunter?
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

jones jones;1454009 wrote: This is a very very rare breed of dog known as a "Sooner."

"Sooner run than fight!"

I see a lot of "Sooners" at the Dpk.....nothing wrong with it, they actually are the friendliest! Better a lover than a fighter.
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

fuzzywuzzy;1453871 wrote: It's a Newfoundland. They are horrible as pups . Worse than a lab or golden retriever. And they love water . It's not uncommon for them to jump into a bath with you . Which is probably fun when they are pups but not when they are 70 something kilos. lol

Last night Sir visited the Dpk and I thought of you. I thought you would enjoy this. Sir is 18 months old and about 120 pounds. He luvs to dip his head, legs whatever he can into the big bowls at the park.

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

Breed All About It!

Lady J;1454043 wrote: Let me guess.....is his name Jack? As in Jack Russell Terrier or AKA Fox Hunter? Very very close LJ

Parson Russell Terrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

Oscar Mate;1454046 wrote: Very very close LJ

Parson Russell Terrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can't get much closer than that!

Spunky dogs! Did he hunt your foxes?
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

Here are a couple more images of Sir...

First with drool! Gotta have lots of drool!

Then Sir and Bodhi playing....big dogs. Stay out of their way when shooting photos as they will knock you down and do some serious damage!

Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

This is Duke ~~

Attached files
fuzzywuzzy

Breed All About It!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

beautiful looking doberman ....and he's still got his ears.
fuzzywuzzy

Breed All About It!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Lady J;1454048 wrote: Here are a couple more images of Sir...

First with drool! Gotta have lots of drool!

Then Sir and Bodhi playing....big dogs. Stay out of their way when shooting photos as they will knock you down and do some serious damage!

awwwhhh he looks like my old Ben. And yes they drool a lot when there's food or water about. Yep just their tail will throw you for six ...or clear a coffee table lol
jones jones

Breed All About It!

Post by jones jones »

Sir is a real "slimer!" They give new meaning to the phrase ... "It made my mouth water!"

I had a beautiful Doberman bitch called "Zee Zee" whom I loved so much. I had a big galvanised bath I used to bathe her in from time to time. Whenever she saw me in the yard filling it with water, Zee Zee used to climb into it and wait patiently for me to bathe her.

When she was diagnosed with diabetes, I spent six months giving her a daily injection of insulin until one day just before I was about to inject her, she turned and looked up at me and the look in her eyes said to me: "Please don't ... let me go now." :-1

I loved her so much. :-4
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Oscar Namechange

Breed All About It!

Lady J;1454047 wrote: Can't get much closer than that!

Spunky dogs! Did he hunt your foxes? He barks and growls at them and they take absolutely no notice of him
jones jones

Breed All About It!

Post by jones jones »

Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

Have a dog? We all love our dogs...no matter what breed. They help us to smile, laugh, cry, stay young at heart and they listen, when no one else will....and with their instinct and affection they bring us comfort.

Share a picture or a story of you and your dog.

Attached files
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

jones jones;1454059 wrote:

I had a beautiful Doberman bitch called "Zee Zee" whom I loved so much. I had a big galvanised bath I used to bathe her in from time to time. Whenever she saw me in the yard filling it with water, Zee Zee used to climb into it and wait patiently for me to bathe her.

When she was diagnosed with diabetes, I spent six months giving her a daily injection of insulin until one day just before I was about to inject her, she turned and looked up at me and the look in her eyes said to me: "Please don't ... let me go now." :-1

I loved her so much. :-4

I remember You telling me of her....It is heart breaking to lose a dog....people without dogs don't understand that it is like losing a child. I am positive that Zee Zee had a happy and fulfilling life with You Jj. :yh_hugs
Oscar Namechange

Breed All About It!

Are you ready for some sentimental stuff here?

Well as boy dog winds down to cross the Rainbow Bridge ( 16 years old ) we have been discussing taking rescue but not just rescue, one who has suffered. ( There are so many ). Peter Is all for taking older rescue to give an old dog a forever home but was worried about one who had been abused In case he cam with problems.

So I have emotionally blackmailed him. I sent him this In an E mail and just left him this to find on his laptop.

This Is the Living will of Agent Fox Mulder.

For Peter Daddy.

Upon my passing, I request that you shall not say ' nothing can replace him' but see my passing as my making a space for a lost soul.

1) For that lost soul I bequeath them my warm basket In front of the fire.

2 ) I leave him your arms to hold him when he's scared

3) I leave him your lap where he can rest his head

4) I leave him your hands for that gentle reassuring pat on the head.

5 ) I leave him your priorities where you put my welfare before your own needs.

6 ) I leave him my leash for him to go walking where I had so much fun

7 ) I leave him my food bowl so he'll never go hungry

8 ) I leave him your patience to understand he won't always get It right.

10 ) I leave him your joy when returning home to see him waiting for you

11 ) And finally, I bequeath him your love for I know that If he has an ounce of your love for me, he'll no longer be lost.

Please do these things for me Daddy Peter for then I live on within you.

Ahem, I win
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

This is Duke...he is an American Mastiff and at 1 1/2 years old weighs 170 pounds. He is the gentle giant of the dog park. Cute...he slobbers a lot and his owner walks around with a hand towel so Duke' slobber doesn't get drooled over the other dogs!

Attached files
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

And of course this winter the Huskies luved the snow! Did you know that their coat lets them withstand temperatures as low as −50 to −60 °C (−58 to −76 °F). That's pretty damn cold to play in!

Attached files
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

Here is one I will leave you with....his name is Mike.

Any takers for his breed?

Attached files
Wandrin

Breed All About It!

Post by Wandrin »

Lady J;1454393 wrote: Here is one I will leave you with....his name is Mike.

Any takers for his breed?

He looks like a whippet.
Snowfire

Breed All About It!

Post by Snowfire »

We have a whippet.

Beautiful temperament.

She's only 6 months old. She doesnt bark, except in exceptional circumstances. She doesnt smell "doggy". Very easy to train. Runs like the wind.

They hate the cold and the rain and will spend 18 hours a day cuddled up to you groaning with pleasure.

Little bit whiney though
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Breed All About It!

Lady J;1454393 wrote: Here is one I will leave you with....his name is Mike.

Any takers for his breed? Saluki ?
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

Wandrin;1454397 wrote: He looks like a whippet.

Very close Wandrin. Mike, just like a whippet is part of the greyhound family. Mike is an Italian Greyhound.

Here is his 'brother' Frankie.

Attached files
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

One patron and her husband come with their three dogs. This breed originated in Siberia and was used to help with the herding of reindeers and to pull sleds. An alternate name for the breed, especially in Europe is Bjelkier.

Most know them as Sammies or Samoyed.

Attached files
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

Here is Charlie! What a cutie :-4

What breed is Charlie?

Attached files
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

Lady J;1454543 wrote: Here is Charlie! What a cutie :-4

What breed is Charlie?

He is a West Highland White Terrier! Adorable dog, origin from Scotland, and full of energy, playfulness and affection. If you have badgers and vermin around your home this little guy is a great hunter!
Oscar Namechange

Breed All About It!

Lady J;1454927 wrote: He is a West Highland White Terrier! Adorable dog, origin from Scotland, and full of energy, playfulness and affection. If you have badgers and vermin around your home this little guy is a great hunter! Badgers vermin ???? What little ole Brock ? Not In my yard !! lol
fuzzywuzzy

Breed All About It!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

My mum bred westies . got an Australian champion out of a runt
jones jones

Breed All About It!

Post by jones jones »

Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

Here is Bella, she is a Shiba Inu. This breed is from Japan and an agile dog that copes very well with mountainous terrain, the Shiba Inu was originally bred for hunting. It is one of the few ancient dog breeds still in existence in the world today.

Attached files
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

Here are some interesting Fun facts:

It has been established that people who own pets live longer, have less stress, and have fewer heart attacks.

Dogs are actually right pawed or left pawed, just like people are (only with hands, of course).

Dogs can see in color, though they most likely see colors similar to a color-blind human. They can see better when the light is low.

Your dog can tell when there is a change in barometric pressure and static electricity in the air, which is how dogs are able to respond early to changes in the weather. Dogs can also sense earthquakes well in advance.

:guitarist
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

One more before I go....

Any takers for knowing this breed?

This breed is light and dainty, yet still lively, and is distinguished from other breeds by his/her beautiful, butterfly-like ears.

BTW her name is Zada. :)

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

Breed All About It!

Lady J;1455571 wrote: One more before I go....

Any takers for knowing this breed?

This breed is light and dainty, yet still lively, and is distinguished from other breeds by his/her beautiful, butterfly-like ears.

BTW her name is Zada. :)

Chinese Water Spaniel ???
Lady J

Breed All About It!

Post by Lady J »

Oscar Sellotape;1455581 wrote: Chinese Water Spaniel ???

You are in the correct family Oscar....it is a Spaniel. Zada is a Papillon (from the French word for butterfly, pronounced: [papiˈjɔ̃]), also called the Continental Toy Spaniel, is a breed of dog of the Spaniel type.
Oscar Namechange

Breed All About It!

Lady J;1455685 wrote: You are in the correct family Oscar....it is a Spaniel. Zada is a Papillon (from the French word for butterfly, pronounced: [papiˈjɔ̃]), also called the Continental Toy Spaniel, is a breed of dog of the Spaniel type.
Butter my arsse... I should have know that... of course.

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”