Hyacith and Onslow?

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
High Threshold

Hyacith and Onslow?

Post by High Threshold »

Expect the very unexpected ...

Oscar Namechange

Hyacith and Onslow?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

We used to call my Sister Hyacinth Bucket. She was a terrible snob just like the character even down to the ' what will Daddy say'... She died of breast cancer.

Her husband we called Onslow because the was the complete opposite of my sister.... an utter slob who she's shoo out of the house so the neighbours didn't see him In his vest.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
High Threshold

Hyacith and Onslow?

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Mate;1453720 wrote: We used to call my Sister Hyacinth Bucket. She was a terrible snob just like the character even down to the ' what will Daddy say'... She died of breast cancer.

Her husband we called Onslow because the was the complete opposite of my sister.... an utter slob who she's shoo out of the house so the neighbours didn't see him In his vest.

Oh, my Lord! With real-life people like that there's possibility for Hyacinth and Onslow. Even Richard and Daisy slide across the floor, did you notice? I love them all.
Oscar Namechange

Hyacith and Onslow?

High Threshold;1453726 wrote: Oh, my Lord! With real-life people like that there's possibility for Hyacinth and Onslow. Even Richard and Daisy slide across the floor, did you notice? I love them all.

I think that's what made the series so wonderful. The fact that there really are people like that out there and why the series was so popular because people can Identify with the characters. Everyone knows a real life Hyacinth and Onslow.

Me... I was more akin to the sister Rose hahaha
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
High Threshold

Hyacith and Onslow?

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Mate;1453731 wrote: ..... The fact that there really are people like that out there .....

Oh, nice!
AnneBoleyn

Hyacith and Onslow?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I love this show too. Hyacinth can sure get down & boogie! It was nice to see Daisy looking so nice, she "rose" to the occasion!
Chloe_88

Hyacith and Onslow?

Post by Chloe_88 »

Hyacinth - my mums stepmum

Onslow - my old neighbour, but his shirt is too short to cover his beer belly

Little britain "computer says No"; must have been based on my mums friend (who is like an aunt to us). She is a spitting image, the hair, glasses, the cough etc.. it could have been her!
Oscar Namechange

Hyacith and Onslow?

Chloe_88;1453741 wrote: Hyacinth - my mums stepmum

Onslow - my old neighbour, but his shirt is too short to cover his beer belly

Little britain "computer says No"; must have been based on my mums friend (who is like an aunt to us). She is a spitting image, the hair, glasses, the cough etc.. it could have been her!

Little Britain's Dereck owns a newsagents where we used to live... we still call his shop ' Gay News' and he knows It...
fuzzywuzzy

Hyacith and Onslow?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Ha ha ha ha sorry saw the irony of a person called 'High threshold' with a thread on Hyacinth.............that's funny .
High Threshold

Hyacith and Onslow?

Post by High Threshold »

fuzzywuzzy;1453756 wrote: Ha ha ha ha sorry saw the irony of a person called 'High threshold' with a thread on Hyacinth.............that's funny .

Richard and I are a rare breed.
fuzzywuzzy

Hyacith and Onslow?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

lol

Return to “General TV Shows”