A Few Million Year Ago

Lon

A Few Million Year Ago

Post by Lon »

208-----------144 Million Years Ago

The Jurassic period began and the Age of the Ruling Reptiles. During this period, vegetation was greener and more lush. By Late Jurassic, huge dinosaurs such as Stegosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Brachiosaurus, and Allosaurus walked the lands. Flying reptiles ruled the skies. The earliest known birds also appeared.

2 Million Years Ago-----The Quaternary Period

The Quaternary period was the second and last period of the Cenozoic era. Quaternary period is divided into two epochs: Pleistocene and Holocene. Mammoths roamed the lands. Cattle, deer, and of course, Homo habilis, Homo erectus, and Homo sapiens.

And yet, there are those that truly believe that all the above could have occured no more than 5,000 years ago. I just don't get it.
nvalleyvee

A Few Million Year Ago

Post by nvalleyvee »

You know Lon I don't get the "born again scientists" or religious zealots who say dinosaurs were on this Earth 10,000 years ago either - it is UTTER POPPYCOCK. I have a degree in environmental science so I know wherefore you speak. Evolution takes many millions of years. A proper scientist who holds religious beliefs has alway prefaces his timeline with.......I do not know how long God's days or years are.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Flint_Knapper

A Few Million Year Ago

Post by Flint_Knapper »

Scientists; create the theory from the facts – Creationists; fit the facts into the theory.
~o~ Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue. ~o~
chonsigirl

A Few Million Year Ago

Post by chonsigirl »

Hello there Flint Knapper, seeing that was your first post........................

Accountable

A Few Million Year Ago

Post by Accountable »

Flint_Knapper wrote: Scientists; create the theory from the facts – Creationists; fit the facts into the theory.
How about the rest of us?
Bez

A Few Million Year Ago

Post by Bez »

Hi flint...welcome to FG....I laughed when I read your signature.....so true !

Enjoy your time here.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Flint_Knapper

A Few Million Year Ago

Post by Flint_Knapper »

Accountable wrote: How about the rest of us?

I think we just try to fit
~o~ Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue. ~o~
chonsigirl

A Few Million Year Ago

Post by chonsigirl »

*pulling on pair of tight jeans*

What if the fit is a little tight..............................:wah:

Knap it a little larger next dear, dear Flint.

*silly thought-remember the old movie, In Like Flint?*
David Hill

A Few Million Year Ago

Post by David Hill »

208-----------144 Million Years Ago

The Jurassic period began and the Age of the Ruling Reptiles. During this period, vegetation was greener and more lush. By Late Jurassic, huge dinosaurs such as Stegosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Brachiosaurus, and Allosaurus walked the lands. Flying reptiles ruled the skies. The earliest known birds also appeared.

2 Million Years Ago-----The Quaternary Period

The Quaternary period was the second and last period of the Cenozoic era. Quaternary period is divided into two epochs: Pleistocene and Holocene. Mammoths roamed the lands. Cattle, deer, and of course, Homo habilis, Homo erectus, and Homo sapiens.

And yet, there are those that truly believe that all the above could have occured no more than 5,000 years ago. I just don't get it.

I'm Religious, but there is no way in hell that Dinosaurs were here ~5,000 years ago... that's comeplete and utter Bullsh!t... honestly there are freako's out there...
alobar51

A Few Million Year Ago

Post by alobar51 »

Accountable wrote: How about the rest of us?

I never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Return to “History”